British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
A ORLOV

Swindon - Belle Vue 13 Jul 2017

Excellent win for the Robins. Very unexpected with such a weakened line up.

Good win for the Robins, David is getting better and better and may that continue. Adam scored well at reserve. Nick seemed to be down on speed but his partners made up for it. Tobi looked good for his first time riding for us and Zach put in an acceptable 5+1. Not sure what the issue was with BWD but hopefully he can sort any issue out.

BV scores were spread throughout the team but to be honest I expected more from them.

Now lets see what we can do at BV tomorrow.

Despite winning with r/r we need good guests tomorrow and next week.

Someone has posted a photo on the belle vue fans facebook page of a virtually empty derelict 'stadium' with the title 'time to spot the fans'.

This was a crucial top 4 qualifier against the top team in the league and Swindon had a new signing.

Surely it was a huge crowd or am I right that the qualifier and cup format doesn't attract fans to these qualifier meetings after all?

Sounds like "Sour Grapes" to me, I was there and the crowd was good, considering we expected to lose without our No 1. Was a nice evening and people were spread out all around. Did not see any B V fans, but I came away very proud of the Robins .All in all a very satisfying match. I hope the boys do the same tonight. :lol:

• Like 4

I thought the crowd was okay, probably down due to Doyley missing & fans expecting us to get hammered. I would estimate around the 1400/1500 mark. With the Abbey being as big the crowd does spread out & it can seem empty. The main straight was fairly busy. There were about 10 BV fans down the back straight as watched the 2nd part of the meeting from there.

Sounds like "Sour Grapes" to me, I was there and the crowd was good, considering we expected to lose without our No 1. Was a nice evening and people were spread out all around. Did not see any B V fans, but I came away very proud of the Robins .All in all a very satisfying match. I hope the boys do the same tonight. :lol:

• Like 1

Preemptive "Sour Grapes" then as the photo was taken 5mins before start time.

There's not many Aces fans upset about last night what with getting another point. Looking forward to tonight where I'm hoping our poor gating won't be our downfall again.

Car park almost full, about 1400 there, pretty good without Doyley, people thought Swindon were going to get tanked, same as against Wolves.

Great character and fight, long way to go yet to decide play offs.

Vue were better in first meeting.

• Like 3

Great result for the Robins, in the circumstances. Looking forward even more to next Wednesday.

4 SGBP teams in action so different options available in GP week for any guests that might be needed. :-)

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

A great win without Doyley, Ellis was very good Musielak looked classy the play/offs are not a impossibility Belle Vue well they really disappointed me.I thought Beefy was spot on as usual with his crowd prediction 1,4/500? pretty good really and the racing was ok.On the way home got the KILB book Legend read the first 20 pages terrific any Budgie fan must have it a great read.

Don't know why Swindon fans are surprised tbh.

Morris, Bellego and Ellis were always going to score double figures.

J. Smith as I said earlier in the day was always going to score a big fat 0.

Bewley was never going to do anything at reserve last night.

Fricke doesn't go that we'll around there also it is probably one of Cook's worst away tracks.

Not looking for a reaction just being honest Ellis and Wajtknecht was always going to pile the pressure onto the BV 1-5

We originally thought we had a chance, but your arguments that Swindon are rubbish were so convincing that we believed you.

• Like 1

Fricke doesn't go that we'll around there also it is probably one of Cook's worst away tracks.

Not looking for a reaction just being honest Ellis and Wajtknecht was always going to pile the pressure onto the BV 1-5

Yes Jack Smith is struggling at the moment , as was expected from a 17 year old thrown into top tier racing

no idea why you have to emphasize his score ( twice ) as "big fat zero " though ? ?

Edited by WestGorton1884

No I don't mean it like that.

J. Smith is a good rider and he is scoring well at home but he was up against an experienced Ellis and Wajtknecht who is in the form of his life.

Sorry , i apologize ,

Yeah he is a good prospect , but he is struggling at the moment at home as well

No need to apologize.

J. Smith is starting to score well for Glasgow at home now. Its difficult for Jack at the moment because he is visiting most tracks for the first time and that's always a disadvantage.

Hope he can get some points tonight at NSS , but as you say the Robins reserve duo look particularly strong

Going to be tough

well, last night's result was something else, the Robins were well and truly up for it, and the performance minus our leader was fantastic.

Hats off to the find of the season, David Bellego.. he was awesome, and Adam stood up as we all know he can.

TM had an excellent debut, albeit a couple of seasons too late (bloody Wolves :P )

we left last night feeling like a buzz was back in town...

onwards and upwards, it's still going to be hard finding suitable guests (who don't wanna stitch us up) :D

lets climb the table.

• Like 4

Even the Blunsdon Roar was audible.

Good to see my neighbour, the boxer Kelly Morgan, being interviewed on centre-green. She loved the racing.

Why was Bewley not going to do anything last night? he did not score loads but he still impressed me again he has a real riders brain way above his years. Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 3