British Speedway Forum

Using an old average is ludicrous though.

Not as ludicrous as Musielak, who should have been on a 6+.

But surely at some point the bspa must bring on a sensible policy. Or...maybe not

Don't get why you think it's ludicrous tho.

Both Poles had very average seasons when they rode for Coventry and Wolves respectively.

Woryna rode last season so only has had one season out the sport. Tobi has had 2 seasons out the UK before signing for Swindon.

On this issue the ruling is very clear however .... More than 2 seasons out of the UK. Both riders haven't had more than 2 seasons out the UK.

Have either progressed massively to require a reassessment???? Not that much in all honesty.

When Coventry sign half their 2011 team and they changed the rules to screw the club I seem to remember a number of Poole fans claiming it was foolish to sign riders before the AGM.

I hope Poole get idioted over. As for Woryna, he's got his wish. I just wish he'd never signed for Coventry int he first place. I'll never forgive him for signing and giving an interview in the Speedway Star waxing lyrical about Poole - still, it meant Havvy had someone to get excited about in the pits with when Poole were doing well.

Don't get why you think it's ludicrous tho.

Both Poles had very average seasons when they rode for Coventry and Wolves respectively.

Woryna rode last season so only has had one season out the sport. Tobi has had 2 seasons out the UK before signing for Swindon.

On this issue the ruling is very clear however .... More than 2 seasons out of the UK. Both riders haven't had more than 2 seasons out the UK.

Have either progressed massively to require a reassessment???? Not that much in all honesty.

Woryna has gone from a 5.28 average to 8.23 in the Polish league between last year and this. That's quite a significant improvement.

I'm not saying he should get reassessed, but he definitely has made significant improvement in the last year.

• Like 1

Last GSA was 4.65 and rightly so he should keep his last British average.

He is young and still does not have a proven track record on UK tracks other than 4.65.

Why is it that when it is Poole it is always points manipulation but with any other club its acceptable. Like Musiliak or Jonasson or even the great Kazparsak riding at reserve due to the ridiculous false average he obtained with his woeful efforts for Poole....

I repeat again that any other promoter who could be bothered to take the time could have signed the guy at 4.65 for next year (or at least tried). Had they trawled through the Polish stats which even I can do, then it was obvious he is a rising talent who has come thru the Nice PL - a few matches in Swedish 2nd Div plus a one season tester when only 19 at Coventry where he got some valuable experience.

He is improving and is riding Polish Extral for Rybnik as one of 2 juniors in each PEL team. Meaning he has had chance to beat both other juniors and World Class seniors. Helping him to 14th in PEL averages.

But just look at his score in the Pairs last night 12 plus 1 from 6 rides and in one race he beat Zmarzlick and Pawlicki.

He deserves a chance and at 4.65 and subject to no curved balls by BSPA or SCB he is hopefully a good signing on a good average for team building in 2018.

I hope he joins both Brady Kurtz and Jack Holder in an exciting 3 of the best young riders around.

Personally I would like to see both Shanes (if he will also ride for another club in Champ to get more experience) and maybe Newman for 2016 if the rules are that the club has to have 2 Brits.

That would hopefully still leave a shovel load of points for 2 top riders.

Plenty to ponder on even though we a re only just entering the third week of August.

I was watching Woryna at Gdansk on last Monday (14th August) in the IMME meeting and he was pretty good in that too. Beat Jason Doyle from the back in his semi-final to move into the final. He finished second in the final ahead of Bartosz Smarlik and Patryck Dudek. Caught and passed Smarzlik coming off the fourth turn on the last lap. Leon Madsen won the meeting.

Using an old average is ludicrous though.

Not as ludicrous as Musielak, who should have been on a 6+.

But surely at some point the bspa must bring on a sensible policy. Or...maybe not

Maybe not. But you watch him come on in leaps and bounds at poole. :party:

Decent enough signing on that average but he has loads to prove.

Lots of Poles dont bring their form to the UK for some reasons and Woryna will do well to average 6 in my opinion.

One race last night doesnt make him a world beater, all well and good saying he beat Zmarzlik but he also got beat by Lebedevs (who will make the gp's long before Woryna) Jablonski and Madsen.

Good little rider on a decent average but Poole need to go out and get a big hitting number one

Oh don't worry your little old self, Matt will.. Havn't you got a championship team to support ? ;)

Edited by Starman2006

I think Kacper will prove to be a very good signing. Whilst it is always a bit of a gamble to sign riders without knowing next years rules, just signing one or two shouldn't be a issue and having a Kacper in the team has worked in the past and I certainly wouldn't object to their being two in next years team if Gomolski can be fitted in.

I was watching Woryna at Gdansk on last Monday (14th August) in the IMME meeting and he was pretty good in that too. Beat Jason Doyle from the back in his semi-final to move into the final. He finished second in the final ahead of Bartosz Smarlik and Patryck Dudek. Caught and passed Smarzlik coming off the fourth turn on the last lap. Leon Madsen won the meeting.

Just hope the fans and club exercise patience with the lad.

The UK tracks are not like Poland and in my opinion UK requires more skill on smaller tracks which are also in the main not up to the quality of the Polish tracks OVERALL.

Magic proved that having some years in UK improved him no end over a 3/4 year period to make him what he is now i.e a potential World Champion. Lets not get carried away though. Poole need a period of calm after the calamities of this year. If they can secure a top flight number one (like a Magic again) and have good strength in depth with the likes of Kurtz and Holder JR to hopefully come on as well as maybe Shanes and Newman (or a.n.other) then the lad wont have the World on his shoulders.

Whatever the general opinion is on Chris Holder (and for sure its divided especially amongst other teams supporters) I still think he is a steal at 7.16. Some are writing him off as a has been who is only using British Speedway. This year its no secret he has struggled with the engines not being tuned good enough to give him the speed we know he is capable of. Look at his scores in Poland when he rode 2/3 matches on Medzinskis equipment recently. Much more like the old Chris Holder. I think a more focused Chris in 2018 back at his home club Poole on hopefully better running equipment with his friend and co Aussie Brady as well as younger Brother Jack could revitalise him. At 7.16 one would be crazy not to take him back. For all the negative press amongst some supporters and Promoter.../s he could be a good influence if he channels the positives. He needs to also put the Darcy horror and the difficulties of his personal relationship last year behind him. Coming back to Poole also keeps him close to his boy who we know he loves to bits.

I would like to think a more focused Chris will rediscover his form if he can also get his engines and mind set sorted.

But he is not the only one. There are plenty of riders out there who we call World Class who have had tuning issues this year and many have struggled to find the answer. Incl Woffinden - Kilderman - Saifutinov - Zagar and others. Few have been able to put their finger on where the lack of speed is coming from. They are hardly poor riders.

There seems to have been a lack of consistency among a lot of top riders this year due to power issues.

Maybe not. But you watch him come on in leaps and bounds at poole. :party:

Oh don't worry your little old self, Matt will.. Havn't you got a championship team to support ? ;)

Watch him come in leaps and bounds at Poole???

Oh you mean like Kyle Newman who pretty much kept the same average through his whole time at Poole and then at the first sign of him having a slight dip in form Poole booted him out of the door.

Or do you mean the returning KK?? You were very vocal how well he would go this season..............guess the management messed that up

Or do you mean Klindt??? Supposedly a high scoring reserve that hardly added anything to his average??

As ive said looks a good signing but is Poole the only club where riders come on then is it????

And yes i do have a championship team i support.....i was there last night thanks and a good meeting it was with Harris so good to watch.

And you know i support Ipswich because when i was on holiday a couple of weeks back you went on the Ipswich thread asking where i was.

Come on you remember......you went on the thread and didnt talk about speedway at all just your infatuation with me.......................then you politely got told to eff off the Ipswich thread by the other supporters............they dont take fools kindly you see..

And hey you never know we may just win that league and then you can come up to Foxhall, though we sell our speedway stars from the track shop we dont need a grown man freeloader to do it for us

Edited by Gavan

Watch him come in leaps and bounds at Poole???

Oh you mean like Kyle Newman who pretty much kept the same average through his whole time at Poole and then at the first sign of him having a slight dip in form Poole booted him out of the door.

Or do you mean the returning KK?? You were very vocal how well he would go this season..............guess the management messed that up

Or do you mean Klindt??? Supposedly a high scoring reserve that hardly added anything to his average??

As ive said looks a good signing but is Poole the only club where riders come on then is it????

And yes i do have a championship team i support.....i was there last night thanks and a good meeting it was with Harris so good to watch.

And you know i support Ipswich because when i was on holiday a couple of weeks back you went on the Ipswich thread asking where i was.

Come on you remember......you went on the thread and didnt talk about speedway at all just your infatuation with me.......................then you politely got told to eff off the Ipswich thread by the other supporters............they dont take fools kindly you see..

And hey you never know we may just win that league and then you can come up to Foxhall, though we sell our speedway stars from the track shop we dont need a grown man freeloader to do it for us

Jealousy will get you knowhere.. :party:

Jealousy will get you knowhere.. :party:

NIce of you to answer the points i brought up.....once again your intellect doesnt allow you to debate but hey ho we all like a laugh on here at your expense.

Oh and im jealous of what or whom?

NIce of you to answer the points i brought up.....once again your intellect doesnt allow you to debate but hey ho we all like a laugh on here at your expense.

Nothing wrong with my intellect, its your sanity i worry about. Havn't you got a championship team to support instead of flooding the poole threads.

Hi Gavan

As an observer and occasional Poster I think you do post a lot of interesting points many of them are true.

However I do notice how its like waving a red rag to a bull when you rise to the bait with Starman which occasionally is entertaining but much of your exchanges become too much. Starman is equally to blame.

I enjoy both your contributions at times and manyof our comments Gav as a non Poole supporter merit respect and are true such as the situ's with Klindt/Newman and the very frustrating Kazp. You made plenty of observations and comments on all 3 and some well in advance of what eventually happened in respect of how good/bad they became or stood still on av. etc.

I welcome both your inputs guys but just wish you would both keep it to Speedway with the odd bit of banter. You are both valuable members of a breed of supporter most would welcome to get interested in the sport. Lets not totally wipe each other out. There's room for characters like you two guys as you are the lifeblood of the speedway even if you don't see eye to eye on many things in the sport :-)

I think Kacper will prove to be a very good signing. Whilst it is always a bit of a gamble to sign riders without knowing next years rules, just signing one or two shouldn't be a issue and having a Kacper in the team has worked in the past and I certainly wouldn't object to their being two in next years team if Gomolski can be fitted in.

Is that the team place he was promised that, so far, hasn't materialised?

Oh god! Starman's been on the happy pills. He does know that the signing is for 2018 - and anything can happen between now and then!

He is certainly a good discovery - by Coventry!

Edited by Steve0
  • Like 3

I liked Kacper a lot at Coventry in that he was a rider who had good relationship with the fans and had some good races at reserve at Brandon and occasionally at Wolves.

However some of his scores away were shocking in the uk.

I wish him luck.

I think it's laughable for Matt Ford to claim he's the next Magic at this moment

Edited by mdmc82

Woryna has gone from a 5.28 average to 8.23 in the Polish league between last year and this. That's quite a significant improvement.

I'm not saying he should get reassessed, but he definitely has made significant improvement in the last year.

I stand corrected. Didn't realise the increase was that significant. :t: