British Speedway Forum
martin_t

Heathens Planning Application

It would appear the HeathensSpeedwaySupporters Trust are to make an application to build a track in Oldbury.

Wonder what the current 'owners' will make of that as the trust are banned from Monmore 😂

Bit near to housing if you ask me but be nice if it goes through....I can get there in five minutes.

• Like 1

It would appear the HeathensSpeedwaySupporters Trust are to make an application to build a track in Oldbury.

Wonder what the current 'owners' will make of that as the trust are banned from Monmore

Bit near to housing if you ask me but be nice if it goes through....I can get there in five minutes.

Banned? no please what?

The HSST are banned from Monmore.....not the promotors.

Looked it up now, thanks, still a bit of a shock, rival groups eh? I had no idea. We get up to Monmore for both types of speedway when possible so I have an interest.

No there is no rival group, the Planning Application has been submitted.

Very good news indeed and congratulations to everyone involved in getting it to this stage.

Hopefully Sandwell will prove more welcoming than Dudley have ever been. They have made enough very encouraging noises in the past. Now is the time to deliver.

Time for everyone in Sandwell to lobby their local Councillor.

• Like 1

Interested in this because of my club Coventry current issues and of course as a speedway fan. Just wondering about funding, where's it going to come from? Good luck.

Edited by woz01

Opposition will come from within the sport rather than outside it . The one thing you have is fan backing you need to use it , good luck

• Like 5

Opposition will come from within the sport rather than outside it . The one thing you have is fan backing you need to use it , good luck

Why would there be opposition from within the sport? Surely this would be seen as a good thing and get the Club out of a track sharing situation?

Good luck with it all

• Like 1

Wonder what the current 'owners' will make of that as the trust are banned from Monmore

Think you'll find the issue is with the Chairman of the Trust who has slaughtered the owners on social media, hence no table at the track. That's what I've been told by a good source anyway.

I have been involved with this project since its inception, submitting the plans is the easiest bit, getting them approved is the hard bit, however as Speedway is only a small part of the whole project, we feel this is the way forward, and as many locals that know this particular area it is one that badly needs something like this; The Sports & Recreation Project will include Outdoor Volleyball Courts, Netball & Basketball Courts, Crown Green Bowls, Rugby Pitch, Cricket Pitch, Outdoor Exercise Equipment, a BMX & Skateboard Arena, plus a Cycle Speedway & Speedway Track.

https://www.doogal.co.uk/ShowMap.php?postcode=B69%201JD

The site already has numerous football pitches, and a barely used Clubhouse facility with 30 Changing rooms, Medical room, 2 Function Rooms holding 150 and 250 respectively, plus a small Lounge holding perhaps 20 people ideal for Sponsors.. and a lift for those that need it, logistically its almost perfect with local Bus routes having stops on all four sides of the site, its within a minute or 2 of Junction 2 of the M5..

Edited by greyhoundp
  • Like 6