British Speedway Forum
SCB

Buster Chapman - Is He Good For The Sport?

Tried to screw over BV. Tried to steal a BV rider despite all clubs agreeing not to. More of a hindrance than a help to Coventry. Took the BSPA pile of cash to move in the EL in 2011 leaving Peterborough and Coventry in a mess. Since taking over as BSPA chairman the sport has kept the fans in the dark more than ever and seemingly lurched from farce to farce. As for the mess Lynn are currently in, NL club closing during the season and the Premiership team/club being a mess.

Just what good as he done for the sport?

Tried to screw over BV. Tried to steal a BV rider despite all clubs agreeing not to. More of a hindrance than a help to Coventry. Took the BSPA pile of cash to move in the EL in 2011 leaving Peterborough and Coventry in a mess. Since taking over as BSPA chairman the sport has kept the fans in the dark more than ever and seemingly lurched from farce to farce. As for the mess Lynn are currently in, NL club closing during the season and the Premiership team/club being a mess.

He rode at Oxford in their junior team...if that counts!

Edited by steve roberts

He doesn't exactly come across as intelligent or inspire confidence, then again, the new league set-up and junior development set-up are still in early days and they are an attempt to change and hopefully better things.... I just wish he'd make Kings Lynn into a good race track.

He doesn't exactly come across as intelligent or inspire confidence, then again, the new league set-up and junior development set-up are still in early days and they are an attempt to change and hopefully better things.... I just wish he'd make Kings Lynn into a good race track.

Does anyone in speedway come across as intelligent!!??

• Like 3

Think you've said it all without actually saying it..

Does anyone in speedway come across as intelligent!!??

John Berry did but when he stood in becoming 'Speedway's First Chief Executive' he later withdrew because he felt that he wouldn't get the backing of the BL Management Committee and it's members.

• Like 1

John Berry did but when he stood in becoming 'Speedway's First Chief Executive' he later withdrew because he felt that he wouldn't get the backing of the BL Management Committee and it's members.

herein lies the problem even now

• Like 1

I get the feeling everyone sits around the table at the Committee meetings with a loaded pistol aimed at their own foot.........

• Like 1

I get the feeling everyone sits around the table at the Committee meetings with a loaded pistol aimed at their own foot.........

They must have an endless supply of ammunition .

• Like 2

Can't wait to see Jonathan Chapman's reply tho SCB's opening post.

They must have an endless supply of ammunition .

I understood it mainly involved knives in backs.

I understood it mainly involved knives in backs.

I think the ammunition is for shooting themselves in the foot.

The Knives are reserved strictly for the opposition.. :D

• Like 2

I thought they all had shotguns because that way they cant just shoot themselves in the foot ............ they blow the bloody thing off. :lol:

Buster was excellent at being a Big Fish in a Little Pond ( KL and the area ) he developed the Saddlebow Road stadium into a great local facility. He does not have the diplomatic skills and "deal" skills required to develop the whole sport via his role within the BSPA. In particular he does not have the communication skills to get the supporters nationwide behind his ideas. He is too thin skinned and sees contributions from other people as not having any merit - when in fact good ideas often come from feedback from those who are interested enough to offer it. Needs to listen more, consider the available options more and think through the likely outcomes ( i.e. averages this season, doubling up etc ) and how they will impact on the sport before deciding that THIS is the way forward.

That is the BSPA as a whole and not only Buster.

• Like 1

He's doing a job nobody else wants, would you really want to deal with the other Promoters on a daily basis, who only want to con, lie, cheat or steal, and that's on a good day.

Edited by Lord Skid
  • Like 3