British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tocha

Rye House V Wolves Saturday 15th July.

There is no Rob Branford for this one having been ruled out for the season due to a shoulder injury. Ben Morley is the guest replacement. Also I believe Justin Sedgmen is not available resulting from concussion sustained last Monday although there is no mention in the match preview. He missed the Ipswich v Sheffield match on Wednesday. This being the case, only Ben Barker is eligible from the main 1 - 5 meaning three rides will be allocated to reserves so its looking like a busy night for Robbo.

• Like 1

Robbo will have a field day at reserve and should easily score bout 14 points.

Rye to win by 6.

There is no Rob Branford for this one having been ruled out for the season due to a shoulder injury. Ben Morley is the guest replacement. Also I believe Justin Sedgmen is not available resulting from concussion sustained last Monday although there is no mention in the match preview. He missed the Ipswich v Sheffield match on Wednesday. This being the case, only Ben Barker is eligible from the main 1 - 5 meaning three rides will be allocated to reserves so its looking like a busy night for Robbo.

Mentioned on the Wolves site that Sedgmen won't be riding.Going for a narrow away win.
  • Like 1

Sorry to hear the news on Rob Branford; R/R for Justin Sedgmen may weaken the Rockets a tad. Either way it certainly puts the focus on Robbo. Think Wolves may get a bit closer this time, perhaps pick up a point.

Hope the crowd figures are holding up for Rye after taking the plunge into the top flight.

I can only see a big win for wolves. Hope i am wrong though.

You are unbeaten at home in the league at the moment, so no previous evidence to say that's going to change. Can any Rockets fan say how Ben Barker goes at Rye? Wouldn't have thought it was his type of track, as Monmore isn't.

You are unbeaten at home in the league at the moment, so no previous evidence to say that's going to change. Can any Rockets fan say how Ben Barker goes at Rye? Wouldn't have thought it was his type of track, as Monmore isn't.

No were not.. Barker has never pulled up trees round there

No were not.. Barker has never pulled up trees round there

My mistake I forgot about the Belle Vue match, but even then that was only by 2 points. With r/r a huge amount upon how Robson at reserve rides. Should certainly have no problem with Perks and Greaves and that is where our weakness lies........

Should be a comfortable away win for the big spending cup winners, who having spent big to keep their gp superstar spent even bigger when the stupid idea to let skornicki showcase his new engine failed miserably. The home side are weakened with Sedgmen missing (7 points in his last meeting at Rye) and swapping Kennett for Barker is unlikely to make them stronger at home either.

Sounds like an attempt to wind a few people up :D

• Like 1

Should be a comfortable away win for the big spending cup winners, who having spent big to keep their gp superstar spent even bigger when the stupid idea to let skornicki showcase his new engine failed miserably. The home side are weakened with Sedgmen missing (7 points in his last meeting at Rye) and swapping Kennett for Barker is unlikely to make them stronger at home either.

Lindgren has previously stated that Wolves don't pay the best, but they always pay. Hence the loyalty in both directions. As for the Aces didn't they outbid Swindon for Tungate ? I bet they wish they hadn't now.😀

• Like 2

Keep on trolling lol

Belle Vue spent good money to get Tungate over Swindon..............hows that going??

Oh and Lindgren isnt on big money.....far less than Zagar was on lol

Keep on trolling lol

Belle Vue spent good money to get Tungate over Swindon..............hows that going??

Oh and Lindgren isnt on big money.....far less than Zagar was on lol

You really are an idiot FFS.. why do you always feel the need to respond

• Like 1

Gavan,

You do talk some sense but honestly, why o why do you ALWAYS respond to Shovlar and his scrooges, you know they post to get reactions from you and every time you rise too it. Do us all a favour and put them on ignore, you never know, you might enjoy spending time on the site instead of replying to the 'trolls' as you say.

With Steve and his posts, he does speak sense most of Time but he also knows how to make people bite!

Looking forward to my first trip to Rye this year. However, I'm sure it'll feel strange not having Shadders there. So, as a mark of respect, I will be wearing a whistle around my neck just as he always did.

• Like 1

Looking forward to my first trip to Rye this year. However, I'm sure it'll feel strange not having Shadders there. So, as a mark of respect, I will be wearing a whistle around my neck just as he always did.

Not as strange as it feels for me ☹️️

At least I'll be able to proudly wear the Rye House colours at Berwick this evening

Edited by Shads