British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
gmuncie

Championship Fours 06/08 Peterborough

Just enough time for a competition before the first print run. Best suggestion gets free family entry (or equivalent) and free parking inside the stadium: e-mail no.idea@bspa.co.uk

So let's see. Each semi final is over 10 heats i.e. 40 rides. Each semi contains 5 teams. So each team gets 8 rides. Assuming each team is 4 riders (plus maybe a reserve) then each rider gets 2 rides. Now all we have to do is work out a fair race formula. Maybe that's what took all night.

P.S. my email to no.idea@bspa.co.uk bounced!

Phew..... that's a relief as someone in the BSPA headquarters was getting cold sweats thinking someone was questioning something.......

Sorry about that, I should have updated that the e-mail account had been deleted. Apparently a staff member's 5 year old was in the office yesterday and sorted out the format for them.

Edited by Crump99

BSPA have apologised for lateness of race format for the Hokey Cokey 4's this Sunday. They forgot to take into consideration that the schools were on holiday, but after lots of emails and frantic phone-calls and the promise of a KFC family bucket, they have managed to get in touch with little Lucy from year 3 who has agreed to sort it out when she returns home from ice skating. :lol::lol::lol:

MEETING FORMAT All 10 SGB Championship clubs will be involved. Full meeting format to follow

I am not holding my breath

How can Stuart Robson ride for Newcastle when he won't complete enough meetings?

Poor Berwick don't even have Nick Morris riding......

How can Stuart Robson ride for Newcastle when he won't complete enough meetings?

Neither will Sedgy!!

• Like 1

MEETING FORMAT All 10 SGB Championship clubs will be involved. Full meeting format to follow

I am not holding my breath

I Wish you would!! :rofl::rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I think Morris will be riding in Poland that day.

I see after being booted out of the competition this time last week, Berwick and Scunthorpe have got their own back at the BSPA by refusing to bring a reserve rider. :D

Because all ten teams are taking part there is no need to apply the criteria of a minimum no. of rides per rider per team by a certain date to apply. As long as a rider has ridden at least one home and one away match for the team he qualifies. The precedent was set for the pairs with Peterboro being allowed to track Chris Harris (had it gone ahead). In previous years he wouldn't have qualified.

The fact that Berwick's Nick Morris and Nicolai Busk Jacobsen (and any others i'm not yet aware of) CHOOSE to ride elsewhere is Berwick's loss, and unfortunate for their supporters, but nothing to do with BSPA.

I think Morris will be riding in Poland that day.

I see after being booted out of the competition this time last week, Berwick and Scunthorpe have got their own back at the BSPA by refusing to bring a reserve rider. :D

Cheaper for the BSPA as they won't have to pay travel costs. They would have been knackered under the original proposed format of 5 man races as all 5 riders in the team were programmed to have 2 starts in the semi's. In the revised format the reserves lose out as they are not guaranteed a start.

Would anyone out there have a heat by heat race format on how this meeting will be run. Thanks in advance for any help.

There should be a supplementary SCB regulation in the download section of the SCB website hopefully some time soon. (It's not there yet). The final will be run as it has in the past over 12 heats.

Regardless of the farce on how this has been organised, this is going to be a cracking meeting.

The highlight in my speedway calendar, ahead of Cardiff.

Edited by Jeremy Corbyn Fan

Because all ten teams are taking part there is no need to apply the criteria of a minimum no. of rides per rider per team by a certain date to apply. As long as a rider has ridden at least one home and one away match for the team he qualifies. The precedent was set for the pairs with Peterboro being allowed to track Chris Harris (had it gone ahead). In previous years he wouldn't have qualified.

The fact that Berwick's Nick Morris and Nicolai Busk Jacobsen (and any others i'm not yet aware of) CHOOSE to ride elsewhere is Berwick's loss, and unfortunate for their supporters, but nothing to do with BSPA.

Cheaper for the BSPA as they won't have to pay travel costs. They would have been knackered under the original proposed format of 5 man races as all 5 riders in the team were programmed to have 2 starts in the semi's. In the revised format the reserves lose out as they are not guaranteed a start.

There should be a supplementary SCB regulation in the download section of the SCB website hopefully some time soon. (It's not there yet). The final will be run as it has in the past over 12 heats.

I thought people were saying that Nick was racing for Berwick and then took up his chance to race in Poland when Berwick were kicked out the competition. If this is the case then it has something to do with the BSPA.

Was it the fours years ago when Berwick held a collection for possibly Simon Cartwright? I think it was to cover his costs because he didn't get anything because he didn't get a race. It probably wasn't the fours but I seem to remember something.

Was the format 5 rider races over 8 heats or 10 heats.

Nick Morris was available to ride in the fours until we got kicked out where he naturally contacted his Polish team Rzeszow who he has been scoring very well for to tell them that he is infact available for the BSPA to then put us back in but in that time he had agreed to ride in Poland that day and can now not get out of that, rumours was that the same happened with Jakobsen but he is now injured and so is out of it anyways, such a shame

Does anyone know how much the admission fee is?

your soul 😜