British Speedway Forum

I think a few people who should know have said we are going to get a genuine number one no idea who but a genuine number one isn't Chris Holder anymore, that doesn't mean Chris won't be in the team though.

Being a KL fan I’m def not a Chris Holder supporter but as the season went on he was getting better and better until that fateful night v Poole. If he’s at Poole next year I can see him going well more than capable of getting his old form back.

You mean Charles? :D

You mean Charles? :D

That's him, silly me

HOLD ALL THE HORSES!

GREG HANCOCK QUITS POLAND FOR 2018

HOLD ALL THE HORSES!

GREG HANCOCK QUITS POLAND FOR 2018

Another windup

Another windup

He's right about Hancock not riding in Poland, they have released a mini - statement with a more detailed one in the morning. Just says he has 'other racing commitments' to why he didn't accept any of the Polish offers.

Hancock could be a kk?

Don't be daft, he was WC last season.

Hancock could be a kk?

Exactly did ok for us last time but don't think he has the desire anymore to pull out his best in our league.

He's right about Hancock not riding in Poland, they have released a mini - statement with a more detailed one in the morning. Just says he has 'other racing commitments' to why he didn't accept any of the Polish offers.

i know he was wc last year but i think is days are nearly done as world class so i dont think it is the answer for our no 1 position imo

• Like 1

Yes we know but even when he rode over here last time he seemed to ride within himself hes not going to change now hes even older. Hes not someone who would pull out all the stops for his team like Janowski did.
  • Like 2

Greg says he won't be riding in the 'top' league which stopped him from helping a British club in the summer due to his contract. Maybe the lower league in Poland is more helpful when it comes to riding in UK if he decides too during 2018?

Greg says he won't be riding in the 'top' league which stopped him from helping a British club in the summer due to his contract. Maybe the lower league in Poland is more helpful when it comes to riding in UK if he decides too during 2018?

Well all this latest news on Hancock is indeed interesting.

I wonder if something is bubbling up in respect of him racing in UK??

I say that as recently I made comment about the fact that why near the end of UK season was he in UK at one of Glasgow's meetings (seemed a long ay to come for a WC for a Champ meeting) unless he was offered a good deal to come for the meeting".

I now read on Gregs own twitter page today that he is advertising the Glasgow end of season dinner & dance on 28/10 for which he is a special guest attending.

The suspicious side of me says - could this and the other visit be maybe a bit of a smoke screen for him signing some mega UK deal with Poole.

Lets be honest the guy is an icon with many (Even my local garage has a big poster up of him racing in his office). I am sure he could secure some pretty hefty sponsorship deals and at 47 (48 in June) he knows that the chances of him winning another GP with so much young talent arriving in the GP will get less as he gets towards 50. He isn't even 100% guaranteed a Wildcard for 2018, but I am sure he will having been WC 4 times.

If he could be secured on a sensible av then indeed a good signing. Especially if they could also squeeze in BK/CH