British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
gmuncie

Championship Fours 06/08 Peterborough

It's basically given the go ahead for any rider not to bother with any future bspa event, with the clubs blessing obviously.

• Like 1

i did not attend the meeting, but generally Peterborough is know for good quality racing, and I don't think that it hold much of an advantage so for keep there fours running at Peterborough, and it is harsh to think that Peterborough had an advantage especially when the release Jack Holder and replace him with Simon Lambert.

For me there has to be some sort of punishment coming Peterborough's way as they did under value the event by releasing Holder to ride in Poland.

My solution would be to

Keep back 25% of the fee they received for running the event monies to be given to the Ben Fund.

Also 25% of their share of the profits from the meeting and that to be given to the Poultec scheme for British Youth riders.

Rathbone's BSPA licence has been suspended Edited by Midland Red

It's basically given the go ahead for any rider not to bother with any future bspa event, with the clubs blessing obviously.

No, it's worse than that. The promotion gave Jack a leave of absence (for money?).

I am not aware of any Panthers supporter that has any sympathy with either Ged Rathbone or Holder over this matter ,nor am I aware of many if any who would want Holder back under the circumstances .

What fans are concerned about is that any retribution carried out will have the effect of terminating Peterborough Speedway rather than punishing the perpetrators.

• Like 1

I am not aware of any Panthers supporter that has any sympathy with either Ged Rathbone or Holder over this matter

Good job that you don't do Facebook Rodders ;)

Good job that you don't do Facebook Rodders ;)

Glad I do not do facebook , but I have really not spoken to anybody who is in sympathy with either of them

• Like 1

I am not aware of any Panthers supporter that has any sympathy with either Ged Rathbone or Holder over this matter ,nor am I aware of many if any who would want Holder back under the circumstances .

What fans are concerned about is that any retribution carried out will have the effect of terminating Peterborough Speedway rather than punishing the perpetrators.

I don`t think anyone would want to see the end for Peterborough, its a great venue and the home of the 4`s. However when punishing Rathbone its inevitable there will be a knock on effect to the speedway club.

I don`t think anyone would want to see the end for Peterborough, its a great venue and the home of the 4`s. However when punishing Rathbone its inevitable there will be a knock on effect to the speedway club.

Nobody want to see any club close,but you have to ask what was Rathbone thinking when he done this,he must have known the consequences,this is what happens when supporters with money takes over clubs,it has happened at other clubs.

The Fours will have a very dented future if the BSPA don't pay more than a flat £200 for riders to race for. I was flabbergasted to read that this was the case when it was revealed.

The Fours will have a very dented future if the BSPA don't pay more than a flat £200 for riders to race for. I was flabbergasted to read that this was the case when it was revealed.

I think you will find there was a similar problem last year almost to the point of riders refusing to ride.

If the BSPA do not treat the event as a flagship event how can they expect anyone else to?.

There will continue to be more and more non appearances due to 'injuries' etc until the whole event is crippled.

The Jack Holder farce was completely out of order as far as I am concerned but for the BSPA to shout that the 4's is a major event when they obviously dont treat the riders as if its a major event will only lead to more problems in the future.

We pay our money expecting the best entertainment, the BSPA have a responsability to provide the best entertainment and that must surely mean taking steps to ensure that the best riders are riding. Obviously the bullying tactics trying to force riders to ride isnt working so a rethink is needed.

• Like 2

Yes he has

No I wasn't. Why do people make stuff up that never happened?!

Fantastic :lol:

Why is it that people believe everything they are told?! Sorry to disappoint you!!

Ashley Morris takes a nasty pearler, still down and another one bites the dust is played over the PA... bad craic

On a side note... apparently Cookie has just decked jason Pipe

Really?! You obviously weren't in the Pits or looking in to the Pits to see what actually happened, which is why you put apparently! I certainly wasn't decked and I certainly wasn't punched in the face!