British Speedway Forum

The Championship seems in a far better position than the Premiership so why would they want to move up?

How? In what way?

Is the radio part Available to listen to?

Can someone put the link in?

The radio interview was on BBC Radio Solent (96.1 FM) on the sports report on the Julian Clegg Breakfast Show at around 0720 this morning.

Would love to see Robert Lambert riding for us but the signing is Adam Ellis and I don't have a problem with that at all.

Ellis will be a great signing (Obviously him) now we need to get Newman as our second Brit for 2018.

M. Janowski

B. Kurtz

C. Holder

J. Holder

A. Ellis

K. Woryna

K. Newman

Obviously Ellis.

How do you imagine that 1-7 would work then? What averages do you have them all on?

It never ceases to amaze me how vivid some fans' imaginations are!! ;-)

• Like 2

The radio interview was on BBC Radio Solent (96.1 FM) on the sports report on the Julian Clegg Breakfast Show at around 0720 this morning.

How do you imagine that 1-7 would work then? What averages do you have them all on?

1. Janowski 8.97

2. Ellis 5.45

3. C. Holder 7.16

4. J. Holder 5.86

5. B. Kurtz 8.09

6. Woryna 4.65

7. Newman 4.45 or Shanes 2.83

Total = 44.63 or 43.01

Points limit wont be lower than 45 IMO.

Edited by Poole Pirates Fanatic

Depends on what next seasons points limit is.

IF and its a big IF it was 45 points then it just squeezes in (44.63) based on current GSA issued yesterday plus KW at 4.65 and Janowski at his last GSA close in 2015 of 8.97. If its 42 points then yep it wont fit.

Now that would be an exciting fairly young team with CH the oldest at 30. MJ at 26 - Kurtz 21 - Holder jr 21 - Ellis 21 - Woryna just turned 21 - Newman 25.

Of course only Matt Ford and other Promoters will know if 45 is on the table for 2018. (I am sure a draft proposal is already with them all). Hope it is and we don't get watered down 42 again. Also mentioned team has the 2 Brits in it.

Going to be interesting to see how it develops.

Also for the stat minded amongst us. Robert Lambert is only 0.31 of a point above Chris Holder. If the thinking was NOT to re-sign CH then it again JUST squeezes in.

Of course that opens the debate of would you have CH over RL (if such a move was even a possibility).

Plenty of food for thought and there may even be other diamonds out there that Matt has up his sleeve as he negotiates.

As for the mind games about Ellis. No not mind games just a forward thinking promote who has got his backside into gear early in thinking of next season and the fact he could be an ace card drifting in and out of reserve and hopefully better. Taking the obvious 3 from 2 i.e Newman/Ellis/Woryna it keeps them pretty tight at reserve without the obvious weakness that Shames brings.

That's without thinking about Klindt - someone like Jakobsen (if they could get him on a 5 GSA).

Plenty to ponder on ;-)

I would like it to be Poole although I can understand that after what happened this season some Poole supporters want the quick/safe fix for 2018.

The above is just my opinion of course. I just believe in giving talent a chance just as Matt did with youngsters like Ward/Holder Snr/Kurtz/Holder Jnr and numerous others over the years.

Yeh i agree, but we are used to success, so thats what we crave.

Its been quiet on here last days while all the build up and subsequent slagging off has been going on with the Poole V Swindon topic.

I here that Greg Hancock is coming to UK and is attending a Glasgow meeting. Must admit I am intrigued. He is finished for the season in Poland/Sweden due to his injury and would have thought he was packing up for his annual return to USA.

Unusual to think he is attending a Champ meeting in Scotland. Maybe also catching up with some friends but it does get the brain matter going as to whether anything else afoot regarding 2018 ???

Secondly Jack Holder has come in for plenty of knocks on the Poole V Swindon topic after his poor return last night. Plenty of comments re wrong attitude - not good enough - will only ever be a lower order rider etc.

I made my feelings known on it via the same topic as think he needs defending as a young and upcoming rider finding his way in his first season in PL. Amazing how some forget that in last seasons semi playoffs Brady Kurtz scored 7 from 7 rides over the two meetings as was so bad he had to be replaced by reserves in his last 2 rides.

I would like to think that the angry ones are just caught up in the heat of the moment/result as he doesn't deserve the crap thrown his way. I think most Prem teams would like to have him with his potential talent for those willing to exercise a little patience. Think he will improve and come good and most forget he is only 21 - first season in Prem - has one less years UK experience anyway than Brady Kurtz. With a GSA to start next year around 5.6/5.75 I think it is worth letting him learn his trade in a hopefully exciting young team for 2018.

I think those with short memories may remember a certain Jason Doyle.

For Poole in 2010 as a 24 year old already with some experience his final GSA was 4.38 - 2011 it was 5.24 and in his final Poole season at 26 he managed a thumping 5.28 GSA.

You remember the guy. Could gate but was always overtaken and rarely if ever overtook from behind. Seemed to be a guy who didn't know how to ride hard and always ran out of gas regulary going from 1st/2nd to 3rd/4th during a race.

A prime example I think of where a little patience should be exercised when a new talent appears on the scene. You sure didn't see Doyle blowing opponents away in the equiv of Champ or Polish Exl at 21. If I recall he struggled to even get regular outings in Nice Polish League 1 at 25/26.

We all want success at Poole but for the impatient I say exercise some patience and let Jack Holder build confidence and experience and hopefully he will come good. A lot of the young Aussies that have come here have not achieved in such a short period what Jack has in Prem/Champ and Polish EXL. Remember 21 not 25/26 or 27. In his first serious season at top level.

I for one want him to form part of a team that includes exciting youngsters such as Holder Jr - B.Kurtz - Kacper Woryna and maybe even another ?? - Maybe Shanes if the points target taking into account a decent heat leader/leaders to help these youngsters continue to develop.

If the side could accommodate riders such as Milik/Janowski/Holder Senior or any other top notch riders it can only help these young guys develop and learn.

I look forward to 2018 from the perspective that I would hope Matt Ford produces a young and exciting team with some experienced points getters to bolster. Even Brady Kurtz will still have his ups and downs. Too many take for granted he is a heat leader and its only his second season in the top flight and still just short of being 21.

• Like 3

Its been quiet on here last days while all the build up and subsequent slagging off has been going on with the Poole V Swindon topic.

I here that Greg Hancock is coming to UK and is attending a Glasgow meeting. Must admit I am intrigued. He is finished for the season in Poland/Sweden due to his injury and would have thought he was packing up for his annual return to USA.

Unusual to think he is attending a Champ meeting in Scotland. Maybe also catching up with some friends but it does get the brain matter going as to whether anything else afoot regarding 2018 ???

Secondly Jack Holder has come in for plenty of knocks on the Poole V Swindon topic after his poor return last night. Plenty of comments re wrong attitude - not good enough - will only ever be a lower order rider etc.

I made my feelings known on it via the same topic as think he needs defending as a young and upcoming rider finding his way in his first season in PL. Amazing how some forget that in last seasons semi playoffs Brady Kurtz scored 7 from 7 rides over the two meetings as was so bad he had to be replaced by reserves in his last 2 rides.

I would like to think that the angry ones are just caught up in the heat of the moment/result as he doesn't deserve the crap thrown his way. I think most Prem teams would like to have him with his potential talent for those willing to exercise a little patience. Think he will improve and come good and most forget he is only 21 - first season in Prem - has one less years UK experience anyway than Brady Kurtz. With a GSA to start next year around 5.6/5.75 I think it is worth letting him learn his trade in a hopefully exciting young team for 2018.

I think those with short memories may remember a certain Jason Doyle.

For Poole in 2010 as a 24 year old already with some experience his final GSA was 4.38 - 2011 it was 5.24 and in his final Poole season at 26 he managed a thumping 5.28 GSA.

You remember the guy. Could gate but was always overtaken and rarely if ever overtook from behind. Seemed to be a guy who didn't know how to ride hard and always ran out of gas regulary going from 1st/2nd to 3rd/4th during a race.

A prime example I think of where a little patience should be exercised when a new talent appears on the scene. You sure didn't see Doyle blowing opponents away in the equiv of Champ or Polish Exl at 21. If I recall he struggled to even get regular outings in Nice Polish League 1 at 25/26.

We all want success at Poole but for the impatient I say exercise some patience and let Jack Holder build confidence and experience and hopefully he will come good. A lot of the young Aussies that have come here have not achieved in such a short period what Jack has in Prem/Champ and Polish EXL. Remember 21 not 25/26 or 27. In his first serious season at top level.

I for one want him to form part of a team that includes exciting youngsters such as Holder Jr - B.Kurtz - Kacper Woryna and maybe even another ?? - Maybe Shanes if the points target taking into account a decent heat leader/leaders to help these youngsters continue to develop.

If the side could accommodate riders such as Milik/Janowski/Holder Senior or any other top notch riders it can only help these young guys develop and learn.

I look forward to 2018 from the perspective that I would hope Matt Ford produces a young and exciting team with some experienced points getters to bolster. Even Brady Kurtz will still have his ups and downs. Too many take for granted he is a heat leader and its only his second season in the top flight and still just short of being 21.

Well said!!! Even if Holder is having a bad Playoffs his average is dropping all the time. I would have him back every day of the week. Kurtz, Holder and Woryna to start next year please!

Well said!!! Even if Holder is having a bad Playoffs his average is dropping all the time. I would have him back every day of the week. Kurtz, Holder and Woryna to start next year please!

Im sure you may get yr wish..

Dont think the play off matches count towards the riders averages....
  • Like 2

Dont think the play off matches count towards the riders averages....

A shame but would still sign him at 5.86.

I can only see Jack improving. A 5.86 av is not so bad considering the season Poole have had.

In a team of good young riders with this time decent proven established and consistent heat leader strength, the like of Holder Jr - Kurtz - Woryna can hopefully only improve.

Would be helpful if we could get some inside info on whether its going to be 45 points limit or av.

Intrigued as to the news Chapman is announcing re 2018 team news t their last home meeting tonight.

I wonder if its about NKI or Lambert as cant think of anything major outside of those 2. Announcing NKI would be no problem whatever points limit as they have nothing as a team outside of them as he will have to rebuild if they stay Prem.

I wonder what Lamberts thoughts/intentions are as don't think he has been a happy boy there this year.

Would be interesting to see if his head may be being turned from promoter/s elsewhere. Not being mischievous just food for thought on the topic of exciting young rider possibilities maybe for the Poole team even if it is the ramblings of a Speedway supporter of some 47 years.

Still cant believe my first meeting was as a 15 year old at Hackney Wick in 1970. At least I can say I have seen most of the greats that have ruled the Speedway World since the mid 60's. I can also remember things like a youthful Mark Loram tearing up the track at Waterden Road in the second half as a junior well as Joe Screen as young lads travelling many miles just to get a second half couple of rides.

Many Happy Days :-)