British Speedway Forum
The Observer

Leicester Lions Vs Swindon Robins 17/07/17

Never come away from a meeting with such conflicting feelings... The racing tonight was possibly the best I've ever seen at Leicester. The effort the boys put in was incredible, Lasse and Erik were amazing at reserve, beating heat leaders, excellent passing. Erik in heat 14, to put everything behind him, when he was so visibly shaken and take the 3 points was just unbelievable! But to lose in such circumstances was gut wrenching. From where I was, to disqualify Nilsson seemed such a bizarre decision (but I could be wrong). But I just can't stop worrying about Pawel- has anyone heard any news? One of the worst crashes I've seen live. (Incidently, all the bad crashes at Leicester seem to be in televised meetings- Michelsen and Woffinden have both been over the fence in TV meetings before, from memory). Also, to lose Kyle so early on was a massive shame, can't wait to watch him get going in Lions colours. Thoughts are with Pawel and his injury, and Erik as it can't be easy having been out there at the time (seems harsh to suggest Erik intentionally fenced him)

Absolutely the correct decision to disqualify Nilsson.

PP - possible broken ankle according to BT.

That and the nice people at Skybet offering Riss as meetings top scoring at 10/1. As a result I've seen a great meeting and won a fortune. If Carlsberg did Monday nights!

Why not share it before the meeting on the betting thread.After all we all want to beat the bookies

• Like 1

The riders would have chosen the gates not Jim you donut 😜

What does that say about the Leicester riders then...? 🤔😛😎

What a cracking meeting, accidents aside.

Thought Leicester have a good setup and track gave plenty of racing.

Unbelievable luck for the Lions, but I did enjoy Morris, especially his rides in heats 13 + 15.

Nearly as good as a Bandits meeting 😊

Absolutely the correct decision to disqualify Nilsson.

PP - possible broken ankle according to BT.

Thanks, as I say, from my view point, looked like Nilsson was on the outside and they could have at least brought all 4 back. But I'll take your word for it!

Heard that Pawel has suspected ligament damage, but they're taking him to hospital for Xrays to check if there's any bone damage. Really hope it's not as bad as the accident looked, would love to see Pawel racing for Leicester again this season

That and the nice people at Skybet offering Riss as meetings top scoring at 10/1. As a result I've seen a great meeting and won a fortune. If Carlsberg did Monday nights!

I had that bet as well.

Went down to 11/2 in the end. I got 10/1

Afraid Leicester Lions lost that meeting not because of Erik Riss fencing Pavel Przedpelski ( racing incident ), not because Lasse Bjerre gifted a point when he would have at least come second after falling off, not because Newman was injured and Bates was already out but because when we needed our Nos 1 & 5 to come to the races in Ht 13 and 15 we were found wanting ! ( Ht 13 1-5 and Ht 15 1-5 - not good enough from the top two despite their obvious effort :cry::cry::cry:

Afraid Leicester Lions lost that meeting not because of Erik Riss fencing Pavel Przedpelski ( racing incident ), not because Lasse Bjerre gifted a point when he would have at least come second after falling off, not because Newman was injured and Bates was already out but because when we needed our Nos 1 & 5 to come to the races in Ht 13 and 15 we were found wanting ! ( Ht 13 1-5 and Ht 15 1-5 - not good enough from the top two despite their obvious effort :cry::cry::cry:

No, a team manager who put a reserve in heat 8 allowing you to go 10 up and into TR territory. Should have left him out of that one, only been 6 up, no TR and then the reserve goes in heat 14. Then failed to tell your reserve in heat 9 to fit behind the Swindon rider so you were only 9 up, meaning no TR in heat 10.

Your team manager was totally inept tonight.

Morris rode like a man possessed in 13 and 15. Tough to beat in that form.

Number 8 would have been handy for Lions tonight.

• Like 1

Too much dirt on outside, not enough on the inside.

Rider need to be taught about being aware where other riders are, and that leads on to team riding - the art has completely gone.

Do hope the injured riders are not too bad.

Shame Leicester lost in the end, better team for much of the match, just lost out at the end due to lack of riders.

^^ This. Watched at mates house, felt for Leicester they really battled but it just wasn't their night. Swindon won in then but under circrumstances would surley have expected to win by more. Reminded me a bit of when Hull lost by 7 at Wimbledon in 1979 with 5 riders (4 regulars + 1 guest), after 3 infamous no-shows. Plenty of incedents to maintain interest, big shame for the riders who crashed....

Another fantastic win for Swindon after being 11 points down, unlucky Leicester. Superb last heat 5-1. Well done Toby and Morra.

And the Robins move into 4th.

One consolation for Leicester is the performance of their reserves. If they can get the 1-5 performing, they will be a hard team to beat as they probably have the strongest reserve pairing in the league now.

• Like 1

Congratulation to Swindon but one has to feel sorry for Leicester, who gifted Swindon the opportunity to win. This match could have been over by heat 12 had it not been for bad luck... and inept team managing... Leicester's Team Manager was probably the worst I've seen . Some of his decisions were unbelievable.

You win some and you lose some. For 12 heats Swindon were second best......

Swindon were not great and were really fortunate i will take that though and with Poole having a great win Wednesday's meeting is not as vital as it could of been.The track i think the potential is there to be a decent one as a spectacle certainly if you were a neutral you would of enjoyed the meeting.Swindon we have a few home meetings coming up so the play/offs are all to play for and over two legs we are in with a shout.Musielak was superb not a surprise to me because a Polish lad i worked with had mechanicked for him and told me just how good he was and that was in his Wolves year.On his average he is a steal but that ride to beat King under pressure was quality also Nick and Batch were great value Batch back as a robin in the future dont bet against it.

• Like 2