British Speedway Forum

Another one on here with short memories, Chris is ten times the rider Hans is, and was a good captain too, he will hopefully get back to were he was , and I think a lot of people on here will be eating there words

Not at all, Chris is not the rider he was and i can't see him getting back to how he was before, he was a great rider for us and it looks like he is on a low average now but i think his best years are behind him.

Edited by foreverblue

Not at all, Chris is not the rider he was and i can't see him getting back to how he was before, he was a great rider for us and he it looks like he is on a low average now but i think his best years are behind him.

Given the the right surroundings, I think he could still do a good job for us,like Hans he's probably not an out and out number 1 , I think his own injuries and Darcy's have taken their toll, which is probably why he speaks so strongly about track preparation these days

Maybe he's not as hungry as he once was.Maybe his own injuries and Wards have got into his head.Maybe he's earning good money elsewhere and can't be arsed over here.Who knows?Maybe its a bit of all of them.Either way he slags British speedway off these days.He was more than happy to pick up his pay cheque when he first came over.

Maybe he's not as hungry as he once was.Maybe his own injuries and Wards have got into his head.Maybe he's earning good money elsewhere and can't be arsed over here.Who knows?Maybe its a bit of all of them.Either way he slags British speedway off these days.He was more than happy to pick up his pay cheque when he first came over.

There isn't much to slag of these days,everyone can see British speedway is in a right mess

There isn't much to slag of these days,everyone can see British speedway is in a right mess

We are the laughing stock of world speedway with all our stupid rules and regulations,lets get it back to were it use to be, then perhaps riders would like to ride over here

We are the laughing stock of world speedway with all our stupid rules and regulations,lets get it back to were it use to be, then perhaps riders would like to ride over here

It's a good job all the riders don't stick the boot in then !

Given the the right surroundings, I think he could still do a good job for us,like Hans he's probably not an out and out number 1 , I think his own injuries and Darcy's have taken their toll, which is probably why he speaks so strongly about track preparation these days

Hans i believe did a very good job and should be retained, he and all the Poole team didn't refuse to ride at Kings Lynn, i understand Chris Holder had his reasons but when he talks he sounds scared to ride sometimes and that can't be the right frame of mind to go in to a meeting. I feel sorry for him in many ways but Matt Ford has to weigh up if he is worth the risk.

• Like 1

Hans i believe did a very good job and should be retained, he and all the Poole team didn't refuse to ride at Kings Lynn, i understand Chris Holder had his reasons but when he talks he sounds scared to ride sometimes and that can't be the right frame of mind to go in to a meeting. I feel sorry for him in many ways but Matt Ford has to weigh up if he is worth the risk.

You only have to look at the how the "lesser" rider's(no disrespect at all btw) road it.But the 2012 World champ couldn't/wouldn't.Times where very fast so was very grippy .It was the kind of track that needed attacking as we see from time to time.I think it's to do with gonads...I bet Bomber would have loved it that night.

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1

He admitted at our team announcement meeting that he's not keen on the Lynn track but I thought he was at last sorting out his machinery and gating over here. Then that fateful night happened and that was that...

Said too much already.

Still at it I see. You know nothing more than anyone else. So keep on fishing for bites. Sad.

The ONLY person who knows anything about next years plans is Matt Ford (and probably Middlo)...who apparently personally let's you know everything that they're planning every year :rofl:

Edited by chris4gillian

Not at all, Chris is not the rider he was and i can't see him getting back to how he was before, he was a great rider for us and it looks like he is on a low average now but i think his best years are behind him.

I think he just needs a huge confidence boost which would do him the world of good. He's been quite low in recent years after Darcy's accident and his own injury's. But with the right team, right encouragement, right machinery and a good start to a season he could definitely improve and be a force in the weakened UK top league. However has last season been the last straw for him in the UK? (Dropped from Poole and banned). Middlo could be a very useful ally should Matt Ford decide to eat humble pie.

Does anyone know when the Poles have their AGM to set the rules on meetings & Countries for 2018 ??

I read this morning that the Polish transfer window is only open for the first 2 weeks of November. (Now that is what you call professional). Would be good for all of us to know when the Poles will announce if the rules on how many Countries riders riding in the POL EXL can ride in will be the same as imposed this year.

At least it will help narrow the field further on which riders will/wont be available to probably ride in UK. I.E NKI would only be allowed to do POL/SWE (for which he is already signed) plus his own Country DK as he is a Dane.

Still at it I see. You know nothing more than anyone else. So keep on fishing for bites. Sad.

The ONLY person who knows anything about next years plans is Matt Ford (and probably Middlo)...who apparently personally let's you know everything that they're planning every year :rofl:

I don’t give a flying fig whether you believe I have insider information or not. Plenty of people who know me personally and actually go to speedway rather than pretend to go, know my info is pretty good.

By the way where’s you mate Gavan to back up your posts? Oops.

He admitted at our team announcement meeting that he's not keen on the Lynn track but I thought he was at last sorting out his machinery and gating over here. Then that fateful night happened and that was that...

Oh that's strange I thought he always went pretty well at Kings Lynn in the past as it is usually the smaller tracks he has issues with.

So back from a week out of the country and not much hard news it would seem - other than Chris Holder's shortened ban and 50% reduction in fines by the ACU.

Interesting to read that Matt Ford assisted Chris with his appeal, so it would seem they've resolved their past differences!?

I think they will await the AGM before announcing the Number 1

Well if there is a no 1 being signed there cant be any room for both chris and hans as brady was probably deal was done before he went home

Edited by ray c