British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
gmuncie

Championship Fours 06/08 Peterborough

That doesn't make it any less idiotic . We used to have five team groups in the fours qualifiers back in the day , with one team missing out a round , surely something similar could have been done here instead of this recipe for disaster

With so many blank dates in clubs fixture lists this season why couldn't we just bring back qualifiers, or maybe actually qualifying for things have gone out of fashion these days. The 4`s is usually a long meeting, with five rider races I`m guessing this meeting could be a marathon, I`m at the Kings Lynn v Somerset meeting the following night, will the 5`s be over by then I wonder.

Edited by screm
  • Like 1

It had better be sorted before the day- as the riders will decide on the day not to ride !!!!

Thank the lord it's not something Chris Holder can be involved in... he wouldn't even get out of the van.

• Like 5

I think this is what Sir Humphrey (the original one) would describe as "courageous"

Oh my God, is it :D

Well that's great after I'd paid for travel down with many others on the Bandits supporters club coach.

What an absolute shambles the BSPA are. Couldn't organise a p*ss up in a brewery

Edited by Shads
  • Like 2

Isn't our sport run with the up most integrity and professionalism. You kind of think Lewis Bridger got it right a few weeks ago, and poor Lewis ended up with a fine.

• Like 1

Things weren't so bad with the Dark Lord at Edinburgh at the helm! Least we wouldn't have had this cock up!! So pissed off its untrue! You take days off... Pay money and want to go enjoy seeing your team despite the fact you've had a stinking year and they screw up like this!

Arseholes!!!

• Like 6

From reading the press release are the BSPA saying some of the riders of Berwick and Scunthorpe protested and refused to ride, or is it riders of other clubs protesting and so get their way the BSPA needed to boot out Berwick and Scunthorpe being the two bottom clubs. If its the latter I think the BSPA are duty bound to name these weasels.

I think I remember the 1988 World Pairs at Bradford had SIX riders per race, once you get more than four it starts to get difficult to take everything in. To be honest, I consider the fours to be a bit of a Mickey Mouse event and don't care how they have it or even if, each to their own though and it's obvious from earlier posts that all ten teams could have been included.

From reading the press release are the BSPA saying some of the riders of Berwick and Scunthorpe protested and refused to ride, or is it riders of other clubs protesting and so get their way the BSPA needed to boot out Berwick and Scunthorpe being the two bottom clubs. If its the latter I think the BSPA are duty bound to name these weasels.

I guarantee if they had asked the 40 riders involved- most would have told them no way am I riding in 5 rider races round Peterborough !!!!!

• Like 1

I think I remember the 1988 World Pairs at Bradford had SIX riders per race, once you get more than four it starts to get difficult to take everything in. To be honest, I consider the fours to be a bit of a Mickey Mouse event and don't care how they have it or even if, each to their own though and it's obvious from earlier posts that all ten teams could have been included.

The idea of five riders in a race should've been a non-starter, any fool could work that one out, surely there must've been a better way to sort out the meeting format the reducing a great event to an utter farce, but thats the BSPA for you these days.

• Like 2

Unbelievable the clowns ever thought 5 in a race was a good, safe idea.

I applaud the riders for saying No Way Jose this time.

Really need to replace some of the clowns.

some riders resorted to social media not happy with 5 in a race so let's chuck out Berwick and Scunthorpe and keep everyone happy

some riders resorted to social media not happy with 5 in a race so let's chuck out Berwick and Scunthorpe and keep everyone happy

Everyone that apart from the good fans of Berwick and Scunthorpe, must admit its a bit of a kick in the goolies the the vice chairman of the BSPA, wonder how he really feels about his club not being in the event.