British Speedway Forum

Sunderland Speedway Memories

FORWARDED MESSAGE: ORIGINALLY POSTED BY The White Knight

Posted 09 January 2012 - 03:45 PM

We are proud to announce the launch of our NEW Website:

http://www.sunderlandspeedway.co.uk

We would like to thank MadWeb Design for all of their efforts on our behalf - they have done a FIRST CLASS job in our opinion.

There have been a number of Updates and improvements from the old Website.

For anyone wishing to view the new Site - we at Sunderland hope that you will ENJOY it.

We may not have had Speedway in Sunderland for very long - but - there is a hard core of dedicated Speedway Supporters still living in the City, and still supporting Speedway thirty eight years after our Track closed.

We still live in hope...........................................................
Edited by Guest

FORWARDED MESSAGE: ORIGINALLY POSTED BY The White Knight

Posted 09 January 2012 - 03:45 PM

We are proud to announce the launch of our NEW Website:

We would like to thank MadWeb Design for all of their efforts on our behalf - they have done a FIRST CLASS job in our opinion.

There have been a number of Updates and improvements from the old Website.

For anyone wishing to view the new Site - we at Sunderland hope that you will ENJOY it.

We may not have had Speedway in Sunderland for very long - but - there is a hard core of dedicated Speedway Supporters still living in the City, and still supporting Speedway thirty eight years after our Track closed.

We still live in hope...........................................................

On the matter of the Sunderland Speedway Website.

I would like to point out the neither scarletrider, or myself have any involvement in this Site. All of the input on the Website is ours, and the Site was designed by Madweb Design who were brilliant.

We closed the Site down, through Madweb Design, a few years ago now. About a year went by and it suddenly reappeared. We have absolutely no idea how this happened and neither does Madweb.

We do not know who resurrected the Site or who is keeping it on the Internet. It certainly is not us.

Very, very curious indeed.

I will though continue to use it for reference.

Please Note: I have Posted this on both Threads to prevent confusion.

An interesting response on your part The White Knight. I have noticed that in places the website makes references to contacting The Webmaster but the website carries no Link to do so!

​What an intriguing situation - the website carries much interesting information and from that point of view is of immense values to researchers.

I wonder who reinstated the website after you and your colleague had previously closed it down. As you say TWK it is still of value in regard to its service as a source of reference.

The Sunderland website can be found at:

Edited by Guest

I am guessing the bit about contacting the webmaster is just what was there previously,so even if there was a link,it would be to the wrong person.Not the mysterious person who has resurrected the site?

I am guessing the bit about contacting the webmaster is just what was there previously,so even if there was a link,it would be to the wrong person.Not the mysterious person who has resurrected the site?

Yes - it was.

It has all got me really baffled.

However, on the plus side, as it is available, I see no problem using it as a reference source. The Stats and Facts regarding the various Sunderland Teams are correct as far as I can ascertain.

There just seems to be some sort of odd writing has invaded parts of the text. I haven't a clue what that is about either.

I wonder who reinstated the website after you and your colleague had previously closed it down. As you say TWK it is still of value in regard to its service as a source of reference.

The Sunderland website can be found at:

Yes - it was.

It has all got me really baffled.

However, on the plus side, as it is available, I see no problem using it as a reference source. The Stats and Facts regarding the various Sunderland Teams are correct as far as I can ascertain.

There just seems to be some sort of odd writing has invaded parts of the text. I haven't a clue what that is about either.

It would appear to me that there has been '...a takeover...' of the website. This message appears on the Home Page - presumably from the "...new owners - or whatever they may be...: It reads: "This website is now under new management, but we would like to credit Ian Martin and Bob Ferry for their work creating the original content, which we have carefully restored."

Edited by Guest

It would appear to me that there has been '...a takeover...' of the website. This message appears on the Home Page - presumably from the "...new owners - or whatever they may be...: It reads: "This website is now under new management, but we would like to credit Ian Martin and Bob Ferry for their work creating the original content, which we have carefully restored."

I have just had a look around the Site as it is ome time since I have checked it out. Most of the, what I thought was foreign writing, seems to have disappeared.

It seems as if someone is definitely working on the Site.

I have no idea who they are or where they are doing this Home or Abroad.

I have just had a look around the Site as it is ome time since I have checked it out. Most of the, what I thought was foreign writing, seems to have disappeared.

It seems as if someone is definitely working on the Site.

I have no idea who they are or where they are doing this Home or Abroad.

I have also made a study of the contents of the website but cannot see anywhere to contact the webmaster as suggested or a forum section for users to make comments.

Have I possibly missed these facilities? Do they exist anywhere on the website?

Edited by Guest

I have also made a study of the contents of the website but cannot see anywhere to contact the webmaster as suggested or a forum section for users to make comments.

Have I possibly missed these facilities? Do they exist anywhere on the website?

We never had a Forum, simply because we didn't want to get in to that side of things with moderation etc. involved.

I couldn't find the Webmaster either.

So the answer to your question is a resounding no. All very mysterious.

The foreign writing is still dotted around the sight Ian, and photographs part covering some text. Shame our hard work is made to look "Mickey Mouse". I suspect the person who has done this is known to us, and I hope they are shame faced - have some decency man!

"The Mackem"

The foreign writing is still dotted around the sight Ian, and photographs part covering some text. Shame our hard work is made to look "Mickey Mouse". I suspect the person who has done this is known to us, and I hope they are shame faced - have some decency man!

"The Mackem"

Hello scarletrider: I have had a fairly extensive look at the Sunderland website since you posted your message and items appear OK to me. I could not find any foreign writings - but concede that I may have missed them on such a large website. Nor where I visited did I find any photos covering text - but do not repudiate that may be the case, but not where I visited.

My objective as with you is to see a smooth running for the site - and trace how and when the 'takeover' took place.

​Is the 'new owner' seeing any of this information? On the far right of the website, there is a series of messages. One of these is from 2015 and makes reference to the website and changes to it.

I would appreciate your views on this please. The message reads:

10/07/2015
Welcome to the new website for Sunderland Speedway Supporters. As regular visitors may know, the original website was temporarily unavailable. The new owners have now restored ths site to its former glory. Full credit goes to Ian and Martin for the original work which we have now preserved for future generations to enjoy.
Edited by Guest

"The Mackem"

Sounds like you have had a run in with someone who holds a grudge?But surely putting your site back up on the web is actually honouring your work?Also gives credit to you,so i wonder why you think it is somehow shameful?All mysterious......

Is the 'revised' Sunderland Speedway website linked in some way to betting/bookmakers? I ask because of these quotes I have found on the website - and advise that I HAVE NOT tried either of the Links:

No. 1:

The NEW Sunderland Speedway

Supporters website offering news,
stats, photos, profiles, betting promos
and much, much more . .

No.2:

Our speeday betting reunions are well

loved and an invaluable forum for
the speedway betting enthusiast. Will we
cash in even more free bets in 2017
Edited by Guest

Is the revised Sunderland Seedway website linked in some way to betting/bookmakers? I ask because of these quotes I have found on the website - and advise that I HAVE NOT tried either of the Links:

No. 1:

The NEW Sunderland Speedway

Supporters website offering news,
stats, photos, profiles, betting promos
and much, much more . .

No.2:

Our speeday betting reunions are well

loved and an invaluable forum for
the speedway betting enthusiast. Will we
cash in even more free bets in 2017

I did check a number of the speedway links and a couple related to the webdesigners,Madweb i think they are called and all links seem to be dead and lead nowhere............ :o:blink:

Edited by iris123