British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mark

Woffy Vs Rosco

One thing the World Cup did show is all this healthy crap does nothing , get the right engines and a shrink and you may get an improvement , speedway is all about what's in the head of the engine and the head of the rider , not what's in the crank cases or the belllly

Really?

So none of the Poles train is what you are trying to claim?

Being physically fit, having the right diet can help with the mental side tremendously.

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 1

Really?

Doesn't read like that to me.

You look at any sport or job winners have a far more focussed mindset.

In Rosco We Trust

If our 2018 qualifier is abroad we'll not get to the final. Thats unless we get Woffy back in the team. We've been fortunate to have KL twice.

Doesn't read like that to me.

You look at any sport or job winners have a far more focussed mindset.

You must be reading something else then.

He stated that the World Cup has shown that all this healthy crap does nothing.

It's an absolutely ridiculous claim.

You trying to bring other sports into the argument to back it up is even more ridiculous!

• Like 2

trouble is, whoever wrote it forgot they got silver last year

And the second we got at Poole in about 2004.

And the second we got at Poole in about 2004.

In 0-4 not about 0-4.

One thing the World Cup did show is all this healthy crap does nothing , get the right engines and a shrink and you may get an improvement , speedway is all about what's in the head of the engine and the head of the rider , not what's in the crank cases or the belllly

Pretty sure the top riders disagree with you.. maybe thats why they are the best

• Like 5

Pretty sure the top riders disagree with you.. maybe thats why they are the best

I agree, fitness, eating properly/regularly and etc is one part of the greater wholeness together with riding skill, bike setup skill,

mental strength, good bikes and a good personal team.

• Like 4

Really?

Being physically fit, having the right diet can help with the mental side tremendously.

you would be surprised what some of the poles are like away from the track , yes they do train and they are all fit but they understand the mental side is more important , speedway is a head game not a fitness one, I have mentioned this before , you have the right bikes and the right head and desire you will win , you have the right bikes, the fitness the team, everything but you haven't got the head you will win nothing , this has been proven time and time again , kasprazak is the obvious example , he has everything bikes, team , fitness , money , sponsors and is a world class rider but he has days when his head isn't there and he struggles to beat his own shadow and it doesn't matter how many times he goes to the gym or whatever food he eats , it's the mind that wins races, riders might talk the fitness healthy lifestyle but they eat crap like the rest of us and they spend more time on a plane than they do in a gym and most of the training they do is riding motox Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE
  • Like 2

you would be surprised what some of the poles are like away from the track , yes they do train and they are all fit but they understand the mental side is more important , speedway is a head game not a fitness one, I have mentioned this before , you have the right bikes and the right head and desire you will win , you have the right bikes, the fitness the team, everything but you haven't got the head you will win nothing , this has been proven time and time again , kasprazak is the obvious example , he has everything bikes, team , fitness , money , sponsors and is a world class rider but he has days when his head isn't there and he struggles to beat his own shadow and it doesn't matter how many times he goes to the gym or whatever food he eats , it's the mind that wins races, riders might talk the fitness healthy lifestyle but they eat crap like the rest of us and they spend more time on a plane than they do in a gym and most of the training they do is riding motox

That's not what you said though, you claimed the World Cup shows that fitness means nothing.

Of course it's not the be all and end all, however it is part of the package and as I mentioned before it can help improve your mental focus which is the crux of what you are saying above and I agree with.

• Like 1

That's not what you said though, you claimed the World Cup shows that fitness means nothing.

Of course it's not the be all and end all, however it is part of the package and as I mentioned before it can help improve your mental focus which is the crux of what you are saying above and I agree with.

my point was riders just need to be race fit not althletic fit , it doesn't take a great deal of fitness to race speedway , there are riders about who live in the gym and are extremely fit but are nowhere near the top of the sport because they don't have the mental focus needed ,we could be spending our money more wisely, the only difference noticed in team GB at the World Cup is a random bloke kept appearing in the team photos , I also think woofy is a good case in point at the moment , super fit , best equipment ,best team but struggling to make the semi finals in the GP s , why? Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE

trouble is, whoever wrote it forgot they got silver last year

I'm guessing they meant that 1995 was the last time we won a medal outside of merry old England.

my point was riders just need to be race fit not althletic fit , it doesn't take a great deal of fitness to race speedway , there are riders about who live in the gym and are extremely fit but are nowhere near the top of the sport because they don't have the mental focus needed ,we could be spending our money more wisely, the only difference noticed in team GB at the World Cup is a random bloke kept appearing in the team photos , I also think woofy is a good case in point at the moment , super fit , best equipment ,best team but struggling to make the semi finals in the GP s , why?

Why?

Because other riders have seen what he is doing, learned from it and are doing it themselves.

Woffinden has burnt his bridges imo, I don't think he has respect from the riders and certainly not the fans. He may be a winner but there is more to it than that.

• Like 3