British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
gmuncie

Championship Fours 06/08 Peterborough

How anyone can blame Jack Holder is beyond me, at the end of the day he is still young and making his way in his career so it's the right move!

I'm sure if any of you got asked to do a job that was going to pay you 5 or more times what you were currently earning you would do it in a heartbeat!

That's the comedy post of the weekend so far and there's been a few.

Does Holder ride for Peterborough and are Peterborough in the 4TT today which has been known about since the start of the season? I think that the answer is yes to both. I'm all for riders getting what they can but he'll have time for money and making his way at other times.

"Ourselves, Torun and Jack have come to an agreement that suits us all. Torun did initially ask us to release Jack for the rest of 2017, but the rider himself refused that."

For anyone to have come out of this with any credibility the offer should similarly been refused because Holder was already busy on Sunday.

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 6

You appear to contradict yourself, one minute your arguing Holder is furthering his career then you say he's chasing the big money in Poland. Surely to further his career it would be better for him to ride for Peterborough today in a BSPA show case meeting and give something back to the club that helped further his career.

Not contradicting myself in the slightest, we all have a career to make a living and earn money so going to where the more money is furthering his career. Also in this case he is riding in arguably the best league in the world instead of the championship so it's a better level as well.

You are correct noodles in most situations your employer wouldn't be happy but in this case he has his employers blessing so no problem there, what I'm saying is don't blame Jack we would all do the same as him if given the opportunity, blame the employer for not sticking to his guns IMO

Confirmed BWD has withdrawn.

Peterborough look to be on the way to joining Berwick and Scunthorpe with a team with no reserve.

Peterborough look to be on the way to joining Berwick and Scunthorpe with a team with no reserve.

bacon also injured last night so no reserve.

Anyone got a racecard for this. Not worth buying a programme might as well fill a blank racecard in the number of changes.

Anyone got a racecard for this. Not worth buying a programme might as well fill a blank racecard in the number of changes.

See post 270 a few pages back.

bacon also injured last night so no reserve.

Thank you Peterborough as I see Scunthorpe seem to spoilt things by naming a reserve.

Will be at this, looking forward to the 5 man races.

Peterborough is a track that can cope with this easily.

The 2002 World Cup certainly delivered some cracking entertainment with 5 in a race.

• Like 1

The 2002 World Cup certainly delivered some cracking entertainment with 5 in a race.

They have knocked the 5 man races on the head.....at least I think they did .....but there again probably done another U-turn now and probably 8 man races now :P

• Like 1

You'll be waiting a while sadly..... :lol: as that was sooooo last week!

• Like 1

Looking like the 4s will be rivalling a Saturday night brothel for the number of pull outs

Looks like August has well and truly arrived in speedway. Injuries, unavailability and fixture cramming all rearing their ugly heads once again, mostly out Peterborough way by the looks of it! Not the first time I'll be going to a meeting there 'making do' with what's left in the aftermath of speedway politics!

Sheffield to win this...if Lasse's fit to ride!

• Like 1