British Speedway Forum
SCB

Buster Chapman - Is He Good For The Sport?

Buster the facts:

1. Has he done well with the King's Lynn stadium, making it multi use & sustainable? YES 100%.

2. Has he the ability to produce a good race track for good racing? YES 100%.

3. Has he in the last few years delivered some horrendous track surfaces not fit for racing on such a fast circuit? Your answers please!

From reading comments on this Thread - the answer must be Yes. 100%

From reading comments on this Thread - the answer must be Yes. 100%

Yes he has proven himself to be not a great custodian of the sport at KL for whatever reasons. Those reasons that only he knows and is never likely to reveal. Perhaps a rating overall of 60%?

Nothing against Buster personally, but the head of the BSPA shouldn't be involved with any speedway team, in my opinion.

• Like 7

Nothing against Buster personally, but the head of the BSPA shouldn't be involved with any speedway team, in my opinion.

Agreed

Maybe why Kings Lynn is so poor this year.. Buster not having 100% commitment devoted to the Stars like other years

I couldn't agree more.

I agree.If it was Ford everyone would be up in arms..Not that Buster is on the fiddle,but when you give so much time to the cause and your own club in in trouble,it must be to much.

• Like 1

How can the head of an association named for and entirely made up of Speedway Promoters not be involved with a team?

I can understand the argument for having an independent head of the SCB but impossible in the BSPA.

Answer to the thread

NO

I thought it was a great acquisition but it's just not worked for him sadly

Answer to the thread

NO

I thought it was a great acquisition but it's just not worked for him sadly

So he should resign forthwith. He's clearly not as clever as first thought.

Edited by Starman2006

How can the head of an association named for and entirely made up of Speedway Promoters not be involved with a team?

The NFL and MLB Commissioners are not associated with any team, despite being appointed by the league members. So it can be done.

The sticking point would be the ability of the BSPA to pay such a person.

• Like 1

National Football League and Major League Baseball are surely SCB equivalents not the National Football League owners association for example which wouldn't have members who weren't owners by it's very nature.

National Football League and Major League Baseball are surely SCB equivalents not the National Football League owners association for example which wouldn't have members who weren't owners by it's very nature.

I'd say those leagues are much closer to the BSPA model than the SCB. The SCB is more like the FA compared to the Premier League - it's an oversight body with some representatives being appointed by the Premier League, but others by other interests.

MLB was formerly an oversight body for much of professional baseball, but merged into a single corporate entity some years ago. The Commissioner has always been elected by the major league clubs though.

Buster Might be good for the Kings Lynn Stars if he is committed to them but clearly not after the shambles this season.. sort it out!!