British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
gmuncie

Championship Fours 06/08 Peterborough

Never again bang the 4s up your ass.

It is probable the Holder let it be known he was going to Torun on Sunday regardless. Few if any at Peterborough agree with Ged Rathbones actions. To give as an excuse that the season was over anyway seems naïve I( a euphemism) to say the least.

Holder will miss the next couple of Sunday meetings that Peterborough have, IMO the Panthers should not get any facility other than to use a NL guest at No1. Problem is of course that may have an effect on the home teams attendance which they won`t deserve.

Edited by screm
  • Like 1

Yu canna whack a real Geordie accent :D

Must admit I felt like whacking a Geordie accent a couple of times yesterday :o:D;)

• Like 2

Never again bang the 4s up your ass.

Holder will miss the next couple of Sunday meetings that Peterborough have, IMO the Panthers should not get any facility other than to use a NL guest at No1. Problem is of course that may have an effect on the home teams attendance which they won`t deserve.

That is what Peterborough fans think will happen. According to Mr Rathbone it will not matter as we are out of the running anyway

That is what Peterborough fans think will happen. According to Mr Rathbone it will not matter as we are out of the running anyway

Its good job the fans don't have the Schlien attitude.Dont know why he has to broadcast it.Lack of class.
  • Like 3

I can understand how the deal may have be beneficial to Torun and certainly Holder and although Rathbone seems to have received/ been promised money from Torun I wonder how he has calculated the offset of this money against the potential loss of revenue as a result of fans who may not now bother turning up to watch the Panthers or has he just assumed there will be insufficient impact on any future attendances?

Bit of a coincidence that the two away matches that Holder will miss are at Newcastle and Scunthorpe - home tracks of BSPA Management Committee members George English and Rob Godfrey.

Is the Peterborough promoter hitting back at them

Edited by toontrader

I had an absolute ball yesterday , okay my poor wallet tells me i had too many £4-50 pints , but it's all part of the fun . I understand folk getting all uppity and moaning about home track advantage , maybe that does play a part in these things , but who cares - what a track it is . I cant think of anywhere else i'd rather have the fours to be , completly worth getting back home at 4 in the morning having been there and enjoyed the day .

Did i feel cheated by all the withdrawels ? did i heck . Great racing , great company , ok over-priced beer , but once again a great and enjoyable day out at the fours - thank you Peterborough and well done on your deserved victory .

Having to carry 6 pints around to the back straight was tricky i tell you!! Never spilt a drop either, but then again i was never going to considering it was £27 worth!!ha
  • Like 1

The Golden Bullet...Hans Clausen

Remember him., Did he not do tightrope walking as well.

Remember him., Did he not do tightrope walking as well.

they got him to do it on the last meeting one season on a rope tied between two tractors if I remember right. Luckily not very high as I think he fell off....

This is part of the SGB report in regard to the Championship Fours meeting at Peterborough. May I ask - guesstimate if needs be - what the 'bumper crowd' mentioned was?

The SGB report reads: "...PETERBOROUGH were crowned 2017 SGB Championship Fours Winners in front of a bumper crowd at their home circuit on Sunday..."

I was told the main stand holds 2,200 and that was pretty much full plus first bend and back straight was busy. A touch over 3,000 I'd say

• Like 1

I doubt he will be punished, isn't it Mr Rathbone who should be punished for devaluing the event by not seeking approval from the correct authorities. It should be him and not the rider or the club who are sanctioned, slap him with a big fine, payable out of his pocket. He clearly gave little thought for the 4's, speedway fans/paying public or Peterborough speedway when he agreed it with Jack. We will never know whether Holder asked whether this had been passed by the correct authorities, probably not as both him and Mr Rathbone saw a big pay day.

I thought they did but it was refused. I don't get what permission has to do with it? Also if the contract and agreement mentioned by Chapman was worth the paper it's written on then I don't see how Holder gets away without a ban. For the matches Holder will miss, Panthers should be allowed a like for like guest. The fans and other clubs should not pay the price for this.

Also credit to the Berwick fans on bend 1, great bunch of fans and an inspired David Howe chant!

What was the chant?

So wouldn't that imply Chelsea cheat in almost every match by selecting from their squad instead of their strongest 11.

Peterborough did not cheat, they did however let the sport down by failing to treat a BSPA marquee event with due respect.

But the BSPA is a long way from the moral high ground it should occupy before it starts lecturing the Peterborough promotion.

Chelsea do cheat in every match, don't they?

Bit of a coincidence that the two away matches that Holder will miss are at Newcastle and Scunthorpe - home tracks of BSPA Management Committee members George English and Rob Godfrey.

Is the Peterborough promoter hitting back at them

What on earth are you on about?

That's because they're Sunday fixtures and Torun ride on Sundays.

I don't see why PL clubs ride on Sunday, that's Poland's race day!

I don't see why PL clubs ride on Sunday, that's Poland's race day!

Well last time I looked, Peterborough race in the Championship.

And Sunday is not Poland's race day, it's the day after Saturday and the day before Monday. Poland has no special rights.

I have no trouble with Jack riding for Torun. But I think I would adopt the "Polish Principle". That is, if you ride for us it comes with rules. Rules that will restrict your ability to ride elsewhere (x2 divisions this year, x1 next year if you sign a Polish contract).

If you think that's the way forward you're from a different planet. Contracts are set up to demand a certain standard of behaviour on both sides. A standard that is reasonable (not what is meant in normal conversation, but in legal terms). You can't have it one way today, and some other way tomorrow because it suits you. You make an agreement and stick to it.

We, the paying public, were cheated. I'm a neutral and I went to Peterborough yesterday expecting to see the Championship best racing for a major trophy. At the very least, I thought the home side would put out their best. Shame on you Peterborough.

• Like 1