British Speedway Forum
The Observer

Leicester Lions Vs Swindon Robins 17/07/17

Btsport have had a real steal off Sky. Nearly all the meetings so far have been eventful, although in this case not always for the right reasons. Fingers crossed the withdrawan riders are able to ride again soon.

Have there been any crap meetings on Sky/Eurosport/BT Sport in the last 2 season? It's been two good season IMO. Proof that the core sport, 4 riders doing 4 laps is as great as it's ever been - it's the politics that are killing it!

Under what circumstances can the IRR rule be used ?

Rider gets injured in his first 2 rides and the team is not already using R/R.

How unlucky can Leicester be. Everything against them tonight 👎🏻

Haha Rosco says people shouldn't write his team off. He's been against a 4 man team most the meeting. He should be doing well against a team with only 3 riders in races

Why unlucky as they were stronger with r/r, didn't go for a no 8 & had a rider injured by one of their own riders??.

Swindon took advantage of Leicester's mistakes.

• Like 2

Why unlucky as they were stronger with r/r, didn't go for a no 8 & had a rider injured by one of their own riders??.

Swindon took advantage of Leicester's mistakes.

Agreed, Nilsson and King didn't step up enough, after a sterling 28pts from the reserves

• Like 2

Leicester lost due to that stupid T/R that and the G/P JOKER are all wrong it should always be 3 for a win 2 for 2nd and 1 for 3rd and no more This is something i have always believed in'

ask those riders who got injured what they thought of the track

nothing there to make me drive to Leicester for a meeting

• Like 2

Don't be such a prat to suggest he would fencing anyone. Clearly he is not perhaps spatially aware but I don't believe any of those moves were deliberate. Accidents happen.

One question for Leicester though. Why are all the track staff standing there looking at Pawel laying on the track, I counted at least half dozen at one point. FFS give the rider and the ambulance staff space you moronic ghouls.

Accidents can be avoided.

ask those riders who got injured what they thought of the track

nothing there to make me drive to Leicester for a meeting

Newman rode into another rider

Pawel rode into/was ridden into

Batch was ridden into

Nilsson rode into another rider

That leaves Adam Ellis as a rider who lifted but was that the track or the rider? No other riders appeared to struggle.

Rider gets injured in his first 2 rides and the team is not already using R/R.

Were they not using RR for Bates?

There's a couple of people I would like to thank for tonight's entertainment.

Firstly, Jim Lynch on gifting the Robins 3 valuable points. Riss gets you out of all sorts of trouble in heat 14 only for you to call 2 and 4 in 15. Stevie Wonder could have done a better job tbh.

Secondly, well done to Muesli. Looks a steal on 4.53 and gives us a much more solid look to the team. If he can work out Blunsdon quickly we might have a team that could cause some damage in the play offs, should we get there.

Finally, to Bet365 for the gift of +2 Musielak v Przedepelski. Much appreciated fellas.

• Like 1

Finally, to Bet365 for the gift of +2 Musielak v Przedepelski. Much appreciated fellas.

That and the nice people at Skybet offering Riss as meetings top scoring at 10/1. As a result I've seen a great meeting and won a fortune. If Carlsberg did Monday nights!

Never come away from a meeting with such conflicting feelings... The racing tonight was possibly the best I've ever seen at Leicester. The effort the boys put in was incredible, Lasse and Erik were amazing at reserve, beating heat leaders, excellent passing. Erik in heat 14, to put everything behind him, when he was so visibly shaken and take the 3 points was just unbelievable! But to lose in such circumstances was gut wrenching. From where I was, to disqualify Nilsson seemed such a bizarre decision (but I could be wrong). But I just can't stop worrying about Pawel- has anyone heard any news? One of the worst crashes I've seen live. (Incidently, all the bad crashes at Leicester seem to be in televised meetings- Michelsen and Woffinden have both been over the fence in TV meetings before, from memory). Also, to lose Kyle so early on was a massive shame, can't wait to watch him get going in Lions colours. Thoughts are with Pawel and his injury, and Erik as it can't be easy having been out there at the time (seems harsh to suggest Erik intentionally fenced him)

• Like 1

Were they not using RR for Bates?

There's a couple of people I would like to thank for tonight's entertainment.

Firstly, Jim Lynch on gifting the Robins 3 valuable points. Riss gets you out of all sorts of trouble in heat 14 only for you to call 2 and 4 in 15. Stevie Wonder could have done a better job tbh.

Secondly, well done to Muesli. Looks a steal on 4.53 and gives us a much more solid look to the team. If he can work out Blunsdon quickly we might have a team that could cause some damage in the play offs, should we get there.

The riders would have chosen the gates not Jim you donut 😜