British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mark

Woffy Vs Rosco

Why?

Because other riders have seen what he is doing, learned from it and are doing it themselves.

no it's because he is not 100% commited ,you can tell by his first corners , I think life (his baby etc( is diverting his focus , there are people in the sport who are good at getting into riders heads and you may not see them but they are there , there is a huge difference between being

Mentally fit and totally commited. It's not difficult to race a speedway bike once you know how to but to race into a first corner with 3 other lunatics inches from you and keep the throttle open is something you can not learn in a gym ,especially when it has bitten you before and you have ploughed through the fence and every rider has done that, if a rider believes being a super fit althlete gives him an advantage then great , what works for one doesn't work for all I remember reading chris holder saying In the year he was world champ he had never been to a gym in his life it's just not for him

Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE
  • Like 2

Woffinden has burnt his bridges imo, I don't think he has respect from the riders and certainly not the fans. He may be a winner but there is more to it than that.

Trees, in your opinion maybe. Others see it differently.

If it comes down to a choice of our star rider vs the team manager, then the manager has to go.

All the best

Rob

• Like 1

Sorting out Woffy v Rosco is trivial as opposed to sorting out British Speedway in General.Concentrate on that and we won't need any of them.

• Like 1

If it comes down to a choice of our star rider vs the team manager, then the manager has to go.

All the best

Rob

This is true, is the same in most sports.

Sorting out Woffy v Rosco is trivial as opposed to sorting out British Speedway in General.Concentrate on that and we won't need any of them.

Yup this is the biggest issue

Rosco is right to select those who wish to represent Team GB, and no one else If Woffinden does not wish to be part of the SWC, for whatever reason, so be it. I'm amazed that he then expects to get the nod for the World Games. The choice Alun has made is the only one that any reasonable person would make. You cannot have any rider calling the shots. Any other decision would be a betrayal of those who wished to represent Team GB.

• Like 2

All the best

Rob

I like him.

In a straight choice between Woffy or Rosco then I'm afraid it's Woffy. And I say that as someone who if I ever found myself with enough money (and having lost my marbles long enough) to buy a speedway club Rosco would be one of the first I'd ring to be my team manager/promoter.

But in the SWC Final we score 15. Woffy would score that on his own, on the right day he could score 18-21. Rosco isn't going to score that is he? Even if he's super motivational. Woffy will also know how to get the best out of at least some of the other riders, he's done it for himself. He took himself from 7 point EL man to World Champion in a winter, why can't he do similar to King, Cook, Worrall etc? OK not World Champions but certainly get a lot more out of them.

Theres a lot I don't like about Woffy but you CANNOT ignore what he says about how to win.

I've written elsewhere about Arnold Haley.

Stay with me. It's relevant.

I met him a few years ago and he told me about his days as an England International. He went to Oz with the Lions and was living it up. After a couple of meetings he got fed up and decided to come home. When the Aussie promoters heard, they opened their cheque books and persuaded him to stay. He had hire cars, the best of accommodation, top dollar. He didn't hold them to ransom. He got paid what it was worth the promoters were willing to pay.

Do we want to be the best? Well employ the best.

I've written elsewhere about Arnold Haley.

Stay with me. It's relevant.

I met him a few years ago and he told me about his days as an England International. He went to Oz with the Lions and was living it up. After a couple of meetings he got fed up and decided to come home. When the Aussie promoters heard, they opened their cheque books and persuaded him to stay. He had hire cars, the best of accommodation, top dollar. He didn't hold them to ransom. He got paid what it was worth the promoters were willing to pay.

Do we want to be the best? Well employ the best.

That isn't sport though, it's just entertainment and some showmen trying to protect their investment. In that respect it isn't 'relevant' (to me anyway).

That isn't sport though, it's just entertainment and some showmen trying to protect their investment. In that respect it isn't 'relevant' (to me anyway).

So building a new stadium (Coventry or Bristol) isn't an investment?

I look forward to watching your "sport" on a field somewhere.

This is true, is the same in most sports.

Don't think it is I would say 8 out of 10 times the manager will get the backing and quite rightly so .player power can work but it has more than one person .

VERY enlightening interview with Tai in the Sunday Times today. Throws light on his attitude towards riding for Team GB.

• Like 1

So building a new stadium (Coventry or Bristol) isn't an investment?

I look forward to watching your "sport" on a field somewhere.

Building an arena isn't necessarily an investment, it is more than likely a speculation (Belle Vue comes to mind) and isn't comparable to bribing someone to make a few personal appearances.

Very interesting interview, what's to lose really. It couldn't get any worse

Building an arena isn't necessarily an investment, it is more than likely a speculation (Belle Vue comes to mind) and isn't comparable to bribing someone to make a few personal appearances.

Would you speculate a couple of million on a new stadium in the Coventry area please? :P

Edited by False dawn