British Speedway Forum
SCB

Buster Chapman - Is He Good For The Sport?

If there was any doubt then I think events this week have proved the answer is a no. Can't argue with the decision to sack Holder and Batchelor and I'll give him credit for standing up to them but the timing of it? To have the head of the BSPA acting in such a spiteful way is concerning, and the way Gomolski seems to have been treated is shocking and suggests he's completely untrustworthy also.

• Like 1

Can't imagine the Holder and Batchelor situation was dealt with as it was without the agreement of at least the majority of the PL promoters.

I think Chapman is one of the better people that have held the post over the past couple of decades having seen some of the others in action.

• Like 2

time to get real and accept where we are in the entertainment pecking order, you could take yr other half for a meal or pictures for less than 2 tix for Brough

Sounds to me like a good argument for keeping speedway admission prices at present levels and leaving the other half at home.

Edited by Aces51

Sounds to me like a good argument for keeping speedway admission prices at present levels and leaving the other half at home.

how?

Looking at the ongoing shambles at Leicester tonight, where the line ups are not known until the day of the meeting. I'd say superman couldn't save speedway in this country!.

• Like 1

Looking at the ongoing shambles at Leicester tonight, where the line ups are not known until the day of the meeting. I'd say superman couldn't save speedway in this country!.

I thought Buster would be the right man to get speedway at least on a sure footing and start to build towards the future, I was wrong, in fact of anything its more of a shambles now than before so I don`t see Buster lasting after this years AGM. Thing is suitable people to take over and make the much needed changes aren`t exactly thick on the ground.

• Like 2

Can't imagine the Holder and Batchelor situation was dealt with as it was without the agreement of at least the majority of the PL promoters.

I think Chapman is one of the better people that have held the post over the past couple of decades having seen some of the others in action.

But we shouldn't have to imagine.

At least we should know how and by who the decision to approve the new KL line up was made.

The lack of transparency is shocking.

• Like 2

But we shouldn't have to imagine.

At least we should know how and by who the decision to approve the new KL line up was made.

The lack of transparency is shocking.

Can't see how it would make much difference to the majority to be honest. Whoever did it would be slated by some and praised by others but the decision is already made.

He should step down now or be removed at the end of season conference by the other promoters who make up the BSPA. They should hire someone to oversee the sport or admit that it is just seeing out it's last days as a professional sport that has lost it's credibility.

The appointment of Buster Chapman as Chairman of the BSPA has genuinely made things worse - that what it looks like from the outside at least. Bereft of sensible ideas that would tempt some old fans back and more new ones to give the sport a try. Nothing has happened , so far, on his watch , that improves speedway or shows it in a better light. It has not just been "shot in the foot" again it is writhing around in it's death throes. Thankfully no-one outside the sport hears of the latest insanities because the media ignores the existence of speedway,

• Like 1

BEGINNING to think you are right.

Premiership tracks bemoan the lack of meetings at times yet arrange some when the opposition is likely to be without key men. One has to wonder at times whether that is deliberate but surely those who pay to get in want to see full-strength teams whenever possible.

Perhaps there were extenuating circumstances that I am unaware of, but why did Belle Vue go to Somerset on a Friday that clashed with the Danish Championship. Surely that could have been avoided or am I being naive?

Edited by PHILIPRISING

Premiership tracks bemoan the lack of meetings at time yet arrange some when the opposition is likely to be without key men. One has to wonder at times whether that is deliberate but surely those who pay to get in what to see full-strength teams whenever possible.

Perhaps there were extenuating circumstances that I am unaware of, but why did Belle Vie go to Somerset on a Friday that clashed with the Danish Championship. Surely that could have been avoided or am I being naive?

Its hard to figure out how they could mess up the fixture list so badly,Teams going weeks without meetings!!! Then still visiting Teams are still not full strength .You couldn't make it up.

Premiership tracks bemoan the lack of meetings at time yet arrange some when the opposition is likely to be without key men. One has to wonder at times whether that is deliberate but surely those who pay to get in what to see full-strength teams whenever possible.

Perhaps there were extenuating circumstances that I am unaware of, but why did Belle Vie go to Somerset on a Friday that clashed with the Danish Championship. Surely that could have been avoided or am I being naive?

The fixture planning is shambolic and is one of the main causes for riders missing.

The Leicester kings Lynn meeting though I think is a rare exception to that rule. Not sure Leicester could have foreseen that KL would ditch holder and batch and replace them with riders who would be unavailable, that Kai would make the euros or Lambert be injured. Or that such inadequate cover would be arranged. KL fault not Leicester's or the fixture planners.

Think it is hard to put all the blame on Buster, he's working with a committee who stab him in the back at the blink of a eye.Self interest rules as usual.

STRONG statement from Buster Chapman and the BSPA regarding Peterborough's decision to release Jack Holder to race in Poland rather than here this afternoon.

But one wonders what sanctions the BSPA can inflict upon the Peterborough management for blatantly ignoring the rules.

I can recall many years ago when the SCB were strong and had Michael Limb as Chairman, he told me that discipline was easy to impose upon tracks when they were making buckets full of money and wouldn't risk losing their licence but almost impossible when any serious fine could cause them to shut their doors.

STRONG statement from Buster Chapman and the BSPA regarding Peterborough's decision to release Jack Holder to race in Poland rather than here this afternoon.

But one wonders what sanctions the BSPA can inflict upon the Peterborough management for blatantly ignoring the rules.

I can recall many years ago when the SCB were strong and had Michael Limb as Chairman, he told me that discipline was easy to impose upon tracks when they were making buckets full of money and wouldn't risk losing their licence but almost impossible when any serious fine could cause them to shut their doors.

That's true and anything imposed shouldn't punish the fans (the promoter seems very adept at that already).

• Like 2