British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Brummies_Ste

Mildenhall V Birmingham Sun 16th July

MILDENHALL: Connor Mountain, Jordan Jenkins, Jon Armstrong, Danno Verge, Dan Halsey, Matt Marson, TBC.

BIRMINGHAM: Jack Parkinson-Blackburn, Layne Cupitt, David Mason R/R, Connor Coles, Liam Carr, Lewis Whitmore, Taylor Hampshire.

Magic was a strange choice for the brummies, he always seems to miss a few meetings.

Edited by cityrebel

At least Birmingham care enough to preview this meeting, still nothing on Mildenhall website less than 24 hrs before the event.

Does anyone know if the above listed riders will actually line up in those orders please?

We were saying to ourselves last week Mason won't ride. Sure enough

At least Birmingham care enough to preview this meeting, still nothing on Mildenhall website less than 24 hrs before the event.

Does anyone know if the above listed riders will actually line up in those orders please?

People do have other jobs unfortunately. It's all done on a voluntary basis. I'm guessing with our lineup not fully known until today there wasn't anything published. Kean Dicken is the other reserve for Mildenhall.

Why does it matter about the riding order out of interet.Hope you're not 1 of these people who print out a programme to save buying 1 lol

Edited by adz_mft

Yes I do print score sheets in advance I'm afraid but it's not about saving money. I never read them any more, very little info, far too many pages full of adverts and a conflict years ago elsewhere about full price expected for a 6 week old rain off programme.

I just don't buy them anymore when all I need is the scoresheet.

Slightly sidetrack, it would appear that various weather forecasts are potentially predicting some of the wet stuff today.

Anyway local updates would be appreciated please?

• Like 1

I must admit with most clubs I would agree with you that the programmes are basically just a scoresheet anyway, but will still always buy one, especially as Eastie always have loads too read

Is the prog the same price at Eastie, I heard a whisper it might be going up. I missed last night because I was at rye v wolves.

Yes I do print score sheets in advance I'm afraid but it's not about saving money. I never read them any more, very little info, far too many pages full of adverts and a conflict years ago elsewhere about full price expected for a 6 week old rain off programme.

I just don't buy them anymore when all I need is the scoresheet.

Slightly sidetrack, it would appear that various weather forecasts are potentially predicting some of the wet stuff today.

Anyway local updates would be appreciated please?

As long as signal allows I'll try and keep the weather updates on here like last time. Just overcast right now with the sun popping out every now and again. Hopefully will be fine for today

Whitmore for Birmingham and Dicken for Mildenhall?? They're the wrong way round if this is team speedway! Guests are bad enough but necessary but when riders have been part of the team and are now racing against that team! Anyway I thought Whitmore was covering for Woods anyway so I thought Mildenhall had booked him until he was fit.

Whitmore for Birmingham and Dicken for Mildenhall?? They're the wrong way round if this is team speedway! Guests are bad enough but necessary but when riders have been part of the team and are now racing against that team! Anyway I thought Whitmore was covering for Woods anyway so I thought Mildenhall had booked him until he was fit.

Must admit I thought it was odd that Whitmore was riding for Birmingham in this one myself when I saw the Brummies website.

Can only happen in Speedway.

Still hoping for a good meeting though, I'm reliably informed the last couple at West Row have been cracking ones.

• Like 3

Whitmore agreed to this fixture ages ago apparently. He did ask to change but the scb said he couldn't do so.

Yes the last 2 have been crackers. Hoping with the overcast conditions it won't dry the track out that much like it would with the sun. Looking forward to this meeting

Edited by adz_mft

.Hope you're not 1 of these people who print out a programme to save buying 1 lol

The hallmark of a 21st Century British speedway fan is one who complains that admission prices are too high and people should be let in for free, who print their own score sheets rather than being fleeced by what they think is the extortionate price of an official programme, one who supports his or her team from the comfort of their armchair, with the Updates site on their laptop, and one who will search the internet high and low for free video streams to avoid having to pay for SkySports or BT Sports subscriptions.

So what were you expecting?

Whitmore agreed to this fixture ages ago apparently. He did ask to change but the scb said he couldn't do so.

Yes the last 2 have been crackers. Hoping with the overcast conditions it won't dry the track out that much like it would with the sun. Looking forward to this meeting

Thanks for the information. How Birmingham knew they needed someone when Roberts only got hurt last week is beyond me. That's crazy if the SCB wouldn't let him swap though as Whitmore has been representing MFT for well over a month now.

• Like 1

Thanks for the information. How Birmingham knew they needed someone when Roberts only got hurt last week is beyond me. That's crazy if the SCB wouldn't let him swap though as Whitmore has been representing MFT for well over a month now.

Im guessing maybe they were intending to use him in place of the other reserve, as for the result a lot will depend on Marson, but if he has been given a 5 point average then Im guessing he will be in the Top 5, the reserves will decide the outcome of this, and by Brum not using Dicken i think that tells you who Dreary thinks is the stronger, i think Brum will win this..