British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
BobC

Plymouth V Belle Vue Colts, Thursday 20/07/17

Colts must fancy their chances in this one. Both Bewley and Bickley rode superbly in the recent U19's down here. Smith was there or thereabouts too, including a fall.

I knew Bewley would be good, but was immensely impressed with Bickley. He not only beat a very quick JPB, but actually out rode him. Very clever moves and positioning on the bike proved better than sheer speed. Real speedway and he became a favourite of mine right there and then!

Devils will have to be on top form to get anything from this.

Looking forward to this one.

Edited by BobC

Will be good for whoever goes, but remember its team racing and from what I have seen of Bickley, he rides better when on his own. Also will be up against a two very good riders and also Benji should add some competition for the Belle Vue riders.

Edited by Moleman27

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the Updates site? If so, could you please send me a private message which includes a mobile phone number.

Thanks

I wish Plymouth all the best for the future and they can continue to have Speedway for many years to come.

Track was very slick and the overalll quality of the racing was far inferior to my previous visits.

Tonight was hug the line and hope not to make a mistake otherwise you were passed.

Edited by Gunner85

Dear Graham Reeve: I have made an appointment at Specsavers for you. A couple of your decision were shocking and ultimately cost Plymouth the win.

Ht11. Bewley ,although with his front wheel well over the inside line, just kept his back wheel the right side of it.The balance this lad has is awesome to watch. Never lost ground despite the lift. After Smith had fallen and fx., in the rerun,Bewley clearly had both wheels INSIDE the white line by a good 12-18 inches, it should have been a 5-0 instead of a 3-3.

Unreal in Ht14. Priest gated, locked up and Andrews and Mellish somehow getting their bikes down very quickly, but still ended up in a heap,with Andrews losing skin on fingers. The audible gasp from the crowd was clear for everyone to hear.as Reeves ordered a rerun with all 4! It was so clear what had happened.

In the rerun, Priest locks up again, but doesnt fall, with Andrews falling and ending up on the centre green.At least this time he got it right, and excluded Priest Nothing malicious at all.

Bewley is an awesome talent with incredible balance,a joy to watch. Immaculate maximum, although extremely fortunate in that one ride.Otherwise on a different planet to the rest.Love watching young Bickley.In Ht12, Compton led until bend2, lap4, made a small error, Bickley was there and forced Compton to give way.Hard but very fair and a delight to watch.k

Atkins was flying, almost literally in Ht9, Superb first turn, backed up by Compton, Devils on 5-1 when Henry lifted violently on turns 1/2 and flew uncontrollably into the air fence. Thankfully despite puncturing the fence panel, he walked away. Lucky boy. As is often the case, in the rerun,Smith gated and gone.

Devils deserved to win, but Mr Reeve saw to it that they didnt. Colts got lucky.

Dear Graham Reeve: I have made an appointment at Specsavers for you. A couple of your decision were shocking and ultimately cost Plymouth the win.

Ht11. Bewley ,although with his front wheel well over the inside line, just kept his back wheel the right side of it.The balance this lad has is awesome to watch. Never lost ground despite the lift. After Smith had fallen and fx., in the rerun,Bewley clearly had both wheels INSIDE the white line by a good 12-18 inches, it should have been a 5-0 instead of a 3-3.

Unreal in Ht14. Priest gated, locked up and Andrews and Mellish somehow getting their bikes down very quickly, but still ended up in a heap,with Andrews losing skin on fingers. The audible gasp from the crowd was clear for everyone to hear.as Reeves ordered a rerun with all 4! It was so clear what had happened.

In the rerun, Priest locks up again, but doesnt fall, with Andrews falling and ending up on the centre green.At least this time he got it right, and excluded Priest Nothing malicious at all.

Bewley is an awesome talent with incredible balance,a joy to watch. Immaculate maximum, although extremely fortunate in that one ride.Otherwise on a different planet to the rest.Love watching young Bickley.In Ht12, Compton led until bend2, lap4, made a small error, Bickley was there and forced Compton to give way.Hard but very fair and a delight to watch.k

Atkins was flying, almost literally in Ht9, Superb first turn, backed up by Compton, Devils on 5-1 when Henry lifted violently on turns 1/2 and flew uncontrollably into the air fence. Thankfully despite puncturing the fence panel, he walked away. Lucky boy. As is often the case, in the rerun,Smith gated and gone.

Devils deserved to win, but Mr Reeve saw to it that they didnt. Colts got lucky.

With respect looking at the meeting with a could of should of point of view with Payne and Shuttlworth missing and just a 6 point return from R/R and guest you got lucky meeting us at a time when both riders were missing. :wink:

Edited by B.V 72

A salvage job there for the unlucky Colts. Lee and Jack have identical averages so Lee's 8 points plus another 5 or 6 from Rob would have seen a comfortable win but if your lucks not in what can you do.

The unlucky youngsters stuck to the task and only ended up dropping two matches points so our misfortune was negated a little as we fight for top spot.

Well done to Plymouth you can only race what's in front of you and now we've raced you I hope your luck continues.

There were riders warming their tyres at the gate.

Clearly wiewable to me so therefore the ref should have seen it.

I thought it had been banned

There were riders warming their tyres at the gate.

Clearly wiewable to me so therefore the ref should have seen it.

I thought it had been banned

Only in FIM meetings.