British Speedway Forum
martin_t

Heathens Planning Application

Why didn't they ask Tony Mole for advice or help? .

Maybe they respect his desire to finally retire?

He could still have given good advice. But this is Cradley we are talking about ... :wink:

I see there is a continuing interest by a Birmingham based company to develop the land at Lion Park into an outlet centre. The developer has asked for extra time on his option which has been in place since 2012. If Sandwell Council are happy then a planning application could be made by autumn next year..

As reported in both express &star + Birmingham Mail.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/whats-on/shopping/new-designer-village-sandwell-shops-13884864

Edited by Dave Jones

I see there is a continuing interest by a Birmingham based company to develop the land at Lion Park into an outlet centre. The developer has asked for extra time on his option which has been in place since 2012. If Sandwell Council are happy then a planning application could be made by autumn next year..

As reported in both express &star + Birmingham Mail.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/whats-on/shopping/new-designer-village-sandwell-shops-13884864

be interesting to see if the hate mob that turned up at the Heathens meeting with residents are so irate at this new plan ?

Pearson's programme notes at the Hammer were interesting:

I sincerely hope the Heathens are back on track in 2018. If we aren’t it will be for one simple reason – we don’t have a track of our own.

To that end, let me once again send my good wishes to the Heathens Speedway Supporters Trust in their never ending work search for a new site and a track to take the Heathens home.

I say this despite the fact that their chairman has been, frankly, a disgrace, in some of the things he has written about the Heathens management. I have been left stunned how grown men behave on a keyboard at times and the Trust chairman is in that category. Criticise, yes, but don’t use libel and slander – and grow up.

• Like 2

Very interesting to read that an option has been in place since 2012, Lion Farm is registered with Fields in Trust for perpetuity as a Playing Field, and has a Covenant on it with the Charity Commission that they remain for Sports & Recreation use, so with at least 15 football pitches being lost, plus the recreational amenity, its not going to be straight forward to develop this site as another retail outlet, its already been said by one Councillor the site can't be built on, but brown envelopes have a way of changing minds.

Very interesting to read that an option has been in place since 2012, Lion Farm is registered with Fields in Trust for perpetuity as a Playing Field, and has a Covenant on it with the Charity Commission that they remain for Sports & Recreation use, so with at least 15 football pitches being lost, plus the recreational amenity, its not going to be straight forward to develop this site as another retail outlet, its already been said by one Councillor the site can't be built on, but brown envelopes have a way of changing minds.

good old politicians , corrupt to the core , I still say they planted the hate mob that turned up at the Heathens meet residents night cause they were racist thugs ready for a fight and not local residents who didnt want a track Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE

I wonder how much money was spent (blown) by the Trust 'experts' on Lion Farm. Money donated by Cradley fans.

Also I hear there's another resignation in the Trust. I've lost count of the amount of people who have been and gone.

Very sad.

I wonder how much money was spent (blown) by the Trust 'experts' on Lion Farm. Money donated by Cradley fans.

Also I hear there's another resignation in the Trust. I've lost count of the amount of people who have been and gone.

Very sad.

the trusts credibility is well and truly shot mainly down to one person but if you give someone enough rope etc

Very sad.

Theres no money been blown mate, if you knew the amount of hours put into this it would amount to about 1p per hour were we to be paid, its easy to sit behind a keyboard, and make comments, try coming on board to help.Wherever a site is found money will need to be spent with NO Guarantee of a positive outcome at the end of it, like this project mentioned for an Outlet Village, there is no guarantee it will get planning permission, Fields in Trust, The Charity Commission, Sport England will be just a few objecting to this, so this proposed Outlet Village is not guaranteed, but money talks.

• Like 1

Theres no money been blown mate, if you knew the amount of hours put into this it would amount to about 1p per hour were we to be paid, its easy to sit behind a keyboard, and make comments, try coming on board to help.Wherever a site is found money will need to be spent with NO Guarantee of a positive outcome at the end of it, like this project mentioned for an Outlet Village, there is no guarantee it will get planning permission, Fields in Trust, The Charity Commission, Sport England will be just a few objecting to this, so this proposed Outlet Village is not guaranteed, but money talks.

Which is where the club management have been prudent. Not risked money unless there was a good chance of success taking advice from experts. But the Trust, with their many different egotistical officials going through the revolving door when they've had enough and walked away, know better. Just look at yourselves and how foolish you all look, particularly the chairman after his obsessive rants about Patchett, Pearson and Van Straaten.

Very sad to see dissension in the camp.

If this venture is to succeed you all need to be united together. All pulling in the right direction.

Good luck anyway.

• Like 1

Which is where the club management have been prudent. Not risked money unless there was a good chance of success taking advice from experts. But the Trust, with their many different egotistical officials going through the revolving door when they've had enough and walked away, know better. Just look at yourselves and how foolish you all look, particularly the chairman after his obsessive rants about Patchett, Pearson and Van Straaten.

Taking advice from experts, can you recommend any expert that it doesn't cost money to get advice from ?. I'm not going to comment on personalities at this moment in time, but I will defend what we have done on the Lion Farm project.

Has there been any happenings in recent times into finding a land site for a new Cradley Heath track? I have long-time memories of the club - riders like Les and Ray Beaumont, Phil Malpass, the Tolley brothers and very briefly I think Graham Warren. Wonderful times.

2 hours ago, gustix said:

Has there been any happenings in recent times into finding a land site for a new Cradley Heath track? I have long-time memories of the club - riders like Les and Ray Beaumont, Phil Malpass, the Tolley brothers and very briefly I think Graham Warren. Wonderful times.

Even if Cradley hadn't been sold off all those years ago, would they be able to survive in today's speedway climate?