British Speedway Forum

Sunderland Speedway Memories

The website providers Mad Web Design can be found at:

http://www.itrocksmarketing.co.uk/about/mad-web-design

But strangely their links on the Sunderland site lead to nowhere.Do you think maybe if someone has just copied the site and put it online that all the links will be dead?Do they have t do a bit more work to make those links 'live'?Strange thoughMaybe the person hasn't got around to checking the links?

Sunderland Speedway website - LINKS: I have checked many of the Links shown and the majority of these proved to be active. Some though will be found as no more perhaps than "...sheer gobbledy-gook..." All perhaps hit-and-miss but worth a look IMO.

http://www.sunderlandspeedway.co.uk/links/Current_Links.html

​The following message appears in regard to the LINKS on the Sunderland Speedway website. As there is no specific email address for the Webmaster I tried several address variations in the hope I might get one correct. Sadly no luck.

This is the message on the website in regard to 'broken' Links:

Links

Please email our webmaster for inclusion stating that the link is for the Sunderland Speedway website or to report
broken links . . . .
Edited by Guest

There is also original debate elsewhere on the BSF in regard to the Sunderland Speedway website - going back to 2015. Please visit

Speedway News and Discussions

Sunderland Speedway Website.

The name is registered to a Bryan Sparrow.. does that help ?

Thank you for the message. Can you kindly clarify if Bryan Sparrow is in regard to MAD DESIGN or to the 'new version' of the Sunderland Speedway website?

As you indicate, this would be a great help in sorting out the seeming stream of problems that keep arising in regard to the Sunderland Speedway website.

Edited by Guest

There is also original debate elsewhere on the BSF in regard to the Sunderland Speedway website - going back to 2015. Please visit

Speedway News and Discussions

Sunderland Speedway Website.

Thank you for the message. Can you kindly clarify if Bryan Sparrow is in regard to MAD DESIGN or to the 'new version' of the Sunderland Speedway website?

As you indicate, this would be a great help in sorting out the seeming stream of problems that keep arising in regard to the Sunderland Speedway website.

I would think this Sparrow guy is just some opportunist that has bought the website address or perhaps bought up a loads of expired sites from mad webs or whatever they're called. I cant find any trace of them around so maybe when they went, the passed on their info to someone wanting to buy the site names.

The guy Sparrow doesn't put his address on the registration details of the website which makes it look like he's a one man band and is using his home address perhaps.

The fact that iris mentions there are bizarre mentions of betting reunions etc seem to illustrate that whoever this guy is, he's using the name to attract people to the site and then wanting to take people off to dodgy websites rather than about sunderland speedway. I've seen this happen to a few other people with hobby websites who have let an address lapse and see it snapped up by some dodgy geezers..

Just checked again, its actually Byron Sparrow.

mad webs seem to now be under this lot - http://www.itrocksmarketing.co.uk/contact - oddly enough, a Poole based web hosting company. I guess if anyone is wanting to get answers they might be worth contacting them directly.

further googling on them shows they do the isle of wight website..

anyway, i'll leave it there. anyone needing any more info let us know.

• Like 1

I would think this Sparrow guy is just some opportunist that has bought the website address or perhaps bought up a loads of expired sites from mad webs or whatever they're called. I cant find any trace of them around so maybe when they went, the passed on their info to someone wanting to buy the site names.

The guy Sparrow doesn't put his address on the registration details of the website which makes it look like he's a one man band and is using his home address perhaps.

The fact that iris mentions there are bizarre mentions of betting reunions etc seem to illustrate that whoever this guy is, he's using the name to attract people to the site and then wanting to take people off to dodgy websites rather than about sunderland speedway. I've seen this happen to a few other people with hobby websites who have let an address lapse and see it snapped up by some dodgy geezers..

Just checked again, its actually Byron Sparrow.

mad webs seem to now be under this lot - http://www.itrocksmarketing.co.uk/contact - oddly enough, a Poole based web hosting company. I guess if anyone is wanting to get answers they might be worth contacting them directly.

further googling on them shows they do the isle of wight website..

anyway, i'll leave it there. anyone needing any more info let us know.

An absorbingly interesting Post and one that leaves me at least with a concern: is it safe for BSF members to access the Sunderland Speedway website? I am sure other BSF members following this thread also fully appreciate the background information on the takeover of the Sunderland Speedway website that you have provided.

Edited by Guest

Thanks Doctor.Then it seems one of our members 'Speedway portal' is the person???

Seem to remember he was doing some speedway video site or something to do with kodi?

http://www.speedway-forum.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=83557&hl=speedwayportal

I have visited the Speedway Portal website and cannot seem to find any reference to Sunderland Speedway website. It could be perhaps that I am missing it somewhere. TBH I found the Speedway Portal website to be extremely interesting in regard to the items that it features.

https://www.speedwayportal.com

I have visited the Speedway Portal website and cannot seem to find any reference to Sunderland Speedway website. It could be perhaps that I am missing it somewhere. TBH I found the Speedway Portal website to be extremely interesting in regard to the items that it features.

https://www.speedwayportal.com

Then it is all strange,but if you look at where speedway portal is based it is like the Doctor mentioned in a suburb of Poole and the guy does also seem to do the Isle of Wight website.So all points to speedway portal the BSF member probably being also Byron Sparrow.I guess it is up to TWK or scarletrider to make contact and sort this out

Edited by iris123

Hi guys, I have just been directed to this thread.

My name is Andy Hague, owner of Speedway Portal. And yes we are based in Poole and sponsor the Isle Of Wight Warriors along with many riders, locally and internationally.

Both myself and Speedway Portal DO NOT run or edit the Wightlink Warriors website at all. We work closely with the Warriors to provide their media channel on Speedway Portal, we film all of their meetings and provide behind the scenes footage and I also am a member of the Warriors off track team working on promotion and design etc.

There is no reference at all to Sunderland Speedway on the Portal, although if you feel this would be of benefit to the speedway community we are happy to create something working alongside you. I can fully assure you that this is the first that we have heard about this situation.

I or our team do not know of a "Byron Sparrow", or have any information regarding the Sunderland website as above other than what is written on this thread.

We do however know the former company MadWeb, and will contact the owner and alert him to this thread ASAP.

Speedway Portal only work within the Portal, we do not do outside websites.

I hope that helps.

Any questions or queries please let me know.

Andy

Edited by Speedway Portal
  • Like 3

Hi guys, I have just been directed to this thread.

My name is Andy Hague, owner of Speedway Portal. And yes we are based in Poole and sponsor the Isle Of Wight Warriors along with many riders, locally and internationally.

Both myself and Speedway Portal DO NOT run or edit the Wightlink Warriors website at all. We work closely with the Warriors to provide their media channel on Speedway Portal, we film all of their meetings and provide behind the scenes footage and I also am a member of the Warriors off track team working on promotion and design etc.

There is no reference at all to Sunderland Speedway on the Portal, although if you feel this would be of benefit to the speedway community we are happy to create something working alongside you. I can fully assure you that this is the first that we have heard about this situation.

I or our team do not know of a "Byron Sparrow", or have any information regarding the Sunderland website as above other than what is written on this thread.

We do however know the former company MadWeb, and will contact the owner and alert him to this thread ASAP.

Speedway Portal only work within the Portal, we do not do outside websites.

I hope that helps.

Any questions or queries please let me know.

Andy

Thank you for that Andy. At least we can rule you out. :t:

It is all very confusing to a couple of Internet amateurs like scarletrider and myself.

To be honest I am quite content to have the Website there as a reference source for researchers and also for myself. It is just so frustrating not knowing who is involved in this. After all - the Design of the Site, which I think is excellent (in it's proper form) was all down to Madweb Design - the Content of the Site was totally down to scarletrider and myself.

Personally - I would just like to know what is going on here.

Ian.

• Like 1

I have some more information on the situation following the phone call I have just made.

I have just spoken to Tim, who was the owner of MadWeb Design before it was bought out by It Rocks Marketing, of which Tim is a partner. He isn't a member on the Forum, so has given me permission to explain the conversation on his behalf on this post.

It seems, the Website was cloned before it was taken down years ago, and after the mandatory 3 months after the web domain had lapsed, it looks like whoever cloned it bought the domain name and made the site go live again. Tim has been aware of this for around 2 years now when he was in contact with the two guys who he worked on it for, and went through all the correct legal channels to have the site taken down as it is a blatant breach of copyright to not only MadWeb, but the guys who MadWeb were working for. It seems the only way left going forward to close it down would be court action, to which a cost would be involved, hence why this has not been done.

Tim has also picked up (having looked at the site whilst on our call) on the fact that the disclaimer at the bottom has MadWeb all over it? which again is another blatant copyright breach.

Again we both agree to stress that Speedway Portal is my business, and it Rocks Marketing is Tim and his two partners business. MadWeb is no longer active and hasn't been for the last 2 years, but the MadWeb domain name has been kept and points to a page on the it Rocks website.

I hope this gives a little more information to help the situation.

And we both fully agree it is very worrying and puzzling why this has/is being done.

Many thanks,

Andy

• Like 1

I have some more information on the situation following the phone call I have just made.

I have just spoken to Tim, who was the owner of MadWeb Design before it was bought out by It Rocks Marketing, of which Tim is a partner. He isn't a member on the Forum, so has given me permission to explain the conversation on his behalf on this post.

It seems, the Website was cloned before it was taken down years ago, and after the mandatory 3 months after the web domain had lapsed, it looks like whoever cloned it bought the domain name and made the site go live again. Tim has been aware of this for around 2 years now when he was in contact with the two guys who he worked on it for, and went through all the correct legal channels to have the site taken down as it is a blatant breach of copyright to not only MadWeb, but the guys who MadWeb were working for. It seems the only way left going forward to close it down would be court action, to which a cost would be involved, hence why this has not been done.

Tim has also picked up (having looked at the site whilst on our call) on the fact that the disclaimer at the bottom has MadWeb all over it? which again is another blatant copyright breach.

Again we both agree to stress that Speedway Portal is my business, and it Rocks Marketing is Tim and his two partners business. MadWeb is no longer active and hasn't been for the last 2 years, but the MadWeb domain name has been kept and points to a page on the it Rocks website.

I hope this gives a little more information to help the situation.

And we both fully agree it is very worrying and puzzling why this has/is being done.

Many thanks,

Andy

Thank you for your efforts on our behalf Andy. It was indeed Tim who designed the Website for myself and scarletrider. I think he did a great job.

Sadly I don't think we will ever find out the truth of what has happened here.

We don't know the motives of those who have resurrected the Sunderland Site. We can only assume, from the Betting references on the Site, that it may have something to do with that. There were no references to Betting when we were running the Site in conjunction with Tim.

Thank you very much again for your help with this.

Best wishes.

Ian.