British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
gmuncie

Championship Fours 06/08 Peterborough

I'd only have given Cook 20 quid for his efforts today.

Shame, he's got the makings of a good rider, but badly needs to work with a sports psychologist to try and improve his mental ability to be a sportsman.

I was simply sensational Speedway this afternoon.

Some of the races are buzzing round my head.

Thinking about today makes me go orjnfq.gif

As a Witches fan the only team I didn't want to see win it was Peterborough. Congrats to them, home track advantage certainly paid off in the final when the track was super slick.

Couldn't believe what I was watching in the final from the Witches, they looked so good in winning their semi riding the wide lines. For some reason in the final they all started riding the inside line and were getting passed for fun, just don't understand why!!!

After the farce of the Holder situation the fours should be moved from Peterborough to Belle Vue as Rathbone obviously doesn't give a toss about the shared events with his actions. You'll get just as good racing there and no home track advantage apart from a few individuals.

All that needs to be said is well done Peterborough and thank you to every rider that entertained us today. That final was some of the best Ravi g I have ever seen. Just bloody brilliant.

A quick note on the presentation today, you got it bang on. 👍👍👍

• Like 4

Rory Schlein having a moan on Twitter now. "Never again. Bang the 4's up yer ass"

Another annoying whining Aussie..
  • Like 6

After the farce of the Holder situation the fours should be moved from Peterborough to Belle Vue as Rathbone obviously doesn't give a toss about the shared events with his actions. You'll get just as good racing there and no home track advantage apart from a few individuals.

From what I've heard Belle Vue suffers from over officious stewarding. I prefer the wide open spaces at the EOES. You can relax on a picnic chair, bring your own food and drink and move freely around all parts of the stadium.

Another annoying whining Aussie..

I thought he was a Brit nowadays Edited by Shads
  • Like 2

Cheating implies gaining an advantage from an unfair act. In no way can you argue replacing Holder with Lambert was beneficial to their chances.

but you could argue like in league racing they should not have been allowed a replacement for holder whos rides should have been left blank ?

• Like 1

but you could argue like in league racing they should not have been allowed a replacement for holder whos rides should have been left blank ?

The fours format allows you to pick a reserve, Holder could have been named as a starter and Lambert as reserve.

It wouldn't have made a difference as Lambert could have replaced Holder in every single race.

Edited by Jeremy Corbyn Fan

You could argue that, but this wasn't a league fixture, different rules apply.

It seems that Peterborough allowed Holder to race in Poland contrary to the rules of the competition, but by no stretch of the imagination can anyone claim they were attempting to gain an advantage.

• Like 4

I thought they got thro it fairly efficiently. There were times I was still filling in the prog when the next four were at the tapes.

I wasn't there today but they are becoming good at getting on with things. They were out real sharpish at the last couple of league matches. I'm all for it. There is no excuse for unnecessary delays between heats.

• Like 3

Cant actually believe what I am reading here!!!!??

Their number 1 who absolutely flies around Peterborough replaced by a journeyman in Lambert and people are accusing them of cheating!! They were severely weakend.

As for scheiln, another class A whinger and always has been.

• Like 8

I'd only have given Cook 20 quid for his efforts today.

Shame, he's got the makings of a good rider, but badly needs to work with a sports psychologist to try and improve his mental ability to be a sportsman.

I suspect a fair few riders would be happy with £200 a point.

From what I've heard Belle Vue suffers from over officious stewarding. I prefer the wide open spaces at the EOES. You can relax on a picnic chair, bring your own food and drink and move freely around all parts of the stadium.

I thought he was a Brit nowadays

The stewarding isn't quite as bad as that or as it used to be, and Peterborough wouldn't be as much fun if it started raining.

Having said that, after what we saw yesterday why would anyone want to move it from EOES anyway ?

No, he has the correct concept, it is you who has a 'bizarre' concept.

Peterborough knowingly broke the rules. As such they cheated. It isn't even a debate.

You probably didn't notice that Peterborough only had 4 riders out yesterday. Effectively, Holder was in the team and his rides were covered by the reserve.