British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
False dawn

British Youth Championship - Leicester 09/07/2017

According to www.speedwaygb.co :

Meeting abandoned due to lack of medical cover.
No result declared.
Does this mean some youngsters were hurt and the available cover had to go with them to hospital?
Or medical cover was not available and the meeting never started?
I sort of hope it was the latter, even this means someone fell down on the job big time.

My apologies to Leicester if it was the former. In which case who was hurt and how are they?

There was a crash in heat 26 that resulted in Daniel Gilkes requiring a trip to hospital. He initially stood up after the fall but was in some pain (lower back). The club was told that it could be up to two hour wait for the county ambulance so the track ambulance and paramedic had to head off to the Royal with Dan.

Will it be re-staged? Up here we are following Leon Flint's progress.

Two wins out of two, one from the back over 'homeboy' Dan Thompson. It would have been a showdown between him and the also unbeaten Nathan Ablitt in the final had Dan Gilkes' unfortunate accident not caused the meeting the end prematurely

There was a crash in heat 26 that resulted in Daniel Gilkes requiring a trip to hospital. He initially stood up after the fall but was in some pain (lower back). The club was told that it could be up to two hour wait for the county ambulance so the track ambulance and paramedic had to head off to the Royal with Dan.

Firstly I hope Daniel is OK

But I couldnt help being shocked that the BSPA couldnt call a result after 26 heats - 7 us sometimes enough..... 😜

Firstly I hope Daniel is OK

But I couldnt help being shocked that the BSPA couldnt call a result after 26 heats - 7 us sometimes enough.....

At the time of abandonment Liam Little (who had travelled a long way - Carlisle I believe) had only had one ride so it would have been completely impossible to have a meaningful called result.

Have to restage the whole event. Why do we only have one ambulance or paramedic at youth events?

• Like 1

At the time of abandonment Liam Little (who had travelled a long way - Carlisle I believe) had only had one ride so it would have been completely impossible to have a meaningful called result.

wow - puts the excuse of a rider blaming a poor ride on the track changing when they havent been out for 4/5 heats into perspective

How on earth does this system work that he had only had one ride in 26 heats? :o

How on earth does this system work that he had only had one ride in 26 heats? :o

Being involved in the heat scheduling, I'll try to explain.

There were 36 riders at the meeting, so some will not get their first ride until Heat 9 at the earliest.

Plus we have to juggle the heats so that all riders get one ride off each gate and also not to meet any other rider more than once.

It ain't easy, I can tell you! ;)

It's like trying to compile a Speedway Sudoku of 4 rows and 22 columns!

If you compare it to a 16 rider Individual Program for example, one rider in the first race doesn't get a second outing until Heat 8.

So when you have 22 x 125cc riders, it can spread out some rides even more, particularly as you also have to intersperse heats for the other two Classes (250cc & 500cc)

BTW: If anyone out there can come up with a formula for automatically compiling the Speedway Sudoku, their contribution would be most welcome! :t:

• Like 3

BTW: If anyone out there can come up with a formula for automatically compiling the Speedway Sudoku, their contribution would be most welcome!

Probably SCB is the only one other than you. :lol: Thanks for the explanation. :t:

Thanks for the info Gambo - thats some task!

Hats off to ya 👍

• Like 1