British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
gmuncie

Championship Fours 06/08 Peterborough

so holder is now missing from the bspa shared event , the fours .

but alarmingly , rathbone has given him permission to miss the bspa event .

so the way i see it is that holder should have a 28 day ban . maybe even a fine of some sorts .

while rathbone/peterborough could be fined for giving holder permission to miss a bspa event .

OR did the bspa give rathbone permission for holder to miss this event ?

fantastic way to run a sport that relies on punters through the gate .

fans may vote with their feet .

who is the biggest twot of all , holder , rathbone or the bspa .

Edited by jenga
  • Like 2

So Holder missing fours tomorrow, Newcastle on August 13th and Scunthorpe on August 20th. If Peterborough want a facility for the latter two, surely it can only be granted via a 28-day-ban?

All best

Rob

You'd think so.

What a god damn shambles of a sport speedway in the UK has become.

Still, at least I'll be able to rock up at 5 to 2 tomorrow and get a seat in the grandstand.

Big question is - can Max Clegg & Theo Pijper go unbeaten in order for us to win the Fours this year?

And the next biggest one is what is the maximum number of rides a reserve can have in this event?

Might need to keep Joshie P. busy.

So Holder missing fours tomorrow, Newcastle on August 13th and Scunthorpe on August 20th. If Peterborough want a facility for the latter two, surely it can only be granted via a 28-day-ban?

All best

Rob

so holder is now missing from the bspa shared event , the fours .

but alarmingly , rathbone has given him permission to miss the bspa event .

so the way i see it is that holder should have a 28 day ban . maybe even a fine of some sorts .

while rathbone/peterborough could be fined for giving holder permission to miss a bspa event .

OR did the bspa give rathbone permission for holder to miss this event ?

fantastic way to run a sport that relies on punters through the gate .

fans may vote with their feet .

who is the biggest twot of all , holder , rathbone or the bspa .

You'd think so.

What a god damn shambles of a sport speedway in the UK has become.

Still, at least I'll be able to rock up at 5 to 2 tomorrow and get a seat in the grandstand.

It's another nail in the speedway coffin, I'm afraid to say.

taken from statement

Promoter Ged Rathbone said: "We have agreed with Torun that Jack can race for them tomorrow.

"We have to accept that we are simply a stepping stone in the career of a brilliant young rider.

"Jack has been a model professional from our very first phone call to him during the winter. He loves racing for Peterborough and he has already indicated that he wants to be back with us again next year.

"We feel as a club that after last night's result in which Sheffield won at Edinburgh, we will not now make the SGB Championship play-offs this season. Granted, it's still mathematically possible, but we feel it is a slim chance at most.

"Ourselves, Torun and Jack have come to an agreement that suits us all. Torun did initially ask us to release Jack for the rest of 2017, but the rider himself refused that.

"Depending on Torun's results, we will continue to assess the situation going forward. We may be prepared to allow him to race for them on two further Sundays when we ride at Newcastle and Scunthorpe

It is noted that when Poland come knocking, "money talks". Again, an Aussie using us as a stepping stone(Ged's words)

No facility should be given so will have to go with an NL rider as teams have had to do earlier this season

• Like 1

That would be brilliant !!

I think i have made and printed the correct programme file but do not know the race order and how it works to write it in

Cheers

Andy

Hi

Sorry to be a pain have you received your program

Well I have always fully backed Ged but I am not impressed one bit with this decision. What could have been a season saving day has now been ruined and I might not even bother going now. Holder can do one as well..Harris gave up Poland to ride for us..I would rather have riders like that. So Ged has basically given up on the season.. maybe we all should also then.

• Like 3

"Depending on Torun's results, we will continue to assess the situation going forward. We may be prepared to allow him to race for them on two further Sundays when we ride at Newcastle and Scunthorpe

Well that's two fingers stuck up at all Newcastle and Scunthorpe fans then. Not sure how those promotions feel about it either.

This "i'm alright Jack stuff everyone else" attitude is rabidly contagious.

• Like 5

The riders were universally critical of the pay in last years Fours, even threatening not to ride at one point I believe.

I'm sure that helped Jack make his decision. Ride for tuppence in the UK or earn a boat load in Poland?

If he was given a booking sheet by Ged, he's contracted to ride in the 4's. Its not Jack's to withdraw from. Fine and possible ban coming up. Another Holder thinking he can do what he wants to do, whenever he can.

• Like 4

If he was given a booking sheet by Ged, he's contracted to ride in the 4's. Its not Jack's to withdraw from. Fine and possible ban coming up. Another Holder thinking he can do what he wants to do, whenever he can.

Not sure how anyone can prove he was given a booking sheet as the promotion are backing him? What does a booking sheet entail ?

I agree a fine and ban for Holder and I'd fine Ged as well for being disrespectful to the fans (especially Newcastle and Scunthorpe)

• Like 2

I'm sure his parent club in the UK will quickly find a new set of rules that supercede the clearly printed rules which state that missing a BSPA meeting is an automatic 28 day ban.

• Like 3

Not sure how anyone can prove he was given a booking sheet as the promotion are backing him? What does a booking sheet entail ?

I agree a fine and ban for Holder and I'd fine Ged as well for being disrespectful to the fans (especially Newcastle and Scunthorpe)

It's a sheet with contracted bookings on as a reminder where he is required in the following week. Standard documentation.

It's a sheet with contracted bookings on as a reminder where he is required in the following week. Standard documentation.

That stuff must all have been in place as he was named in Panthers 4s team 10 days ago and his image used to advertise the event!

Classic speedway shambles.

That stuff must all have been in place as he was named in Panthers 4s team 10 days ago and his image used to advertise the event!

Classic speedway shambles.

'Lost am I in this speedway world of timelessness and woe' :sad:

• Like 1