British Speedway Forum
mrss

Stars V Pirates. 13 July

All I'm going to say on this subject, is the fact that you don't know Dale Allitt personally, but I do.

If you knew the countless hours of sweat he's put in at the gym over the past couple of years, along with his eating habits he has to adhere to most of the time, you would never have said what you did.

Reply if you wish, but this will be my only posting on the matter, other than to congratulate you on losing the weight that you did, and to Dale for the weight he's lost in the past 24-months.

No I don't know him and clearly in retrospect I should not have said anything on here. I was not trying to be antagonistic or offensive at all but people are afraid to speak up on such matters.

I am glad he is doing something about it like I did and wish him well.

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 2

I think we could congratulate S S on dealing with his post on Dale in a positive, sincere apology. I do congratulate him . Steve is outspoken and he is right that no subject should be taboo, but we should talk about it in a sensitive way, at an appropriate time.

• Like 3

. The guy who does the big screen info took over as team manager. Rob Lyon was nowhere to be seen although I had seen him earlier.

Hopefully Rob Lyon had exited early with total guilt as he's the co promoter and allegedly running the show he's the one that should carry the can but still he maybe another with a don't care attitude

People who are hugely obese are at risk of death at an early age. It brings on stress, heart conditions and a multitude of other health issues. Sorry but its a fact. He has probably been told by doctors and should do something about it for his own wellbeing.

I don't think he is quite as obese as your sarcastic gob is

Anyone know if Mr Allitt's collapse happened before, after or during the conflab that resulted in the riders' refusal to race??

Dale was taken ill while remedial work was being done on the track. What difference does it make? Hopefully Dale will be back to normal as soon as possible.

• Like 2

It was reported that his illness was 'stress-related' - I just wondered if it was down to the stress caused by some of his riders refusing to race, that's all!!?

Would imagine there is more stress in everyday life than managing a poxy speedway team...ludicrous to even think a couple of riders moaning would result in a trip to the hospital there could be an underlying issue that had built up, I've suffered from recent anxiety and stress but thankfully have had it dealt with for the better , it's surprising how it can affect your attitude to life and people ...would like to congratulate Steve on losing the weight I've done similar stood on the scales in early March weighed 16'3 nearly passed out but now down to 12'12 and another stone to go it's amazing how physically and mentally improved you can feel! Best wishes to Dale

• Like 2

It was reported that his illness was 'stress-related' - I just wondered if it was down to the stress caused by some of his riders refusing to race, that's all!!?

I know of Dale because of my connection with the club, It is true I have never thought his appointment of team manager was right and always thought it was a decision made through convenience rather than expertise... I do not know him personally, but when we have spoken he has always bothered with a replied. My biggest fear of Dale as TM was he lacked the authority of making decisions when it mattered.

Looking into the pits, last Thursday, Dale found himself between a Rock and hard place. he was in a no-win situation. He was smack in the middle of every argument. On one hand, he has Holder trying to get riders to agree with him about the track, and on the other, he has Buster having a go at him for the riders not riding. I really did feel for him. It came as no surprise when hearing the news that Dale had collapsed and taken to hospital. Though not official, I am of the impression his situation was totally caused by the dynamics of the situation.

If he had had the authority to tell Holder to man-up/shut-up, or to tell Buster to sort the track out, probably his collapse could have been averted..

Pleased to hear Dale is back at home recovering well...

• Like 2

Sorry just read the above glad he is home and recovering well

Edited by Pirate Oliver

I know of Dale because of my connection with the club, It is true I have never thought his appointment of team manager was right and always thought it was a decision made through convenience rather than expertise... I do not know him personally, but when we have spoken he has always bothered with a replied. My biggest fear of Dale as TM was he lacked the authority of making decisions when it mattered.

Looking into the pits, last Thursday, Dale found himself between a Rock and hard place. he was in a no-win situation. He was smack in the middle of every argument. On one hand, he has Holder trying to get riders to agree with him about the track, and on the other, he has Buster having a go at him for the riders not riding. I really did feel for him. It came as no surprise when hearing the news that Dale had collapsed and taken to hospital. Though not official, I am of the impression his situation was totally caused by the dynamics of the situation.

If he had had the authority to tell Holder to man-up/shut-up, or to tell Buster to sort the track out, probably his collapse could have been averted..

Pleased to hear Dale is back at home recovering well...

A big part in all of this is that in truth Dale Allit and Rob Lyon have no real authority to demand either of the above. The power at KLS still comes from the owner, why else did Rob Lyon duck the issue?

I'm devastated that Gavin Carney has quite as the announcer, such a sad situation.

Reading a quote from him,it seemed to me it wasn't just the situation about the whole night but also about some fans.Something about he gets why people screamed at him.But some fans need to realise there are ways to act towards human beings,and many got that massively wrong.

I know if that was me taking sh*t from the fans that would have given me the urge to quit.

Edited by tellboy

Reading a quote from him,it seemed to me it wasn't just the situation about the whole night but also about some fans.Something about he gets why people screamed at him.But some fans need to realise there are ways to act towards human beings,and many got that massively wrong.

I never know if you are trying to shift the blame away from the club intentionally or unintentionally.

In no way should supporters be blamed for his decision to quit. Fact is Gavin has integrity and respect, and unfortunately he feels it was compromised on more than one occasion by the club.... NOT the supporters.

The fact supporters released their desperate frustrations on him says more about the way they have been treated. In all my years at the club the one thing I never had to worry about was that, I would in fact say they were the most respectfully and happy set of fans I had the pleasure in ever meeting.

Edited by jchapman
  • Like 2

I never know if you are trying to shift the blame away from the club intentionally or unintentionally.

In no way should supporters be blamed for his decision to quit. Fact is Gavin has integrity and respect, and unfortunately he feels it was compromised on more than one occasion by the club.... NOT the supporters.

The fact supporters released their desperate frustrations on him says more about the way they have been treated. In all my years at the club the one thing I never had to worry about was that, I would in fact say they were the most respectfully and happy set of fans I had the pleasure in ever meeting.

Fans may have shouted at GC solely because of their frustration at not being able to talk sensibly with members of the management ( except in the end of match "conference" - which not all can attend or feel that their point is taken note of in ). Of course no one should abuse anyone, in any role at the club, but why not have a two way channel of communication which fans can feel that their point of view and ideas are at least being considered .

Some simple ideas that would cost very little but would bring about better fan enjoyment have long been ignored e.g. the sound in the main stand where the music is too loud and commentary / interviews far too faint.It may not be about new P.A. equipment but about tweaking and using effectively what is there. Hardly matters what GC or anyone says if you can't hear them.

Caring the best way possible for the paying customer ( within reason ) must be on the club agenda somewhere?

• Like 1

So you feel it was ok for supporters to vent their anger at him.If they had a problem the anger should be vented at the right people,the people in charge.Not at a micman who was doing all he could in his job role.

So you feel it was ok for supporters to vent their anger at him.If they had a problem the anger should be vented at the right people,the people in charge.Not at a micman who was doing all he could in his job role.

I don't think it was ok.But........Some fans vented at Gavin because the Lynn promotion didn't do what they should of done,and he was there I guess.Buster/Lyon should of come out on the mike at the start of all the carp starting,and explaind things..Not ok but can understand their frustration at being left in the dark.

Gavin didn't derserve it and I don't think he would of got it had the above happened.

Edited by Bald Bloke