British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tellboy

King's Lynn V Rye House 19/07/17

Been dry all day,some sun and breezy.

Apparently somebody at the stadium has spilt a can of coke, this constitutes a puddle so the rain off was justified after all.

To be honest if Batchelor got away with his pretend injury and walkout without some form of repercussion it would be a travesty. Looks like Buster believes like the rest of us that Batchelor wasn't injured at all and has hopefully shown him the door. Batchelor is not currently injured so no reason why he wouldn't be riding.

Looks like heads have rolled after last weeks debacle.

You obviously didn't see his crash Monday,the one in which Nilsson ended up breaking his arm.

What repercussion do you expect Shanes should get for pretty much the same scenario.

Been dry all day,some sun and breezy.

If that's the case then a wasted opportunity to get a meeting on and re engage with the fans and explain where the club currently stands. My gut tells me there is more to this than meets the eye, who knows if some of the other team members were refusing to ride because of last week's events and holders ban. Maybe Rob has resigned and there is no team manager to replace Dale.

Whatever the reason it pains me to say but Rye House have a strong case in claiming for the points to be awarded to them.

Whilst Lynn have cancelled on sunny days in the past, it seemed at least they always had a reason, such as a power failure. However it now seems they don't even need to find a reason...

If the SCB do not follow this up with an enquiry and publish their findings then the WHOLE sport has lost whatever credibility it had remaining and we will see a quicker demise than anyone expected.

I feel totally gutted, things have certainly gone from bad to worse in the sport in the past 12 months and i would expect supporters and sponsors from up and down the country to soon wash their hands completely.

Every club should be very afraid of what has happened here over the past week.

Edited by jchapman
  • Like 9

Robert Lambert has retweeted someone who post KL are the biggest laughing stock in Speedway.

No more Lambert at Lynn after this season. Another rider who has had enough.

Something big must of happened behind the scenes at KL.

Financial Issues? Riders not being paid?

Don't think this is all down to the track.

• Like 1

Robert Lambert has retweeted someone who post KL are the biggest laughing stock in Speedway.

See post above, my gut is telling me more than this than meets the eye and this tweet certainly seems to suggest that.

KL were bossing the Premier League in the mid to late 2000's, but what a laughing stock they've become... I don't take any pleasure in saying that. I've no idea what's going on behind the scenes there. The lack of response from the club is worrying. Does anybody there give a toss anymore?

Edited by Shads

Steve Jenson needs to put in a complaint and ask for this to be investigated. After the wind off & this, it can't be defended. What a disgrace to the sport.

• Like 1

Apparently somebody at the stadium has spilt a can of coke, this constitutes a puddle so the rain off was justified after all.

Elf & Safety - always a winner. Fans of the Stars at KLS always ( in recent years ) the Losers. I too think nah there is a lot more hidden away for Reasons Not To be Cheerful.

Understand your thoughts but if it was Financial it doesn't make sense. Own their own Stadium so they get all the funds plus the additional Food and Drink money. If they can't make a go of it then How do the likes of Poole and Wolverhampton survive when they are paying rental fees. Just think they have at least three bad eggs riding for them and that runs like poison through the team. Reckon with Schlein and Iversen in the team it would be a much happier place but thats an outsiders opinion as they are not my club

Reckon with Schlein and Iversen in the team it would be a much happier place but thats an outsiders opinion as they are not my club

Schlein fell out with Chapman in similar circumstances last year and isn't welcome back at Lynn.

Buster has spent a lot of money on the stadium.Other forms of motorsport use the stadium..I might be wrong but i'd be surprised if it is a money thing.

• Like 2

Remember when BV called a meeting off for no reason and blamed a burst pipe? They got a fine and point deduction, will Kings Lynn get the same?

Just checked weather on my phone and says kings Lynn is still dry and hot and not expecting any rain until tomorrow. Can anyone local confirm what the weather is like at present?

Been a mile from the track all evening and not a spot of rain. There hasn't even been enough sun for a sun delay.

Remember when BV called a meeting off for no reason and blamed a burst pipe? They got a fine and point deduction, will Kings Lynn get the same?

No

A fine, points deduction and not allowed to call off a meeting for 2 years without the permission of an SCB track inspector. Has to be the same for King's Lynn.

• Like 1