British Speedway Forum
mrss

Stars V Pirates. 13 July

No of course not but Chris might have understood that its impossible to build a decent team when 1 rider is using up 12.53 of the points limit avaliable.

Look at Swindon before Ellis went to reserve

We did ....

So I've waited until the dust has settled a little - although there doesn't seem to have been any dust at the AFA last night - and have read through several pages of comments, many of which seem sincere as well as the usual wind-ups.

Firstly I'll make it clear that I wasn't there last night, I was following on updates and the Poole twitter feed.

Secondly whilst I am no particular fan of Chris Holder's attitude (although I do love to watch him race when in-form), what I find difficult to understand is why his home track has been prepared as 'very grippy' when he has stated quite openly that he hated the track when visiting as an away rider and doesn't like too much grip. It was also reported on here that young Lambert was assisting Buster by going around with him an the tractor and 'telling him what he wanted the track to be like'!! Why, if this is different to what your 'top' rider wants?

At the end of it all, a sad night for Kings Lynn Speedway in particular, as many Pirate fans thought about Poole Speedway after Wednesday night.

Thanks for the 4 points and best wishes to Dale Allitt for a full and speedy recovery.

Finally, I couldn't resist a smile at Gavan's posts having a go at other posters for commenting whilst not being at the meeting!! A greater irony I have not witnessed for many months!!

You need to understand the meaning of irony.

Not once did i say anything was factual.

Shovlar said Batchelor never fell

Shovlar said Lambert hit someone and should get a 6 month ban

I wasnt at the meeting funnily enough i simply gave my opinion on here as to the poor attitude of the Lynn riders and responding to Shovvys rubbish!!

He lied and got found out ..............and was making things up pure and simple

Is this the Swindon team that is on a roll and could easily get into the play offs ahead of either Poole or Lynn?

The same Swindon team that beat Poole at Poole?? Maybe if you kept Holder you might have beaten them.

Holder has form for being a whinger regarding track work as does Batchelor

And no i cant see Holder riding for Poole next year. Hates the track and more importantly the way he was treated by Matt Ford

I dont reckon Holder will ride here next year

Course Chris will ride here next year, he will want to see his son unless there is another way to get a visa.

I find it staggering that some have implied throughout the thread that Holder's actions is almost a plan to return to Poole and abit of bribery involved.

When will people learn that he doesn't really give a damn about Poole or British Speedway for that matter? He's only out to look after himself and that's all. I've lost count of the amount of times when a track hasn't been like a snooker table and there's reports then that he's the loudest mouth about wanting to call the meeting off.

He looks like he doesn't give a s#it! There has been a change in his attitude over recent times.

Whether that has to do with his personal life I don't know. But I'd put money on the reason He's still riding in the UK is because of his young son.

I've always liked Holder, but He's behaving like an Aussie brat like so many of the others.

• Like 5

If when all last nights farce has been looked into (or not) if it turns out Chris Holder was involved in it then I expect KL fans will be glad to send him back to you as his average has certainly dropped while riding for them and it seems obvious he would rather be at Poole, it was Matt Ford that sacked him in the first place and thats why he ended up at KL certainly not through his own choice.

Matt Ford did NOT sack Chris. Where are you getting this from.

• Like 2

Why is it so many riders full out with Kings Lynn Speedway ? Last year Rory, now we seemingly have Holder, Batch and Lambert. One day people will work out what the common denominator is. Its not Rocket Science.

• Like 2

Good win for the lads last night, despite the difficult circumstances. By all accounts Kings Lynn had a complete meltdown and cost themselves the meeting and the respect of a lot of speedway fans. Get well soon Dale.

Typically Gavan is on here with his usually agenda. Berate Poole, berate Steve and try and suggest anyone who doesn't agree with his point of view is not a true fan of the sport. Being pleased your team won is now a crime because instead you should be mourning the slow death of British Speedway. These feelings are NOT mutually exclusive Gavan! British Speedway is utterly f****d. Anyone can see that. I'm sad about that. I'm also pleased that Poole won away after a poor performance at home on Wednesday night. Does that make me a bad guy now?

As for your comments about Steve being, "a disgrace to the sport pure and simple. He wont be happy until its just Poole speedway left and nobody to race against", please provide evidence of this. That is your inferred opinion from Steve celebrating Poole's four points on this thread. You are reading between the lines and adding your own take. Personally I haven't read that from Steve's comments. Whether you agree with his opinions or not, Steve contributes a lot more to the sport than you do by actually attending meetings, home and away with the Pirates. And this isn't me suggesting you're not a fan because you have other priorities in your life, but you are being the very definition of a keyboard warrior right now. If preventing the demise of the sport is so important to you, how about you actually go and pay to attend a meeting!? And take your kids! Introduce some new fans?

• Like 5

I have been a Stars fan since the first meeting back in the sixties and in all that time I have never witnessed such a shambles as last night.

Firstly the fans were not informed at all at what was going on (hence the track announcer has even resigned in frustration).

Secondly if Buster really wants to apologise to the fans then all those who attended last night should get in for free at the next meeting (Versus Rye House) or a maximum price of £5 charged. There has been much unrest on the terraces all season due to the lack of competitive racing and for many this is the final straw.

Finally when a rider(s) who are professional withhold their services it is a blatant disrespect to the sport and their 'wage payers' the general public they need to be shown the door. How come the so called 'lesser' riders rode their heart out!

Good win for the lads last night, despite the difficult circumstances. By all accounts Kings Lynn had a complete meltdown and cost themselves the meeting and the respect of a lot of speedway fans. Get well soon Dale.

Typically Gavan is on here with his usually agenda. Berate Poole, berate Steve and try and suggest anyone who doesn't agree with his point of view is not a true fan of the sport. Being pleased your team won is now a crime because instead you should be mourning the slow death of British Speedway. These feelings are NOT mutually exclusive Gavan! British Speedway is utterly f****d. Anyone can see that. I'm sad about that. I'm also pleased that Poole won away after a poor performance at home on Wednesday night. Does that make me a bad guy now?

As for your comments about Steve being, "a disgrace to the sport pure and simple. He wont be happy until its just Poole speedway left and nobody to race against", please provide evidence of this. That is your inferred opinion from Steve celebrating Poole's four points on this thread. You are reading between the lines and adding your own take. Personally I haven't read that from Steve's comments. Whether you agree with his opinions or not, Steve contributes a lot more to the sport than you do by actually attending meetings, home and away with the Pirates. And this isn't me suggesting you're not a fan because you have other priorities in your life, but you are being the very definition of a keyboard warrior right now. If preventing the demise of the sport is so important to you, how about you actually go and pay to attend a meeting!? And take your kids! Introduce some new fans?

Gavan can't help it mate, clearly he has a problem, certainly with Poole..

• Like 1

Holder will be at Poole don't you worry.

Did you.

KL don't seem to have any consistency about them this season IMO

Porsing and Bailey don't forget with L. Rose in the 1-5

Yeah that's it, the guys haven't all ridden to their best, and with injuries .....

I assume you mean BT.

No, it appears to be a very odd situation. The deal with Sky appears to still be there, and they're paying what is due according to the contract but feel they cannot justify the additional cost of actually covering the meetings.

Instead it seems a temporary deal has been made for a year for BT to cover the sport for free, with them taking on the costs of covering the events instead.

So, it seems to be a very odd 'half and half' situation.

Regarding last night, it's clear that we still have a dangerous situation where some riders are trying to control the sport. Despite the many failings of the BSPA this anarchy has to be ended and the riders concerned either shown who is in charge or are allowed to leave. I'm sure these antics would not be tolerated in Poland.

The trouble is you then get naive fans whingeing about "watering down".

We unfortunately, for now, have to lose those who are not committed to racing here or feel they can dictate what goes on. If it means a combined Championship/NL level league with weekly speedway, a full fixture list and stable teams of riders actually giving a damn about the sport and its customers then surely the most arrogant 'EL snob' will realise it has to be better than what happened last night.

It has to be a case of "Do it our way or go".

Edited by Rob McCaffery
  • Like 8

Also Chris has dropped to reserve in Sweden lately.

So it isn't the fact he is not interested in Britain.

It's the fact he isn't interested in riding for KL and he wants to come home and all of us Pirates fans want Chris to come home as well.

Always will be a legend of the sport to us Poole fans.

And he's ALWAYS had plenty of support at Lynn, we've always respected his performances as a Pirate

Chris come home ..... he will, don't worry your little head about that ... awwwww

Regarding last night, it's clear that we still have a dangerous situation where some riders are trying to control the sport. Despite the many failings of the BSPA this anarchy has to be ended and the riders concerned either shown who is in charge or are allowed to leave. I'm sure these antics would not be tolerated in Poland.

The trouble is you then get naive fans whingeing about "watering down".

We unfortunately, for now, have to lose those who are not committed to racing here or feel they can dictate what goes on. If it means a combined Championship/NL level league with weekly speedway, a full fixture list and stable teams of riders actually giving a damn about the sport and its customers then surely the most arrogant 'EL snob' will realise it has to be better than what happened last night.

It has to be a case of "Do it our way or go".

Wise words. The sport is bigger than any individual be it Woffy or random whinging Aussies. What riders have to remember is they want to sling their leg over a bike and have some fun they can. if they want to get paid for it they have to remember who actually pays to watch them do it, after all none of them are forced to chose it as a career.

• Like 8

Matt Ford did NOT sack Chris. Where are you getting this from.

But MF did not want to retain his services for this season. CH was looking for a job ( and a visa ) and he found a well paid one at KL.