British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Beowulf

Wolves V Rye House 10th July

Its such a pity that a minority decided to make this thread about the horror track rather than the meeting itself.

The sooner the unusual suspects accept that everyone is entitled to their opinion the better this forum will be.

I posted that I was looking forward to the meeting and that I hoped it would be better than the last TV meeting and reiterated it several times to try and get the thread back on topic, but it was my opinion of the horror track which the unusual suspects made centre stage, why?

Unfortunately the rest of us, who did focus on the meeting itself before the unusual suspects made it about the horror track, just have to live with it.

While it in no way could be described as a class meeting it was much better than the last time the horror track was on TV (far fewer negative comments from neutral fans) so at least I'm happy, lol!

While you are still the only one that calls it a horror track, some others have been less than complimentary but no one else calls it a horror track.

• Like 1

Whilst i have a dislike of the tight turns of Monmore,having just watched the meeting i thought it wasn't to bad at all :approve:

• Like 3

Whilst i have a dislike of the tight turns of Monmore,having just watched the meeting i thought it wasn't to bad at all :approve:

I thought Bomber was the difference between poor and entertaining.

I'm just being 'less than complimentary' as well?

If someone wants to express their dislike while using different words that's fine with me, besides I'm sure I've read someone post that it is a horrible track, you might prefer the word horrible to horror?

Yes I think that would be a little less inflammatory.

While you are still the only one that calls it a horror track, some others have been less than complimentary but no one else calls it a horror track.

It made me laugh reading comment after comment about the 'horror' track and then saying he wanted to get it back on topic about the meeting.

Post 210 if anyone wants a laugh. 4 horror track mentions and 'the minority making it about the horror track' when no one else has ever said it but that poster.

:rofl: :rofl:

I would have thought personal insults were more inflammatory?

You never seem to complain about reading personal insults for some reason?

Oh you mean like the ones you do at Stevebrum!!

The only people who get personal insults are people who post rubbish.

Starman - for his lack of intelligence

Shovlar - for his constant trolling

Have a little look over the thread think you will find the insults are all directed at Shovlar.

But then again if you have the idea that Wolves is a 'horror track' then you got to expect some abuse to come your way.

Its such a pity that a minority decided to make this thread about the horror track rather than the meeting itself.

The sooner the unusual suspects accept that everyone is entitled to their opinion the better this forum will be.

I posted that I was looking forward to the meeting and that I hoped it would be better than the last TV meeting and reiterated it several times to try and get the thread back on topic, but it was my opinion of the horror track which the unusual suspects made centre stage, why?

Unfortunately the rest of us, who did focus on the meeting itself before the unusual suspects made it about the horror track, just have to live with it.

While it in no way could be described as a class meeting it was much better than the last time the horror track was on TV (far fewer negative comments from neutral fans) so at least I'm happy, lol!

Every single post you have made on this thread is either to have a go at Stevebrum or to mention the so called horror track.

You then have the temerity to say that people are making the thread about the horror track!!! Nope thats just you as evidenced on the whole bloody thread.

We get it , you dont like either Brum or the Wolves track.......but do us all a favor and bore off.

Oh and Wolves is not the horror track ...........thats Poole or in your little weird mind do you actually prefer Poole

Edited by Gavan
  • Like 2

Because you are being deliberately provocative in the use of that term. And continue to use it. Troll.

• Like 1

Because you are being deliberately provocative in the use of that term. And continue to use it. Troll.

spot on

It's not a horror track,but personally speaking i don't think Monmore has given us exciting speedway for a fair number of years now.When the track was altered,they should have utilised every spare inch inside the dog track,and not created that space behind the back straight where they park the tractor/grader.There is plenty of room at the side of the pits where they could have stored those.If it had been thought out properly,i believe the shape and the dimensions could have been roughly that of the old Dudley Wood, which comming from a Wolves fan is highly complementary.

• Like 2

It's not a horror track,but personally speaking i don't think Monmore has given us exciting speedway for a fair number of years now.When the track was altered,they should have utilised every spare inch inside the dog track,and not created that space behind the back straight where they park the tractor/grader.There is plenty of room at the side of the pits where they could have stored those.If it had been thought out properly,i believe the shape and the dimensions could have been roughly that of the old Dudley Wood, which comming from a Wolves fan is highly complementary.

Exactly.. There was an opportunity to build a very nicely shaped circuit given that the space was completely clear inside the new dog track.

A golden opportunity missed IMO.

No, I did happen to mention the horror track in my first post, every post after that was a polite reply to someone with an issue with my opinion.

Read the thread, it is exactly what I said, the minority unusual suspects putting my opinion centre stage completely ignoring the possibility of there being a better meeting than the last TV meeting at the horror track.

Carry on if you like though, lol!

That's two more mentions for the horror track as you call it.

• Like 1

Really looking forward to this, I hope it's better than the last last TV meeting from the horror track though.

While some actually enjoy horror, (which explains why he likes the horror track I suppose) I don't, but I always look for positives. That's why I'm hoping (against hope if I'm honest) for a great meeting and that we don't end up with a thread littered with negative comments about the horror track again, like the last time it was on TV.

It was last time

Just a few (there were lots more!) of the comments the last time the horror track was on tv. Just to point out that none of the comments are from Belle Vue fans.

Hoping we see a class (rather than crass) meeting tomorrow.

I quote several comments about the horror track, deliberately selecting neutral fans comments, and hope we have a 'class meeting' from the horror track and it's a one man argument? Maths isn't your strong point either ha ha!

It's only a tenner to get in on a perfect summers evening, it should be rammed because it only needs 2500 people to turn up and it is full, unless that impressive temporary grandstand has been installed on the 3rd & 4th turn again, lol!

As usual if brum doesn't agree with someone's opinion the personal insults come spewing out.

Its easy to dismiss one person's opinion but when several different people post the same opinion maybe they have a point?

Looking at the thread of last tv meeting from the horror track the negative comments compared to positive comments from neutral fans is in a ratio of around 10:1!

I think its a bit sad expecting the same thing to happen again, you should look on the bright side for a change.

You may be right for once but I really hope you are wrong again and it's a great meeting. There may be 'newbies' who saw the SWC and will either be watching UK speedway on TV for the first time or even going in person, hoping like me, to see more of the same.

Let's hope we're not disappointed again.

Just in the first 3 pages of the thread.

You use the term very single time yet say you think the thread went off topic!! I wonder why!!

Use words like small, tricky, not your favourite...........all normal opinions

Your crap about a horror track is boring, pedantic and so far from the truth.........you make yourself look ridiculous each time you post

• Like 1

Just in the first 3 pages of the thread.

You use the term very single time yet say you think the thread went off topic!! I wonder why!!

Use words like small, tricky, not your favourite...........all normal opinions

Your crap about a horror track is boring, pedantic and so far from the truth.........you make yourself look ridiculous each time you post

Every post talking about horror track. It's what those things do that begin with T and sounds like droll.

Odd mind and behaviour, putting it lightly.

Queue scores more posts mentioning the H word that only the minority apparently were mentioning.

More like one worn out old record.

And as per usual taking over a wolves thread with the usual guff.

Still keeping the thread off topic?

Maybe its time this was locked as the unusual suspects just can't accept someone has a different opinion to theirs.

No one is denying you your right to an opinion, we all get the point that you don't like Monmore, but it is your continual use of the phrase in question in every post which is keeping this going

• Like 1

No one is denying you your right to an opinion, we all get the point that you don't like Monmore, but it is your continual use of the phrase in question in every post which is keeping this going

That is his sole objective.

Simply don't respond to him.

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 4