British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
gmuncie

Championship Fours 06/08 Peterborough

or the Witches fans crying cos their team went from heroes to zero's lol

That's ok , mine never even reached those lofty heights :wink:

As for the weekend's meeting . Certain ones on here had their fun moaning about this , that and the next thing . Wanting bans , sanctions , riders burned at the stake , promoters disembowelled , we had the lot . Whilst everyone who attended the meeting had a wonderful time and were royally entertained by some breathtaking racing . So all in all , all tastes were catered for . :approve:

And of course the BSPA making a shed load of money, we will have to see if Ged Rathbone agrees to stage it again next year.

Perhaps they should stage it at Kings Lynn, they get some cracking processions I am told, that will pack them in.

I should have added , in my opinion . Others might have been standing yawning watching Chris Harris and others duel neck and neck for four laps :lol:

I don't see why you have to add 'in my opinion' because obviously anything you post on here is your opinion.........in my opinion. :P

Edited by Gemini
  • Like 2

Good for you.Your opinion and right,but you obviously don't speak for everyone.

I was going to quote all the people on here who thought the meeting, the racing or whole day was fantastic/brilliant/amazing.

Unfortunately, the site doesn't allow you to quote that many.

Shads might not speak for everyone. But based upon opinion on here at least, he speaks for the overwhelming majority at worst.

In addition, there will always be those who will prefer to focus on any issue that damns the BSPA, a promotion or a rider and utterly ignore or belittle the quality of the speedway. I really don't understand that mentality.

Apart from arguing with the Poldark boys in the pub before hand, I don't believe I thought about Jack Holder, Torun or Ged Rathbone once and I most certainly didn't when I was watching that astonishing final.

Edited by Halifaxtiger
  • Like 8

As for the weekend's meeting . Certain ones on here had their fun moaning about this , that and the next thing . Wanting bans , sanctions , riders burned at the stake , promoters disembowelled , we had the lot . Whilst everyone who attended the meeting had a wonderful time and were royally entertained by some breathtaking racing . So all in all , all tastes were catered for . :approve:

Sometimes, when you ignore the politics, concentrate on what speedway is, four riders over four laps at high speed, you remember what a bloody good sport we have here.

• Like 4

i did not attend the meeting, but generally Peterborough is know for good quality racing, and I don't think that it hold much of an advantage so for keep there fours running at Peterborough, and it is harsh to think that Peterborough had an advantage especially when the release Jack Holder and replace him with Simon Lambert.

For me there has to be some sort of punishment coming Peterborough's way as they did under value the event by releasing Holder to ride in Poland.

My solution would be to

Keep back 25% of the fee they received for running the event monies to be given to the Ben Fund.

Also 25% of their share of the profits from the meeting and that to be given to the Poultec scheme for British Youth riders.

For me there has to be some sort of punishment coming Peterborough's way as they did under value the event by releasing Holder to ride in Poland.

My solution would be to

Keep back 25% of the fee they received for running the event monies to be given to the Ben Fund.

Also 25% of their share of the profits from the meeting and that to be given to the Poultec scheme for British Youth riders.

Rathbone said "“We get nothing from it other than the pride and satisfaction" which suggests that there is no fee or profits?

Sets a bad precedent so whatever else the BSPA don't do they need to tighten the rules so that it doesn't happen again. Holder should get 28 days irrespective of whether the club gives the blessing it wasn't theirs to give but he'll not of course, despite Chapman's PR rant as it was described. If they tighten the rules then that should be sufficient with a severe reprimand for Rathbone and warning on future conduct. That's as close to doing nothing as they should be able to get away with,

Edited by Crump99

i did not attend the meeting, but generally Peterborough is know for good quality racing, and I don't think that it hold much of an advantage so for keep there fours running at Peterborough, and it is harsh to think that Peterborough had an advantage especially when the release Jack Holder and replace him with Simon Lambert.

My solution would be to

You are kidding right?

The Panthers did the BSPA a favour by running this event and attracting a huge crowd.

£3000 x £20 = £60,000 divided by 10 PL clubs = £6,000 each for doing absolutely nothing.

Edited by Jeremy Corbyn Fan

You are kidding right?

The Panthers did the BSPA a favour by running this event and attracting a huge crowd.

£3000 x £20 = £60,000 divided by 10 PL clubs = £6,000 each for doing absolutely nothing.

Less vat and costs of course, so I doubt very much each club is getting 6k..

You are kidding right?

That's right; no vat to pay, no prize money, no travelling expenses, no insurance, no rent, no officials fees, no temporary, facilities hire, no marketing cost's, no trophies to pay for, no staging fee for the home promotion - all a gift from above - dickhead post

Edited by Whisperer
  • Like 2

Matt Ford does the "no trophies to pay for" economics if I remember correctly

• Like 2

Genuine question from a fan who doesn't know. What does the likes of Peterborough or any staging track get from meetings like this? Obviously parking and tea / bar / food takings, the entrance money will go to the BSPA, who will meet the expenses.

Does a staging track receive a fee for holding the event? Does the staging track have to tender for the event and pay a fee to the BSPA?

Genuine question from a fan who doesn't know. What does the likes of Peterborough or any staging track get from meetings like this? Obviously parking and tea / bar / food takings, the entrance money will go to the BSPA, who will meet the expenses.

Does a staging track receive a fee for holding the event? Does the staging track have to tender for the event and pay a fee to the BSPA?

Tea, Bar and Food at Peterborough is done by the Showground, none of this profit goes to Peterborough Speedway or the BSPA.

• Like 1