British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
gmuncie

Championship Fours 06/08 Peterborough

The fours format allows you to pick a reserve, Holder could have been named as a starter and Lambert as reserve.

It wouldn't have made a difference as Lambert could have replaced Holder in every single race.

true

but they didnt do it that way did they

Apparently Cook was pulled up twice after his first two rides for riding through the pits. On the third occasion, Jason tackled him again and Cook lost it and smacked him sending Jason's papers everywhere. Lots of mirth.

Craig Cook only had two rides in the meeting.......

It's very understandable for Peterborough to "agree" for Jack to ride in Poland.

That doesn't make it right.

Where has this £10k figure come from?

Absolute nonsense.

Maybe if other clubs developed riders like Peterborough then they may earn incentives from Torun.

Torun would rather field a donkey than sign any Ipswich rider.

Ipswich need to raise their game.

panthers have developed a lot of riders over the last 2 seasons

i would think theyve had 25 30 to some teams 14 to 18 over the last 2 seasons

No idea of his name but I really enjoyed his work. Might be different if I had to listen to him every week tho.

At Redcar, (aswell as Newcastle and Berwick). We listen to him every week and he is extremely well appreciated there. The only decent thing Havelock did, in his time there, was to get Roy on board.

Peterborough certainly did cheat the paying public.It seems quite likely they were financially compensated,but what about the fans that wanted to see Holder?I know myself that i choose the meetings i want to go to based on which riders are appearing.If Holder is advertised then i expect him to be there unless he is injured........

One of, if not the best 4TT's I've seen. Well organised, minimal delays and lovely weather. Thirty two races for £20. I didn't feel cheated

Edited by Shads
  • Like 6

We, the paying public, were cheated. I'm a neutral and I went to Peterborough yesterday expecting to see the Championship best racing for a major trophy. At the very least, I thought the home side would put out their best. Shame on you Peterborough.

One of, if not the best 4TT's I've seen. Well organised, minimal delays and lovely weather. Thirty two races for £20. I didn't feel cheated

Good for you.Your opinion and right,but you obviously don't speak for everyone.

It's very understandable for Peterborough to "agree" for Jack to ride in Poland.

That doesn't make it right.

Why is it understandable?

Edited by Crump99

Good for you.Your opinion and right,but you obviously don't speak for everyone.

Some people are contrary just for the sake of it. You'd be hard pressed to find a genuine speedway fan who felt "cheated" on Sunday.

Edited by Shads
  • Like 7

I've just ordered the final from cleancuts. You'll struggle to find 12 better heats of speedway this season.

• Like 2

Some people are contrary just for the sake of it. You'd be hard pressed to find a genuine speedway fan who felt "cheated" on Sunday.

Fair enough.Lost my list of 'genuine' fans and thought False Dawn was on it.My bad

Saul was doing that 20 years ago. Wonder what his first nickname was? That's a Panthers quiz question if ever there was one. Or, who was the Golden Bullet? He's on woohaa mode at the moment which is rather unfortunate!

Hans Clausen

• Like 1

Fair enough.Lost my list of 'genuine' fans and thought False Dawn was on it.My bad

I had three thoughts on hearing Holder would be missing:

a.. That's a shame Holder has been fantastic to watch on my previous visits to the Showground this year. Oh well I'll just have to make do with Barker, Wright, Cook, Heeps, Harris, Riss.......

b.. Good it makes the competition more open

c.. I bet there will be pages and pages of bitching about this on the BSF and facebook

• Like 4

I had three thoughts on hearing Holder would be missing:

a.. That's a shame Holder has been fantastic to watch on my previous visits to the Showground this year. Oh well I'll just have to make do with Barker, Wright, Cook, Heeps, Harris, Riss.......

b.. Good it makes the competition more open

c.. I bet there will be pages and pages of bitching about this on the BSF and facebook

It is all fair enough arnieg.Some people on here though never seem to realise there are people with different opinions

Some people watch a great meeting whilst others watching the same meeting think it i boring.It happens on here a bit.I know even i have been to Vojens and had a good time and most of the Danes around me seemed to have an even better time ;) But i get back home and look on the BSF and there are plenty of posts complaining about how poor it was.We have people here who won't go to meetings because of the silly rules and others who like the rules.We had a guy who got made redundant and had a list of riders he wanted to see and travelled around Europe choosing the meetings,so he could cross people off his list.I have been to meetings because of the riders announced only to find they aren't there and also weren't injured etc.I have also since pointed out a few times that particular tracks were announcing riders in their line-ups who were maybe weeks before injured and out for a while!!!!......We all have different goals and opinions.Just still trying to find that list to see if i am a genuine fan though ;)

Edited by iris123
  • Like 1

I really enjoyed the whole day.

As a Poole fan and a Plymouth supporter, I really wanted to see Holder and Starke round there.

I do feel that the Peterborough management team let the fans down by devaluing the meeting by allowing Holder to ride in Poland. However, on the day it actually added to the meeting! If Holder had been there,although no one can be certain, it would most likely have been one way traffic with an easier win for the Panthers.

As it turned out, going into the Final, I thought P'bro were the weakest team there! Certainly Redcar, Sheffield and Ipswich all looked better balanced sides. As it turned out,ALL the Pbro riders rode their collective socks off so full credit to them.

Bomber was pure entertainment all day, Ostergaard produced some stunning moves in the Final, Starke was thereabouts all day, and secured the winning ride. Full credit to Lambert who was deemed the weak link, but came up with some surprising points.

Did I feel cheated? No, because in the end, the racing won the day.After all, thats what I pay my admission money for, NOT the so called bigger names.

• Like 8