British Speedway Forum

Steve Shovlar, on 11 Nov 2017 - 09:11 AM, said:

Don’t give up the day job Andy!

A shame the club didn’t have a comp. I sit with a very good graphic designer who is “tumbler” and would have made something on trend. Of course everyone has their own opinion on what they want to see so what one person likes another will despise.

Why would the club care what the fans think ? This is Speedway !! Look what the Coventry riders had to wear on their race suits ! There cant be a Bees fan out there hand on heart could say that was ever a BEE !!

I know lol.

I think Poole will have 2 teams at this rate all this riders that will only ride over here and only for Poole

Or they might just have enough - only Poole at Heart riders to run three teams and they could tour the country as other clubs teams to save money in 2018?

The only reason that riders want to ride for Poole is something called Money

i think you will find matt only pays what he can afford thats why he is still in business :t:

• Like 1

Every club should only be paying what they can afford but what they can afford varies considerably.

Poole is a well run and successful club but has the advantage of geographically being a moderately sized fish in a very small pool. Some other clubs are very small fish in a huge pool. The Pirates also have the advantage of being in a holiday tourist area where many visitors are actively looking for somewhere to spend their leisure pounds.

This helps not only with crowd numbers but also being able to attract sponsorship.

None of that detracts from what Ford has achieved but some other clubs do face more difficulties trying to increase crowds and gain sponsorship.

Every club should only be paying what they can afford but what they can afford varies considerably.

Poole is a well run and successful club but has the advantage of geographically being a moderately sized fish in a very small pool. Some other clubs are very small fish in a huge pool. The Pirates also have the advantage of being in a holiday tourist area where many visitors are actively looking for somewhere to spend their leisure pounds.

This helps not only with crowd numbers but also being able to attract sponsorship.

None of that detracts from what Ford has achieved but some other clubs do face more difficulties trying to increase crowds and gain sponsorship.

Agreed, are advantage is that we gain from the sponsors that support the club. Riders keep the sponsors they gain from riding at Poole for a lot of there career.

It does help that the only big sporting team in the area is Bournemouth and because the stadium it only gets 12k people per game.

Does help as well that the club has been successful. Success generates success. Ford does seem to have an excellent relationship with the local press and council which all helps the club succeed. Our social media might not be great but opening the shop is a great idea and the dolphin centre is about a mile from the stadium.

If we improved our social media to the level of Glasgow then we could be even more successful.

• Like 1

Hancock in Rzeszow for 3 years. Not a chance that he does the UK as well.

Not even for the mighty Poole

I think Hancock would be a big gamble anyway, not knowing how well he will recover from his shoulder injury, these things take longer as you get older no matter how fit you are! Anyone know what average he would come in on as a matter of interest?

I believe that anyone who dislocates a shoulder will find that its much weaker after that and will keep coming out if too much pressure is put on it . and Speedway Riders and other such motorcycle sports get a lot of pressure on their arms.

I believe that anyone who dislocates a shoulder will find that its much weaker after that and will keep coming out if too much pressure is put on it . and Speedway Riders and other such motorcycle sports get a lot of pressure on their arms.

That is not true, as long as the body has the required nutrients in sufficient repair quantities available, a repair is often stronger than before..

Hancock in Rzeszow for 3 years. Not a chance that he does the UK as well.

There was never a chance he was coming anyway.

• Like 1