British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Beowulf

Wolves V Rye House 10th July

Anyone know how Rob Branford picked up his injury the only info on the Rye site says he has a shoulder injury.

Rehurt his shoulder guesting at Ipswich.

Junior

SRA track of the year awards Wolves record is

Winner 2006 2009 2010 2012 2015

Second 2007 2011 3013 2014 2016

Third 2008

Not too shabby top 3 in 11 years

Shame they are not league championship wins... Having laughed my way through this thread, based on tonights meeting Wolves have no chance of winning the league..

Edited by Starman2006

Shame they are not league championship wins...

We can't win it every year.

We can't win it every year.

Make the most of last. You won't win it again.. ;)

Currently? It's been rubbish for years you blind prat

Whilst I can't agree with the language, I agree 100% with the sentiment.

What ever again ? Jackass.

What ever again ? Jackass.

Poole fans feel the need to troll on nearly every Wolves thread nowadays, a sure sign of how irrelevant their own weak team and god awful track is looking this season.

• Like 1

Won't be Poole that's for sure.

• Like 1

Shame they are not league championship wins... Having laughed my way through this thread, based on tonights meeting Wolves have no chance of winning the league..

Will you be laughing when ford sells the club and you become a total irrelevance as you were previously ? Or weren't you fan then ?

Edited by Beowulf
  • Like 1

got to love the 2 Poole boys clogging up the Wolves thread. One a troll and another without the family brain. Shovlar saying Wolves is a crap track and Starman saying they can't win the league!!! These 2 morons certainly give us plenty to chuckle about!!! Can't wait till Poole go there for there thrashing. Got beat earlier in the season and Wolves now have Schlein could be a massacre!!

Give me Belle Vue type of track over this any day of the week. The hint is in the name. SPEEDway.

Your preference and you're entitled to your opinion, but as usual just fishing.

I've seen some boring meetings at big fast tracks over my 32 years watching speedway. Kings Lynn is a prime example. Can't recall seeing a decent meeting there, but that may be due to my team being so uncompetitive back in the day.

Sheffield is another example, but the worst has to be Berwick, especially in the post Peter Waite days after they'd ironed out all the bumps and made it much less frightening to ride.

Has there ever been what you'd call a "decent" meeting at Leicester? They had a blank canvas and could've produced a Belle Vue type track.

Edited by Shads
  • Like 1

This discussion about the track is not about people lying, it all about opinions. Bit like Marmite really, some people love it and others not so. I must say I can see both sides of the argument. Always well prepared, and its unique shape creates many varied results. Massive advantage to be gained when knowing how to ride it. A good smooth rider at the front is very seldom caught.. Over the years have been to Monmore Green many times, but never completely satisfied with what I had seen. To me I prefer racing to be fast and flowing, not fast with sharp corners. Like I say its all down to opinions....

• Like 1

Best meeting from Monmore by a country mile with 2 or 3 very good races.

I'm glad Wolves fans watch their speedway there.

Spot on that there were 2 or 3 very good races ( one of them a speedway classic - Thank You Sam and Chris ) BUT there were also 10 or 11 dire races not worthy of that title and very poor VFM. And that is the problem for almost every speedway match in this country ( yes there are exceptions ). If you were a new to speedway viewer on BT and you watched those first two league matches you are more likely to have been convinced of the old saying that "first away wins". Even "free" on TV it was not very enjoyable to a long term fan. It's only the faint hope that the next race will be truly worthwhile watching that kept me going to the end.

Not a bad meeting at all, The one point about heat 13 I'd like to make is that although it was applauded for being fair and it was good of Bomber to leave so much room but you wouldn't see the very top riders doing it they would have cut masters off in a more cutting way, but it was good to see fair racing and you get that with bomber and that's why he is involved in so many good races and entertains as other riders know they can have a race with him and you are not going to end up in the fence.

The track is one that requires riders to think more than just opening the throttle like Belle Vue for example. The first/second bend does make you want to close your eyes sometimes as riders have to lock up so hard, I think Nicholls was nearly going backwards at one point. They must know much better than us but it kills all momentum but I do quite enjoy seeing a mixture of racing but I don't think I could watch speedway all the while there but you get races like heat 13 where the different lines you can take made for passing and re-passing lap after lap. Wolves look very strong and so happy to see Rory going so well and long may it continue.

• Like 1

I have never been a fan of the place i preferred the track before the changes were made but you have to say it is always pretty well prepared.Tonight was a half decent meeting an interesting night Wolves for me along with Belle Vue are the favourites to win the league.If they can get a decent longterm replacement for Riss that could just swing it for them.

Edited by Sidney the robin