British Speedway Forum

Very disappointing to see how fickle some of the Poole fans on here are regarding Chris Holder.

Noddy rode his heart out for the Pirates for many seasons, helped us to multiple domestic trophies, and was a superb leader for the team.

I don't think he's ever been quite the same since his bad crash at Coventry, and no, he was far from a perfect role model in the last season or two, but you can't just write off everything he did for the Pirates.

I was not upset to see him move on to a different team in 2017 because I felt KK was the better option on the averages (so so wrong), but Chris Holder is an all-time Poole legend, and should be remembered as so. Fair enough critique him, but some of the slagging off he's getting in this thread is way over the top. And you call yourselves Poole fans. PAH!

• Like 6

Very disappointing to see how fickle some of the Poole fans on here are regarding Chris Holder.

Noddy rode his heart out for the Pirates for many seasons, helped us to multiple domestic trophies, and was a superb leader for the team.

I don't think he's ever been quite the same since his bad crash at Coventry, and no, he was far from a perfect role model in the last season or two, but you can't just write off everything he did for the Pirates.

I was not upset to see him move on to a different team in 2017 because I felt KK was the better option on the averages (so so wrong), but Chris Holder is an all-time Poole legend, and should be remembered as so. Fair enough critique him, but some of the slagging off he's getting in this thread is way over the top. And you call yourselves Poole fans. PAH!

kyle also rode his heart out for us as well and he got the sack sorry to bring that up !!!
  • Like 2

So if you don't want Chris Holder in the Poole team then you are not a Poole fan??! Darcy has said on twitter he doesn't think he will be in the Poole team! Also i would rather have riders in the team who actually give a ****, all he does is slags it off. Rather keep Hans.
  • Like 2

So if you don't want Chris Holder in the Poole team then you are not a Poole fan??! Darcy has said on twitter he doesn't think he will be in the Poole team! Also i would rather have riders in the team who actually give a ****, all he does is slags it off. Rather keep Hans.

well said lisa sooner have hans anyday of the week never let us down he may mot a top rider but does is job

well said lisa sooner have hans anyday of the week never let us down he may mot a top rider but does is job

Hans had quite a few iffy meeting last season

Agreed, If the Holder brothers want to slag off the UK, then they can go and get a visa for Torun.

They liking living in the UK, so they better keep some people happy otherwise they are going to have a problem.

• Like 1

Agreed, If the Holder brothers want to slag off the UK, then they can go and get a visa for Torun.

They liking living in the UK, so they better keep some people happy otherwise they are going to have a problem.

Or they could just move there base to Poland ?

• Like 1

Pawliki P= Needs to learn how to ride small tracks. Is great in Poland and poor elsewhere. Started at Poole and good mates with Kacper Woryna

Do you mean Piotr or Shamek?

Piotr owned Wolves track within a short time so I'm assuming you are referring to his brother.

Piotr is great on all tracks.

Or they could just move there base to Poland ?

Means Chris would never see his son. They will always keep there base in the UK.

The Holder Bros certainly dividing opinion amongst contributors on BSF.

I would prefer to have both for reasons aired previously. However we will all have to await Matt Ford to share his words of wisdom with us, and for me it will also depend if they go for a gifted number 1 or whether they go down the strength in depth route using say HA/BK and Chris H.

We can debate it all day long and for sure opinion is divided. The points limit on teams will obviously have an impact with the current census of opinion being it will be 42, which for sure limits the possibilities with also needing 2 UK riders included if that remains the rules.

In the meantime all we can do to keep the forum going is to air opinions in the hope we guess correctly what the team will be :-)

Let's hope the wait isn't too long but suppose with the Poles and Swedes sorting their teams by latest end Nov (if not earlier for most of them) and with hopefully the POL rules on how many leagues a rider can ride in will also be known well before our SGP go sunning their bums in Tenerife for the AGM come mid November.

The Holder Bros certainly dividing opinion amongst contributors on BSF.

I would prefer to have both for reasons aired previously. However we will all have to await Matt Ford to share his words of wisdom with us, and for me it will also depend if they go for a gifted number 1 or whether they go down the strength in depth route using say HA/BK and Chris H.

We can debate it all day long and for sure opinion is divided. The points limit on teams will obviously have an impact with the current census of opinion being it will be 42, which for sure limits the possibilities with also needing 2 UK riders included if that remains the rules.

In the meantime all we can do to keep the forum going is to air opinions in the hope we guess correctly what the team will be :-)

Let's hope the wait isn't too long but suppose with the Poles and Swedes sorting their teams by latest end Nov (if not earlier for most of them) and with hopefully the POL rules on how many leagues a rider can ride in will also be known well before our SGP go sunning their bums in Tenerife for the AGM come mid November.

Sorry meant BSPA not SGP :-(

The deserve ones though. I think this year we have seen that they are better than some riders. Cook is the problem, he is a wasted space.

If I could chose our number 1 from non GP riders. I would go Pawlicki. Is he a Poole asset or a Wolves asset.

Think he would be a good choice and does know the UK tracks.

Wolves asset.

• Like 1

photo-3921.jpg?_r=0

What relevance has this pic got its 7 years old,times and people change!

Who do you want then? Don't say silly names that aren't going to do Britain.

We need Chris in the side. MASSIVELY!

Kurtz and Andersen as a top 2 is weak. Kurtz is a No.5 and Andersen is a No.3

Other names being mentioned on this thread.

Klindt - Has never improved and will struggle in the 1-5.

Janowski - Will not do Britain twice a week, Sweden once a week, Poland once a week and the GP's

Vaculik - Will not do Britain full stop imo.

The only big name No.1 I could see us getting is Nicki Pedersen.

IMO Nicki might want to earn some easy money racing against dross over here seeing as he's getting on a bit now.

I dont know havent got time 2 look what riders are available,but any riders that dont have the surname holder please.

Everyones entitled to opinions id rather someone else leading the team imo.
  • Like 1

Hans had quite a few iffy meeting last season

Not as many iffy meetings as Chris Holder! Hans was a good captain and always gives his best.

Edited by foreverblue
  • Like 1

Not as many iffy meetings as Chris Holder! Hans was a good captain and always gives his best.

Another one on here with short memories, Chris is ten times the rider Hans is, and was a good captain too, he will hopefully get back to were he was , and I think a lot of people on here will be eating there words