British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
gmuncie

Championship Fours 06/08 Peterborough

Sour grapes from the Bitches fans as usual..what about all the years when we didn't win it with a full strength team?

Sour grapes? Always the response of someone when they don't like the truth of someone's comments.

Anyway no sour grapes as you put it, we always bottle it and did again today as expected.

I just want the event moved around the country as it should be.

And what about all the years you didn't win it? If the team hosting the event doesn't have some kind of advantage then it's riders are doing something seriously wrong imo.

Move it around and give other teams the home track advantage that they all deserve to have occasionally.

• Like 1

Never had a problem with this being staged in the middle (ish) of the Country when the teams were spread far and wide, but now div 2 is a Northern league it should be held up North.

What's the point of having a National Speedway stadium and not using it?

Well done to the Pussycats, a hollow victory on their own track is probably better than what they have had for most of this season.

P.S.

I see Jack got 5+1 for Torun today.

What's the point of having a National Speedway stadium and not using it?

Don't know? Good question maybe the Bspa know the answer?

• Like 1

Congratulations to Peterborough on their win, best team on the day and deserved winners. Two semi's were much of a muchness but some of the racing in the Final was incredible.

• Like 1

Anyone see Ged being soaked in champagne?

The champagne bottle apparently cost around £600, where is the money coming from?

:lol::lol::lol:

Thanks Torun.

That wasn't champagne I filled those bottles personally.

• Like 5

There was some awesome racing in the final so anyone who decided to stay away missed a great meeting. Bomber brilliant all day and the rest of the team did their job. A special mention to Simon Lambert who was under a lot of pressure because of the previous 48 hours and responded duly.

• Like 3

It's a regular occurrence at Peterborough. No surprise

I thought they got thro it fairly efficiently. There were times I was still filling in the prog when the next four were at the tapes.much less faffing about at the tapes than in the top league. There were big track grades between the semis and before the final but it was needed and didn't take that long.

IMHO the presentation was good, the organisation was good and some of the racing was bloody brilliant.

There can be few better sights than watching Bomber round the Showground when he is on song. The effort put in by the majority was much appreciated by me. Garrity, Barker, Ostergaard and a couple of others gave it everything. I thought Ipswich went home after the semis, after the first couple of races when they were down a few points they seemed to lose their fight.

Right, so when Ged said they were in discussions with Torun and other parties ALL week, do you think this may have been done before that 5 day mark?

So why did they use Holder in a PR two days before the event?

• Like 2

I thought they got thro it fairly efficiently. There were times I was still filling in the prog when the next four were at the tapes.much less faffing about at the tapes than in the top league. There were big track grades between the semis and before the final but it was needed and didn't take that long.

IMHO the presentation was good, the organisation was good and some of the racing was bloody brilliant.

There can be few better sights than watching Bomber round the Showground when he is on song. The effort put in by the majority was much appreciated by me. Garrity, Barker, Ostergaard and a couple of others gave it everything. I thought Ipswich went home after the semis, after the first couple of races when they were down a few points they seemed to lose their fight.

So why did they use Holder in a PR two days before the event?

The art of negotiation.

You have to act like you're not going to budge, Torun then got desperate.

Exactly, the team wasn't legal, and did not comply with the rulebook.

Congratulations to Redcar on being the highest-placed legal team.

All the best

Rob

Congratulations for been the biggest d### and sore loser on this forum.

All the best

Chris(do u also write that after every txt message?)

Sour grapes? Always the response of someone when they don't like the truth of someone's comments.

Yeah but seriously imagine having it at a crap track and stadium like Ipswich.

Anyway no sour grapes as you put it, we always bottle it and did again today as expected.

I just want the event moved around the country as it should be.

And what about all the years you didn't win it? If the team hosting the event doesn't have some kind of advantage then it's riders are doing something seriously wrong imo.

Move it around and give other teams the home track advantage that they all deserve to have occasionally.

Yeah but seriously imagine having it at a crap stadium and track like Ipswich 😂

Edited by Lukas
  • Like 1

Congratulations for been the biggest d### and sore loser on this forum.

All the best

Chris(do u also write that after every txt message?)

Yeah but seriously imagine having it at a crap stadium and track like Ipswich

I question... who's really the d### here?

Is there such thing as a sore winner?

• Like 3

What is Cook on about on Twitter?

Ride for 200 quid on pathetically prepared track and get pushed off your bike and punched by an official! I'm over this rubbish!

I assume £200 per point? and I assume more to it than a random official punching him for nothing?

What is Cook on about on Twitter?

I assume £200 per point? and I assume more to it than a random official punching him for nothing?

Think last year it was a 200 quid flat rate

• Like 3

Think last year it was a 200 quid flat rate

And they wonder why half the field pulls out at every opportunity.

I was told the winning teams prize money was breathtaking as well.

• Like 3

Holder is looking to improve his life and put food on the table.

Why do you hate him so much?

You really are just a wind up aren't you, I don't believe anyone who has the best interests of speedway would consistently come up with such drivel.

well you are good at it because a lot of us have taken the bait