British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mdmc82

Leicester V Coventry Bees Challenge Friday 28th July

Oh, he is 😃

Well he invented the hashtag #CaptainLeaderLegend just for him! 😂

Speedway Updates site are looking for a texter to text updates of this meeting tomorrow? If anyone can help, please send me a private message with your mobile number?

Thanks

Good luck to all tomorrow. I hope the weather is kind & all the bees fans make the short trip to Leicester to support the side!

• Like 3

Perfect weather for today's meeting. Thanks in advance to everyone who has helped make this meeting happen. Up The Bees.

• Like 1

Yes, we enjoyed that although somewhat surprised at the score as Coventry looked much stronger on paper. Lions were ahead 41-28 after 11 heats but then were unlucky with 2 engine failures which closed the gap up a bit. Thanks to everyone involved in organising this meeting and to all the riders. Shame there was a delay because of the rain as it meant having to leave half way through the British Youth Championship due to the 4 hour limit in the car park. Not sure if we made it out in the nick of time but I suppose we'll find out soon enough.

• Like 1

A big thank you to the organising committee and to Leicester Speedway for putting this meeting on. The spirit of Coventry Speedway was very much in evidence both on and off the track. There were a fair number of Bees fans there and a goodly number of Lions supporters. Thanks to all those that turned out. We never threatened to win this one but we did keep the home side honest providing 7 of the 15 race winners. The 10 last places finally did for us.

• Like 5

Good day with good support from the Bees and thanks to all who organised the meeting. Also the track is better than previously, I think i seen more passing yesterday than all my other visits put together.

Indeed, only a rubbish stirring old fool would suggest otherwise.

Well done Leicester, good to see the majority appreciate what has been done there.

Not stirring just an opinion.

Well, as someone who has been to every match this season and 2016, except two when we were on holiday (since they dropped the dog ban) I can guarantee the racing is a whole lot better than it used to be. My husband went from the beginning and 9 times out of 10 would come home moaning about the lack of passing, so much so that he gave up completely in 2015 and didn't go all season. Since the bends have both been widened the racing is no different to any other track ~ some brilliant, some good and some processional races. It was rather slick yesterday but probably prepared with rain in mind, which duly arrived during heat 13.

Life's been depressing enough as a Bees fans as it is this year without this thread degenerating into the usual squabble.

Can we keep this thread for anyone that has any further comments about yesterday's action if at all possible?

• Like 2

I have a suggestion, assuming you go to live speedway....

Next time you go, imagine that you'd managed to see your team maybe three times all season and that you might NEVER see them again, EVER, ANYWHERE.

Then come back and discuss the nuances of track shape or the number of overtakes.

I'm not trying to invoke your sympathy, but have a care. This is almost worse than if we'd shut down altogether. It's not, of course, because there is still a glimmer of hope. Call me deluded, call me naive. But this is supposed to be about keeping the spirit alive. And it was there yesterday. Fans that looked like they still go every week, with there kids (and dogs).

Don't rain on our parade guys and gals. :sad:

• Like 2

Indeed, only a rubbish stirring old fool would suggest otherwise.

Well done Leicester, good to see the majority appreciate what has been done there.

I'd rather you didn't quote my posts to carry on a petty argument with other posters. I get more maturity from my 4 year old.

• Like 3

Obviously you're entitled to your opinion. I usually consider if there is anything to back an opinion up, otherwise it just comes across as rubbish stirring. For example I can't find anything to suggest Leicester hasn't improved after the changes to the track.

If you are going to be a lone voice at least back up your opinion with some examples of how you formed your opinion otherwise, like I said, you just come across as rubbish stirring again.

Obviously I cannot vouch for this meeting as I didn't go but the Poole meeting I went to, the racing was poor and very little passing so that is why I say it hasn't improved much but I am sure Bees fans are more than happy to see their team race at all. I hope they can sort something out for next season as they are badly missed by fans up and down the country.

• Like 1