British Speedway Forum

Not sure about having Jack Holder back but he does have a low average and the ability to get a max at Peterborough last night so he might be worth another go.

Definitely worth another season.

He has scored well for Peterborough and shown he has talent when riding those few meetings for Torun.

I agree he didn't show so much for Poole in second half of the season but many forget it is his first season in Prem. At only a 5.82 av and MAYBE he could drop into a reserve berth that would do both his av and confidence good. Having said that I would also hope he can improve his av anyway as he gains more experience.

If he had been in a good team he would not have been under the microscope so much and allowed to have his up and down meetings while he gained experience.

I certainly would not like to see him riding Prem elsewhere because if as I expect he does get better then he could say "Go to hell" if we did try to get him back.

In a strong and consistent team I say let him develop and hopefully he will come good. Too much expected of the young Aussies we sign. Perhaps the legacy of having some of the great Young Aussies over the years and especially so soon after having Holder Sr and Ward as probably the 2 most exciting young riders of their era riding in UK over the last 7 years.

Not every Aussie can be an overnight star. Ask a certain Mr Jason Doyle who hardly inspired enthusiasm in the years he was at Poole. We all remember the gate quick and then constantly overtaken during the race. Even when he was 23/24/25. How times change huh ??

Both Kurtz and Holder Jr's will be good riders. Brady almost there at just 21 today (his birthday today). Holder may have developed sooner perhaps had he not decided to stay in Aussie for another year to complete his apprenticeship I think. He is 1 UK speedway year behind Brady and in his first UK top flight season.

Let's give these guys a break. They will still have ups and downs as they gain more experience.

I would rather have them in my team any day as they both have good exciting styles and with the scope to get better.

Forget the fact they may also ride Poland & Sweden. Most of the World stars do and it improves them as riders gaining experience on all kinds of tracks. Also remember a Speedway riders career is not that long so you have to make money where you can, as retirement from this sport for most is before you are 40. Its not paying what a lot of other motorsports pay where you can retire fairly wealthy.

Primary objective for Poole should be a complete overall of the track.

What is the point of having talented riders without giving them a track to show off their talents.

• Like 4

Not sure about having Jack Holder back but he does have a low average and the ability to get a max at Peterborough last night so he might be worth another go.

I think Jack will stay, along with James shanses

nothing seemed to have tailed of a little bit like he did last season ?

Kurtz was signed as a third heat leader though and, despite spending the majority of the season riding at number one, still managed to increase his average. I'd say he was a spectacular success, let down largely by Kasprzak's lack of effort.

Edited by Nellie
  • Like 6

Kurtz was signed as a third heat leader though and, despite spending the majority of the season riding at number one, still managed to increase his average. I'd say he was a spectacular success, let down largely by Kasprzak's lack of effort.

Kurtz is a talented young man who will develop further in the next few years.... he still needs a rider above him to take the pressure off being a number one

Edited by Gunner85
  • Like 1

If Matt gets rid of Kurtz,i will be a disgrace

Edited by Bald Bloke

If Matt gets rid of Kurtz,i will be a disgrase

i dont think matt will get rid of brady as you say it may be a case of brady being able to fit us if sweden and poland come calling :t:

If Matt gets rid of Kurtz,i will be a disgrase

And you're not anyway?

• Like 1

i dont think matt will get rid of brady as you say it may be a case of brady being able to fit us if sweden and poland come calling :t:

No chance of Brady going imo.

I hope he does do UK/Swe/Pol as it will improve him as a rider. He has no GP distraction at this stage and until he does I think he will easily accommodate UK as well.

There is no way in a million years that Matt Ford would allow such a prestigious talent to slip out of his hands. He is part of the future of Poole just as Chris Holder and Darcy Ward were for some years before fate intervened.

Hopefully Jack Holder will also be one of those long term for those hopefully willing to exercise a little patience ;)

Surprise surprise, no sign of Gavin on the Sheffield v Ipswich thread tonight

I definitely want Brady back next season along with an established number one but who that will be who knows!?

BRADY Kurtz has set his sights on a third straight season with Pirates and a place among the SGB Premiership's elite.

The 21-year-old was arguably Poole's brightest spark during the campaign just gone, in which the Wimborne Road side reached the play-off semi-finals.

And the former Australian champion, who lodges with team boss Neil Middleditch, wants to earn a team spot with his parent club for 2018.

Kurtz this year stormed into the number one role for the first time in Poole colours with his only major setback coming when he suffered a broken rib in July.

Reflecting on his campaign, Kurtz told the Daily Echo: "I'm really happy with the season.

"After I came back from injury, it might not have looked like I was scoring the massive points I was before but it's a much tougher job when you are at number one, especially when you go to the away tracks.

"Every team has one of the best riders in the world and I had to race them three times out of five, and race wins aren't easy to come by.

"But I did my best and got some solid scores.

"I was happy to be number one and learned a lot and, hopefully, next year I can come back and continue to be number one and bang in the big scores and be one of the top riders."

Article from the Bournemouth Daily Echo...... http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/speedway/piratesnews/15565235.Aussie_star_Kurtz_targeting_stay_at_Pirates/

Brady looking to stay at Poole next year, according to a pre-World U21 interview in the Bournemouth Echo today!!

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/speedway

ps. This is the 2nd Poole thread I've caught up with this morning and NO Gavan!! Is he on 'holiday' again with his family?

Edited by Skidder1

He (Brady) is a coming on well (except when riding for Swindon at BV) and should have a bright future.

Edited by Steve0

Seen the odd post that Robert Lambert MAY not be back at KL in 2018.

Would Poole fans like to see Matt Ford try to sign this young talent in the Pirates colours ??

Still only 19 (20 in Apr 2018) and his final GSA 7.38.

Would love to see him alongside other rising young stars such as B.Kurtz/J.Holder/K.Woryna.

I just did one of those lets guess the team calculations. I come up with the flwg:

Lambert 7.38

B.Kurtz 8.08

J.Holder 5.82

C.Woryna 4.65

Chris Holder 7.16

J.Shanes 2.96

Total 36.05

If points total 42 leaves 5.93 If 43 its 6.96 and if 45 leaves 8.96.

I make the 45 point limit 0.01 too high to accommodate Magic :-(

Sure would like to know what team points limit we can play the guessing game with for 2018, as would certainly eliminate some of the team make up ideas.

Any thoughts ??

Seen the odd post that Robert Lambert MAY not be back at KL in 2018.

Would Poole fans like to see Matt Ford try to sign this young talent in the Pirates colours ??

Still only 19 (20 in Apr 2018) and his final GSA 7.38.

Would love to see him alongside other rising young stars such as B.Kurtz/J.Holder/K.Woryna.

I just did one of those lets guess the team calculations. I come up with the flwg:

Lambert 7.38

B.Kurtz 8.08

J.Holder 5.82

C.Woryna 4.65

Chris Holder 7.16

J.Shanes 2.96

Total 36.05

If points total 42 leaves 5.93 If 43 its 6.96 and if 45 leaves 8.96.

I make the 45 point limit 0.01 too high to accommodate Magic :-(

Sure would like to know what team points limit we can play the guessing game with for 2018, as would certainly eliminate some of the team make up ideas.

Any thoughts ??

Limit should be 46..