British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
gmuncie

Championship Fours 06/08 Peterborough

Oh dear, proof reading isn't something you do well is it? It's a bit rich mocking others when you lack basic skills yourself.

I missed a comma after the number 10, another one after the word loner.

In the second line i missed a comma after the word shocking and after the word young.

In the third sentence i missed a comma after the word meeting.

And if you had actually read my post properly (comma) i was not mocking Corbynfan for his grammar (comma) i was calling him young because he had not got a good grasp of maths (comma) nothing to do with his punctuation (comma) but thanks for your concern (full stop)

Genuine question from a fan who doesn't know. What does the likes of Peterborough or any staging track get from meetings like this? Obviously parking and tea / bar / food takings, the entrance money will go to the BSPA, who will meet the expenses.

Does a staging track receive a fee for holding the event? Does the staging track have to tender for the event and pay a fee to the BSPA?

If I remember correctly the staging promotion gets the costs of holding the event covered. Any profit over and above the costs of running the event will go to the BSPA and will be shared between all of the clubs.

• Like 3

If I remember correctly the staging promotion gets the costs of holding the event covered. Any profit over and above the costs of running the event will go to the BSPA and will be shared between all of the clubs.

Yes. With a 'shared event' the staging costs are reclaimed by the hosting promotion and the profit is put into the BSPA funds and, together with other shared event profits, shared out to all promotions at the AGM.

This is opposed to a bought event when the successful bid goes into the BSPA coffers, and the profit goes to the host promotion.

• Like 1

Yes. With a 'shared event' the staging costs are reclaimed by the hosting promotion and the profit is put into the BSPA funds and, together with other shared event profits, shared out to all promotions at the AGM.

This is opposed to a bought event when the successful bid goes into the BSPA coffers, and the profit goes to the host promotion.

At the risk of sounding ignorant, what is the difference between a "bought" event and a "shared" event? I thought all BSPA events would be shared? Which ones would be "bought?

At the risk of sounding ignorant, what is the difference between a "bought" event and a "shared" event? I thought all BSPA events would be shared? Which ones would be "bought?

Test series would be "bought "

• Like 1

Any one know the latest on the Craig Cook "pits riding" incident?

Considering it's a far worse incident than Chris Holders why has it gone so quiet.

Come on Mr Vatcher answers required.

craig slipped ged a few quid , ged took his cut and passed the rest to vatcher .

everyones happy , even holder .

• Like 2

i was just wondering if peterborough had not won the 4s when jack holder was missing . how would the fans think about him now ?

i was just wondering if peterborough had not won the 4s when jack holder was missing . how would the fans think about him now ?

It would not have changed my view one jot.

were you a for or against jack ?

It is a matter of record that I have no issue with Jack Holder.

However, his absence from the fours (or should we now call it the three's?) remains a matter of some concern. Had Peterborough missed out in the final, there would have been those that said, "Serves you right". My view is that Peterborough's final placing was irrelevant to this discussion. You can't justify the decision regarding Jack by the end result. There are higher principles at stake here. British speedway is a pale shadow of where it once was. But we are hopefully still above simple profit motives. There is honour in victory and defeat. There is a trust between club leadership, the riders and the fans. You meddle with these fundamental ideas at your peril.

• Like 2