British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mark

Woffy Vs Rosco

What is more important for the success of England in the SWC 2018 ?

Having a 2 time world champ who always scores heavily. Or Rosco who is passionate but does little bar fill in his program.

No contest. Bring back Woffy. .

Remember 2016 and how many points Woffy got.

Edited by marky
  • Like 4

What is more important for the success of England in the SWC 2018 ?

Having a 2 time world champ who always scores heavily. Or Rosco who fills in his program.

No contest. Bring back Woffy. .

The sport's bigger than one man. I enjoyed the SWC but it's not worth handing control over to a rider just to chase the distant hope of glory.

• Like 6

I don't belive it's as straight forward as a Woffy v Rosco thing. Even if Tai isn't particularly happy with Rosco's management style (ie he picks the team and runs it rather than Woffy doing it or is too much "one of the lads") this goes much deeper than that.

Why would Woffy not ride in the British final because Rosco is Team GB manager?

We've had riders and managers quitting for many years now. There are clearly problems that cause the top riders/managers so much frustration that they feel they can't ride. These have gone on before Rosco was manager and will go on after unless there are big changes.

We need Woffinden in the side, but he can't just choose not to ride because he doesn't approve of the manager and I don't believe that is his reason - even if he isn't happy with Rosco.

Tai was more than happy to ride for GB in the World Games so why didn't he ride in the SWC? You cannot pick and choose when to ride for your country. It's all or none hence he wasn't picked for the World Games.

Edited by woz01
  • Like 6

The sport's bigger than one man. I enjoyed the SWC but it's not worth handing control over to a rider just to chase the distant hope of glory.

I didn't say it was about handing over control. I did ask which one would you rather have to get the best results for England. Do we want a rider who will get double figures in every match or Rosco.

I am sure there is plenty we dont know as reasons why Tai isn't available. But maybe we should do our best to get him in the team. Good managers or CEO's manage top players in other sports, this isn't the case with Woffy.

• Like 1

One thing the World Cup did show is all this healthy crap does nothing , get the right engines and a shrink and you may get an improvement , speedway is all about what's in the head of the engine and the head of the rider , not what's in the crank cases or the belllly

Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE
  • Like 1

I don't belive it's as straight forward as a Woffy v Rosco thing. Even if Tai isn't particularly happy with Rosco's management style (ie he picks the team and runs it rather than Woffy doing it or is too much "one of the lads") this goes much deeper than that.

Why would Woffy not ride in the British final because Rosco is Team GB manager?

We've had riders and managers quitting for many years now. There are clearly problems that cause the top riders/managers so much frustration that they feel they can't ride. These have gone on before Rosco was manager and will go on after unless there are big changes.

We need Woffinden in the side, but he can't just choose not to ride because he doesn't approve of the manager and I don't believe that is his reason - even if he isn't happy with Rosco.

Yup I think youve nailed it. ALL of our best riders have quit at some point over the last 10 years. There's more to it then just Rosco Im sure. It's just that he is the current front man & he dealt with the Tai Situation very badly.

Yup I think youve nailed it. ALL of our best riders have quit at some point over the last 10 years. There's more to it then just Rosco Im sure. It's just that he is the current front man & he dealt with the Tai Situation very badly.

No he didn't, Tai dealt with the Tai situation very badly. There was nothing to prevent him offering to ride in the SWC and he would have had a much bigger influence on things if he had, staying away solves nothing, neither does making derogatory remarks on Twitter or in interviews. I'm proud that he got two World titles but I (and I suspect many more) would be much prouder if he got back in the game and got on with things, without trying to be disruptive or belittling. It shouldn't have to be a case of "him or me" and I'm sure he could come back if he really wanted. Anyway I won't be back to answer any scything attacks on my post, I'm taking my ball home! :nono:

Edited by foamfence

It was Woffinden himself who decided he didn't want to race for Team GB, it will have to take Woffinden to make himself available, and there doesn't seem any sign of that.

Id put a decent amount he rides for us in 2018

• Like 1

To come last