Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Poole Pirates Vs Swindon Robins 19/07/17

Thanks were you impartial tonight Doctor??? were you just interested in the result. ? After all the banter Poole will be back a great team over the years cant deny that if they get the right changes they are still in the mix.

As a Reading Racers supporter, it's a hard watch supporting Swindon at the best of times.. but when it comes to Poole, local rivalries go out of the window...

• Like 1

I'm sure the big plan was to be hammered & annoy all the paying punters, sounds like a business masterclass that. Where do I sign up?

• Like 5

Just to think there was a couple of Poole fans quite vociferous on here about a couple of Lynn riders robbing the public last Thursday,and that they should be banned.Well i think there has been a few more than a couple of Poole riders that has robbed their paying public tonight.We need an enquiry immediately to sort this mess out. :shock:

• Like 6

I'm sure the big plan was to be hammered & annoy all the paying punters, sounds like a business masterclass that. Where do I sign up?

Worse than hammered - as Gavan said - humiliated (by a team that was written off at the start of the season and only 1 different rider from the starting 1-7)

• Like 1

C. Holder at Poole tonight.

Was Bjarne talking to Matt ?

About as good as a big plan of turning up at speedway in purple chinos!!

• Like 2

As a Reading Racers supporter, it's a hard watch supporting Swindon at the best of times.. but when it comes to Poole, local rivalries go out of the window...

Funny thing is Doctor i went to Reading from 84/88 regular loved it supported Holloway,Glanz , and PER loved Monday nights.When smallmead was prepared it was a great track great entertainment and the Geoff Curtis bar grub was good to.
  • Like 1

Blip, minor variant. Dreadful cell service for the mobile phone fraternity by the coast this evening too.

• Like 1

Was Bjarne talking to Matt ?

No.

About as good as a big plan of turning up at speedway in purple chinos!!

You didn't did you?

Who remembers when certain Poole fans went on and on about how rubbish Swindon were 😂😂😂😂😀

• Like 3

Well done to all 8 of the Robins tonight☺☺☺

Sadly the downside of a small league of 8 with the play offs deciding the Champions allows for nights like this to happen where the question of average fiddling arises.

It also helped Wolves insist on Swindon signing Tobiàs as an asset rather than loaning him for the rest of the season as we needed him to boost our play off hopes.

No-one expected him to do as well as he has though☺☺

• Like 2

I will go with a Poole win (48-42)

Our middle order will be too strong for Swindon's middle order.

But if KK only scores 4/5 points then Swindon could nick it.

KK should be good for 7/8 points though.

KK vs Doyle - Doyle

Lathi vs BWD - Lahti - are you sure..?

J. Holder vs Musielak - J. Holder - are you sure..?

R. Worrall vs Bellego - R. Worrall - are you sure..?

Andersen vs Morris - Andersen - are you sure..?

Starke vs Ellis - 50/50

Shanes vs Wajtknecht - Wajtknecht

are you sure...? :rofl:

• Like 1

Blip, minor variant. Dreadful cell service for the mobile phone fraternity by the coast this evening too.

The Broadband service on the South Coast has certainly seemed a bit 'iffy' on a few occasions recently...

Something to do with the tides maybe? 😉

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 2

Well done to all 8 of the Robins tonight☺☺☺

Sadly the downside of a small league of 8 with the play offs deciding the Champions allows for nights like this to happen where the question of average fiddling arises.

It also helped Wolves insist on Swindon signing Tobiàs as an asset rather than loaning him for the rest of the season as we needed him to boost our play off hopes.

No-one expected him to do as well as he has though☺☺

There's no question of average fiddling. Poole have nothing to gain from KK doing badly. It's just Gater1 being silly.

• Like 3