British Speedway Forum

1. B. Kurtz

2. K. Newman

3. C. Holder

4. J. Holder

5. H. Andersen

6. K. Woryna

7. J. Shanes

Points allowing, I'm sure that team would be amply strong enough to get in the Play-offs If it was allowed it would be a no-brainer not to go with it....

You clearly haven't read my post. I said James is a good rider.

But if the rumoured points limit is true 41 or 42 with Kurtz as our No.1 then their isn't any point in signing Shanes because Newman cannot cut it in the 1-5 therefore the No.2 position needs to be upgraded.

James would only get 3 rides a meeting against the opposing No.7 because Woryna will take 5 a meeting for sure. Then Jack Holder would if he dropped to reserve. So I am saying instead of getting Newman and Shanes. We could have Klindt and a 2 pointer which would make the top 5 more solid imo because Kurtz is going to need back up big time. Andersen isn't the solution because he has too many bad meetings. C. Holder hasn't been the same for a couple of years.

Just don't see the point in using 2.95 on a No.7 whilst having no No.1 in the side. We are already strong at reserve with Woryna.

Let me ask you a question Ray. Forget about Newman.

If I offered you one of the following which one would you take.

Andersen and Shanes = 10.70

Or

A proven No.1 up to 8.70 and a new 2 point rider. = 10.70

james and hans every time hans is loyal and a team man and james will improve with hans as captain a new no1 maybe only for one season imo

Edited by ray c

Persevere with Shanes all year do all the groundwork and then to disgard him would be total madness.I saw him at the Abbey right at the end of the season and he has come on nicely also he is worth his wages on excitement alone personally i would forget about Newman/ Klindt.

Quite agree and Matt ford has already said he wants Shanes back so don't really see what Gater1 is going on about but then I rarely do!

james and hans every time hans is loyal and a team man and james will improve with hans as captain a new no1 maybe only for one season imo

Hans is a very good team man who always tries his best even if that isn't quite good enough to beat the top guys he is worth a place in my opinion.

• Like 1

It's a bit of a puzzle,all this fitting riders in as you know.And we all know Matt can be ruthless.

Matt has got his team sorted for sure, all he has to do is get his fellow promoters to agree to his points cap!!!

Quite agree and Matt ford has already said he wants Shanes back so don't really see what Gater1 is going on about but then I rarely do!

Hans is a very good team man who always tries his best even if that isn't quite good enough to beat the top guys he is worth a place in my opinion.

Could there maybe be problems with doubling up? will he give up his weekend commitments a big ask to do that as he is a star attraction.He seems like a real level headed guy who wants to progress think he can improve Poole is th e club to do it at. Edited by Sidney the robin

Matt said depending on the rules.

I would take Andersen and James every time there is no 2 point rider who would score what Shanes will. What number one rider under 8.70 number one is there?

One of K. Bjerre or M. Zagar will not be at BV because you know Cook is a lock for the Aces.

Other riders might be interested in doing Britain. Lindback a possible option

Matt said depending on the rules.

One of K. Bjerre or M. Zagar will not be at BV because you know Cook is a lock for the Aces.

Other riders might be interested in doing Britain. Lindback a possible option

I doubt Lindback is a option and wouldn't want Bjerre, would like Zagar though especially on his current average.

Can't see Newman going back to Poole is happy at Leicester and Ipswich

Gater ....is there any riders left that you haven't mentioned yet??? I suppose if you mention everyone you can bask in the glory of I told you so.

• Like 4

Can't see Newman going back to Poole is happy at Leicester and Ipswich

I know maybe Matt Ford isn't his favourite person in the world but I am sure the majority would want him back and I expect it is all water under the bridge now.

• Like 1

Gater ....is there any riders left that you haven't mentioned yet??? I suppose if you mention everyone you can bask in the glory of I told you so.

Don't want to mention everyone lol. But every rider I mention I get a response like he's not coming or he's not in Matt's plans.

So that leaves me wondering who is in our plans.

No Chris Holder would mean No Jack Holder.

Kyle Newman will probably go to Leicester or Ippo.

Adam Ellis want's to stay at Swindon.

Most of our top assets wont do Britain.

You should be very, very worried. All Poole’s assets are over the hill now and no one wants to ride for you. Poole are doomed!

You should be very, very worried. All Poole’s assets are over the hill now and no one wants to ride for you. Poole are doomed!

I dont think that is the case cse meto b honest

Hans is fine, but james need more track time