Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Brummies_Ste

Mildenhall V Birmingham Sun 16th July

Thanks for the information. How Birmingham knew they needed someone when Roberts only got hurt last week is beyond me. That's crazy if the SCB wouldn't let him swap though as Whitmore has been representing MFT for well over a month now.

Roberts broke his collarbone some weeks ago. He tried to ride last week but found that he had merely aggravated it. that is why he dropped out.

Five guests - not exactly a good advert for NL speedway.

Hold my hand up i got it wrong, yeah the Brum reserves won it 15-7 but lost out everywhere else, well done Mildenhall a big win in there efforts to make the Play Offs.

Great win for us. Expected it to be a lot closer. Looking forward to getting our full 1-7 back next meeting.

5 guests and RR, if people are happy with that then fair enough. Good job some are really.

Sometimes you don't have a choice. Nobody wants to see guests and rr.

Well there's the problem with speedway these days.

So imagine you've taken a newbie along today, how do you explain that away?

I agree, nobody wants it, but it happens and it's hurting the sport, as is doubling and tripling up.

At NL level there should be kids to at least fill the RR places and that should be the rule, if it is indeed a development league

Guests have been a bugbear since even before I became a fan in 1970 (I have a ton of 1960s Speedway mags so I know) and I'm afraid that problem will never be solved, unfortunately.

Well there's the problem with speedway these days.

So imagine you've taken a newbie along today, how do you explain that away?

I agree, nobody wants it, but it happens and it's hurting the sport, as is doubling and tripling up.

At NL level there should be kids to at least fill the RR places and that should be the rule, if it is indeed a development league

Guests have been a bugbear since even before I became a fan in 1970 (I have a ton of 1960s Speedway mags so I know) and I'm afraid that problem will never be solved, unfortunately.

Adz is right.

For a start, only one rider (Bacon) was missing due to riding for another club.

Secondly, there simply aren't enough junior riders - especially competitive junior riders - out there to fill all the gaps. Not how it should be, but how it is. Watching the meeting yesterday - and no disrespect to the lad - Kean Dicken was only just about of a sufficient standard. The number of guest bookings that the likes of Alex Spooner has had this season simply emphasises that point.

It shouldn't be the case that NL meetings are packed with guests, but I really don't see any other option.

The meeting itself was decent enough and I am not sure whether Mildenhall were good or Birmingham poor - a little of each, I suspect. Parkinson-Blackburn and Carr were particularly disappointing and the Brummies were saved from a real thumping by the performance of Taylor Hampshire. Impressive enough even if he looked like a novice when he missed the gate.

Guest GiveusaB

It is what it is these days....I feel for the 'loyal' fans that make the long journey's to watch a load of cr#p !

I personally don't waste my money anymore....I go to the home meetings and put my away funds towards a few GP's !

The BSPA will never get the product right imo !