British Speedway Forum

Seems like Ellis will be in the Swindon 1-5. Who is going to be our other brit? Hope its not Newman.

Hoping for Robert Lambert.

Could be Charles Wright. Doubt Ellis Perks would get the node think his average is too low and too much of a gamble.

Worrall???

Could be Charles Wright. Doubt Ellis Perks would get the node think his average is too low and too much of a gamble.

Worrall???

I was thinking S. Worrall. He rides our track well. No value in Wright's average for me. Shanes will be in the side so that doesn't leave any room for Perks.

So no Jack Holder or Adam Ellis. I can see us ending up with one of these teams

1. B. Kurtz 8.08

2. N. Klindt 5.78

3. C. Holder 7.16

4. Up to 6.50 / Brit up to 6.13

5. R. Lambert 7.38 / H. Andersen 7.75

6. K. Woryna 4.65

7. J. Shanes 2.95

So, it was all bovine excretia about Poole signing Adam Ellis as an asset then.....

http://www.swindonrobins.co/news.php?extend.3023

As was said days ago Adam Ellis wouldn't be in the Poole team, as far as I know very few have said he would be or was wanted. He seems on a low average for his ability so should be a good signing. not sure where the asset story came from but probably an assumption because he rode a season for Poole. It has been mentioned many times that Ellis was a Poole asset and I don't remember anyone denying it.

As was said days ago Adam Ellis wouldn't be in the Poole team, as far as I know very few have said he would be or was wanted. He seems on a low average for his ability so should be a good signing. not sure where the asset story came from but probably an assumption because he rode a season for Poole. It has been mentioned many times that Ellis was a Poole asset and I don't remember anyone denying it.

It was mainly the few so called Poole idiots who post crap on many threads who mentioned it.

Edited by A ORLOV
  • Like 2

So, it was all bovine excretia about Poole signing Adam Ellis as an asset then.....

http://www.swindonrobins.co/news.php?extend.3023

Great news for adam's future. He has made the right decision signing for the club who took a chance on his high average and stuck with him, particularly when Poole decided not to stand by him and his high average.

He is still progressing nicely so another Brit for the future.

• Like 5

Seems like Ellis will be in the Swindon 1-5. Who is going to be our other brit? Hope its not Newman.

Hoping for Robert Lambert.

Brit options: S. Worrall, R. Lambert, King, Bates, Newman, Kennett, Starke, R. Worrall, Harris, Nicholls, Wright, Lawson, Kerr & Howarth.

99% of Poole supporters want Kyle back but then if you new him so would you !!
  • Like 2

It was mainly the few so called Poole idiots who post crap on many threads who mentioned it.

It was because Matt and Cook met up and it was said they were discussing Ellis as an asset, maybe it came to nothing then but this was before the season had finished!

Depends what his average is. But thought he wanted to stay at Leicester?

It was because Matt and Cook met up and it was said they were discussing Ellis as an asset, maybe it came to nothing then but this was before the season had finished!

Depends what his average is. But thought he wanted to stay at Leicester?

For me the Ellis situation makes the second Brit position (if it still is) somewhat interesting. Assuming we were to sign Shanes as one of the Brits.

Some have mentioned maybe Robert Lambert. I think he needs a move away from KL and also maybe if he was on Poole radar he could do worse than be given accommodation by Matt or Middlo and a workshop facility as well as maybe engineer and sponsor support. He could still get home to Norfolk some days as he will now be doing POL/SWE and UK every week. UK sometimes 2 days a week.

I just feel young Rob needs a new challenge maybe also riding with other young up and coming young riders such as Woryna and any other young guys we may sign.

Anyway just a thought.

As for Kyle there are from me 2 things. 1) Can the guy be kept fit as he seems to have had one injury or another the last 3/4 seasons keeping him out for various periods. 2) The tasty looking 4.86 GSA looks very tempting for team building also taking Shanes low 2.95. The BIG point for me is could he be an ideal rider to slot into that reserve slot once hopefully Woryna moves out end May/early June. The answer could be yes as we all know he has scored many points from that berth both when he was one over the last 4 years or so. Also could be a good team rider to help James.

I think the reserve berths at Poole could play a big role as they have done in our last few league winning seasons. I view this coming season as who will be the best rider who can slot into that reserve berth with Shanes after the first GSA's come out. Not only from the reserve allocated rides but as a possible replacement also for a rider having an off night or to replace the other reserve when required.

One could argue that Newman filled that roll well when at Poole in previous years.

Am sure there are plenty of ideas knocking around but of course only one man knows the answer and that's Matt Ford. He may well already have that rider signed or earmarked.

We await some news ;-)

Your delusional. 99% get real. Kyle doesn't even want to come back himself.

Poole and young Brits don't seem to go well together back to the time they got rid of Howarth. Saw Ellis progress and then dumped him for foreign riders. Newman cruelly dispensed with and a fans favourite. Why would any young Brit go there and improve only to be dumped?

• Like 1

Your delusional. 99% get real. Kyle doesn't even want to come back himself.

where do I say that Kyle wanted to come back I never!!

Poole and young Brits don't seem to go well together back to the time they got rid of Howarth. Saw Ellis progress and then dumped him for foreign riders. Newman cruelly dispensed with and a fans favourite. Why would any young Brit go there and improve only to be dumped?

Adam was discounted due to the high GSA under the x 1.4 rule which unfairly punished him for not having had another NL campaign or had a season in Champ where he may well have got a lower GSA.

Those foreign riders you mention. You mean Kurtz and Holder Jr who were assessed on similar GSA. Think I know who I prefer to watch as potential World stars.

Kyle was as a result of cruel circumstances. Yes he had a bad injury (again) which had him struggling. He had a GSA of 6.31 but was only achieving a real 3.53 and showing no signs at that stage of improving.

Matt Ford had a difficult decision to make as he cld fill up to 6.31 or persevere with a rider who was putting in 3.53 and even at end of season only really achieved 4.86.

So what does he do because that clown KK was hardly helping matters for those further down the team.

It was a difficult biz decision for Ford to take for the betterment of the team at that time.

There were circumstances out of the ordinary that affected both riders imo.

Like Ipswich just having dumped Nathan Greaves you mean? Plus we put two brits in the shop window last season when they were left out of teams (Kerr and R.Worall) Also Newman was swapped for another Brit.