British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
gmuncie

Championship Fours 06/08 Peterborough

Incredible!!!

The solution was so obvious to everyone, but it took BSPA 24/48 to work it out and in the meantime jumped in with both feet and caused untold damage to sport's reputation and to Bandits and Scunny fans - total sympathy - if I were berwick/Scunthorpe promotions I'd be tempted to tell them to stuff the fours for this year!

Just read they worked through the night to draw up the new format - did they give it to a group of 5 year olds to do?

I, and I guess vast majority, could do a formula in about 10 minutes- max - it really is that simple!

I would like the Management members concerned to be named so we can thank them :nono: and then have a bigger laugh at their sheer stupidity

Edited by northyorksbear
  • Like 2

Who has the hokey cokey cup at the mo?

Bring it along - it semms quite apt to award it for this now 😆

HOW can all the "posters" of negative comments (the system wont work / only 4 riders etc ) be so negative. At least try it out, then make up your minds. The 2 day 4s event had the negative response because it was held over 2 days, but was a great event IMO as did many more who went. The support of speedway from the public is reducing, just look at the amount of T V coverage this year compared to a couple of years back, and now 2 teams have been withdrawn. How many supporters will now NOT be going , I for one had a full car so that's 5 of us.

Speedway is a dangerous enough sport with 4 riders in a race- let alone 5 !!!!! This isn`t an open meeting where riders can decide to enter or not. the standard BSPA contract probably says something like " you will make yourself available for the shared event meetings"

Your all winding me up surely, just gonna check the sgb site. Back in a min

It's only true

Edited by bruno

Gold Cup 1991

Berwick won the Gold Cup in 1991, did they, I always thought that was the Diamonds!!! :o

Madness that Berwick and Scunny are in, no they are out, hang on, back in again!!! I dread to think what the sporting world thinks of our sport, now wondered companies are queueing at the door to throw money at the sport in the way of sponsorship.

Just explained this to my wife who has only ever done 2 meetings, iow and Cardiff and she replied "no wonder speedways in a mess with people like that running it"

Those in charge need to step down now.

T'was never this bad under Alex.

I can only agree, this sort of inept behaviour surely cannot go on.

• Like 3

Can't wait for Bandits4eva comments, might be a few ********

I would assume 10 heat semi finals with four rider races. That's two races per rider with each team being represented in eight of the ten heats.

Well it was bleedin' obvious wasn't it

Who has the hokey cokey cup at the mo?

Bring it along - it semms quite apt to award it for this now 😆

Josh Auty / Rob Godfrey are the current holders i believe😬
  • Like 1

So the format they should've used from the beginning is now the one being used. Took a while but at least they've finally got there. Looking forward to this as a neutral, some decent riders and 32 heats of speedway!

Berwick won the Gold Cup in 1991, did they, I always thought that was the Diamonds!!! :o

Madness that Berwick and Scunny are in, no they are out, hang on, back in again!!! I dread to think what the sporting world thinks of our sport, now wondered companies are queueing at the door to throw money at the sport in the way of sponsorship.

no bonny lad we won it in Division 1