British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
gmuncie

Championship Fours 06/08 Peterborough

Absolute madness to have 5 rider races at the Showground.

Going to be carnage into turn 1 and out of turn 2.

Feel sorry for the riders having to put up with BSPA insanity.

• Like 4

Absolute madness to have 5 rider races at the Showground.

Going to be carnage into turn 1 and out of turn 2.

Feel sorry for the riders having to put up with BSPA insanity.

5 riders anywhere is mental , is there no depths to the BSPA insanity . Just when you think you've seen it all , they bring out something daft to surprise you again . Will I spend a fortune travelling to watch the fours this year ? not now .

• Like 3

5 riders anywhere is mental , is there no depths to the BSPA insanity . Just when you think you've seen it all , they bring out something daft to surprise you again . Will I spend a fortune travelling to watch the fours this year ? not now .

im not sure it adds anything to the spectical but the showground is wide enough to accommodate. Don't remember too many problems when the World Cup was there with 5 rider races.
  • Like 1

im not sure it adds anything to the spectical but the showground is wide enough to accommodate. Don't remember too many problems when the World Cup was there with 5 rider races.

That doesn't make it any less idiotic . We used to have five team groups in the fours qualifiers back in the day , with one team missing out a round , surely something similar could have been done here instead of this recipe for disaster

Edited by Paulco

All this just because the promoter's don't want qualifying rounds.

there is only 10 teams in the league, tell me how you'd work out the qualifying rounds.

or would that be basically what we have on the Sunday at Peterborough

Top 6 sides qualify for semi finals, bottom 4 by average race off with the top two joining the other six.

• Like 1

I agree, this isn't different it's just plan daft, yes the Showground is probably wide enough but speedway is about four riders and four laps.

Surely if it's too difficult to work out a race formula for 5 teams per semi restrict it to the top 8 teams in the league.

Mess? The five rider races will determine which two teams of the five in each semi qualify for the final, which will revert to four rider races as there's four teams involved. Seems innovative to me, and better than excluding two Clubs from the event.

Innovative isn't the word I would use.

• Like 4

The bottom line is that every club is now involved, no fan is left out.

This tournament is for the many, not the few.

Don't they have 6 riders in the Czech Republic in the Golden Helmet?

Edited by Jeremy Corbyn Fan
  • Like 2

The bottom line is that every club is now involved, no fan is left out.

This tournament is for the many, not the few.

Don't they have 6 riders in the Czech Republic in the Golden Helmet?

Pardubice is at least twice the width of the Showground...

• Like 1

I am afraid that I am a traditionalist and 5 riders in a race doesn't work for me.

Was looking forward to this but it seems like a bit of a joke meeting to me now!

Innovative isn't the word I would use.

I think this is what Sir Humphrey (the original one) would describe as "courageous"

• Like 2

I am sure a system could have been brought in to allow all teams to compete on the day keeping 4 riders a heat. A rotation system wouldn't have been too difficult.

I believe that the attendance will not be increased by having 5 riders.

Surely there won't be many who think 'Wow 5 riders! let's go!'

As compared to those who think '5 riders! Why? Don't think I will bother!'