British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
gmuncie

Championship Fours 06/08 Peterborough

2 groups of 5? how on earth are they going to work this one out? Or a qualifier before the semis? Lowest 4 on averages into qualifier top 2 into the semis with the other 6 top 2 from each semi into final?

Just flying suggestions about, I'm looking forward to it whatever format it is.

Give them a chance they've only just worked out what time we will be in starting.

• Like 1

5 teams in a group over 10 heats each rider gets 2 rides. Top 2 from each group qualify for a 12 Heat Final each rider gets 3 rides ?.

2 groups of 5? how on earth are they going to work this one out? Or a qualifier before the semis? Lowest 4 on averages into qualifier top 2 into the semis with the other 6 top 2 from each semi into final?
Just flying suggestions about, I'm looking forward to it whatever format it is.

2 groups of 5 for the pairs at Somerset, with top 2 from each group going into sudden death semi-finals.

5 teams in a group over 10 heats each rider gets 2 rides. Top 2 from each group qualify for a 12 Heat Final each rider gets 3 rides ?.

2 groups of 5 for the pairs at Somerset, with top 2 from each group going into sudden death semi-finals.

Thats with 2v2 in each race and everyone racing everyone, completely different to having 5 teams but only 4 riders in a race when you are riding on your own and not as a pair...

I'm looking forward to this, there will certainly be some decent riders on show!

So the premier league fours is now the premier league fives, apart from in the final when its fours......

only the BSPA can come up with this mess.

Although, 5 riders into the first few corners around the EOES will be good to see!

So the premier league fours is now the premier league fives, apart from in the final when its fours......

only the BSPA can come up with this mess.

Although, 5 riders into the first few corners around the EOES will be good to see!

Mess? The five rider races will determine which two teams of the five in each semi qualify for the final, which will revert to four rider races as there's four teams involved. Seems innovative to me, and better than excluding two Clubs from the event.

• Like 2

Five rider races are a 1st bend disaster waiting to happen imo...

• Like 4

Mess? The five rider races will determine which two teams of the five in each semi qualify for the final, which will revert to four rider races as there's four teams involved. Seems innovative to me, and better than excluding two Clubs from the event.

Seems dangerous to me. The SWC used to have 5 rider races and it was scrapped.
  • Like 1

Totally agree with Noodles and Blupanther, an awful idea, we are having enough serious crashes with 4 riders without having 5 in a race, especially bearing in mind Kerr's recent crash and Tungate's in a previous fours. All this just because the promoter's don't want qualifying rounds.

• Like 4

I would assume 10 heat semi finals with four rider races. That's two races per rider with each team being represented in eight of the ten heats.