British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Beowulf

Wolves V Rye House 10th July

If the unusual suspects stopped bringing the horror track up, keeping the thread off topic, it would have been mentioned in passing ONCE!!

I'm not surprised you are still stirring rubbish though, lol!

I'm not surprised you keep stirring rubbish either, once in passing yeah right!

• Like 1

I remember the days when you could come n to the Wolves thread and have a meaningful discussion and a decent debate with knowledgeable fans.

Every time I drop in these days, there seems to be a noticeable toxic atmosphere.

For what it's worth, I reckon Monmore is an excellent track. Yes it's small and tight, but I've always been of the opinion that it's a pleasure to see a rider using all his skills and abilities mastering a tight track. Leigh Adams at Lakesde for example. I also recall a supreme 15 point maximum by Ole Olsen at Oxford in the 70's. Simply breathtaking riding and throttle control.

• Like 2

Still keeping the thread off topic?

Maybe its time this was locked as the unusual suspects just can't accept someone has a different opinion to theirs.

It's nice to see you can post without using the H word to describe the track.

The rest of us at least are trying to keep the thread on topic.

Horror count in 24 hrs: 8

It's nice to see you can post without using the H word to describe the track.

The rest of us at least are trying to keep the thread on topic.

Horror count in 24 hrs: 8

Can I add to the "Horror" count? What I'm reading is a horror to the average BSF member. I would strike a note of horror at what I'm reading and as (not) a Wolverhampton fan I am horror(fied) at what I'm reading about the Wolverhampton track.

Get real. You're all being a bit silly.

Pity we don't have decent mods on this forum, I belong to a LFC forum, you go off topic and a holiday or warning comes your way, if someone wants to discuss the track itself, start its own thread and keep this one for the match............ :t:

• Like 2

Exactly.. There was an opportunity to build a very nicely shaped circuit given that the space was completely clear inside the new dog track.

A golden opportunity missed IMO.

Nothing wrong with the shape, brilliant speedway up until 2011, blame the F.I.M for bringing in the new silencers, That's what has killed Monmore

Hopefully the H word suspect has learned his lesson.

No one needs to keep on reading it.

Plus many positive comments on the track, shape and racing. As well as balanced criticism.

Nothing wrong with the shape, brilliant speedway up until 2011, blame the F.I.M for bringing in the new silencers, That's what has killed Monmore

A natural response from someone who supports Wolves :lol:

My point was that given the available space after the alterations to the dog track, there could have been a much more "flowing " shape to the track.

Just my opinion. ;)

• Like 1

Stevebrum.............. Please take my name off that list, I have no interest responding to that personal abuser.

Going well isn't it? Obviously a man of your word. All this stupid nonsense would stop if you actually did what you said you'd do and stop responding. He'd soon get fed up then and the rest of us could read the topics without having to put up with all this rubbish.

Edited by Gemini
  • Like 2

Going well isn't it? Obviously a man of your word. All this stupid nonsense would stop if you actually did what you said you'd do and stop responding. He'd soon get fed up then and the rest of us could read the topics without having to put up with all this rubbish.

I've largely ignored his posts. Shame you can't include that poster in your condemnations too. :rolleyes:

This was far from the worst meeting broadcast on TV. Thought Rye House would keep it closer with Lindgren underperforming. Alas. It is clear that while they make solid performers as heat leaders neither Harris or Nichols gate regularly enough to be even British League #1s any more.

• Like 2

The lack of moderation on this forum is shocking. Having to wade through pages of bickering and point scoring is rather tedious.

• Like 7

Enjoyed the trip to Monmore Heath on Monday, came home watched it on youtube and it scared me, a real tough battle for points and a real high level of skill on display and surely the most frightening first turn around.

I've largely ignored his posts. Shame you can't include that poster in your condemnations too. :rolleyes:

You're the one who stated you'd no interest in responding to him and yet you still do and so it goes on with another thread ruined. As far as I'm aware the other poster hasn't claimed he's going to stop goading you so no point in me including him.

You're the one who stated you'd no interest in responding to him and yet you still do and so it goes on with another thread ruined. As far as I'm aware the other poster hasn't claimed he's going to stop goading you so no point in me including him.

The thread is ruined, as was the last one and the one before by one person alone, that is Fred Flange.

Stevebrum is not the only person to have issues with him. Posters like you, attacking the victim, instead of the instigator do not help the matter as it merely emboldens him as you can see from the very next post.

• Like 1