British Speedway Forum

Just to repeat what I put on the Swindon thread - as it was me that started the 'Ellis Poole asset' whisper on here as that was what was being discussed by several Poole sponsors at the time - according to Adam's dad (Jonny the Spud) the deal between Lakeside and Poole was agreed, BUT then Lakeside increased what they wanted for him and MF pulled out.

According to the full Swindon statement neither Ellis nor Waijnecht are guaranteed a 2018 team place despite them becoming assets!!

It'll be a numbers game as it is for all clubs' team building.

Edited by Skidder1

Doesn't matter about what he's done abroad. Different set up in the UK.

Look at certain rider's scores in Poland and when they come to Britain they flop.

However I would take a chance on Madsen if he wanted a British return.

Who ?

Can't think of a rider that scores well there but not here. Buczkowski 6.02 didn't do great last time he was here but can do a decent job and has been up and down in Poland but a bargain for this league.

KW will be at reserve.

Think you may find he is joining on a 6.00 average due to his World U21 performance and his Polish average being higher than previously

It was mainly the few so called Poole idiots who post crap on many threads who mentioned it.

Sounds like you don't think I am one of them!

• Like 1

Who ?

Can't think of a rider that scores well there but not here. Buczkowski 6.02 didn't do great last time he was here but can do a decent job and has been up and down in Poland but a bargain for this league.

Think you may find he is joining on a 6.00 average due to his World U21 performance and his Polish average being higher than previously

Hopefully not as he did ride here in 2016.

Part of the reason Matt signed him one assumes is that he would be rated at 4.65 as per 2016.

If you apply that logic then you surely have to adjust multiple GP winner Zagar up from his last 2016 GSA of 7.48 to at least 9.50.

Hopefully you are wrong on this one.

Of course would help if they released the new GSA and guidelines for all these potential riders (and youngsters) who may want to come over.

99% of Poole supporters want Kyle back but then if you new him so would you !!

I don't know him personally but I have met him and know that he has Poole in his heart, he is on a low average and would give his all for the team, what's not to like.

Edited by foreverblue
  • Like 4

Like Ipswich just having dumped Nathan Greaves you mean? Plus we put two brits in the shop window last season when they were left out of teams (Kerr and R.Worall) Also Newman was swapped for another Brit.

Who said we dumped greaves?

Hopefully not as he did ride here in 2016.

Part of the reason Matt signed him one assumes is that he would be rated at 4.65 as per 2016.

If you apply that logic then you surely have to adjust multiple GP winner Zagar up from his last 2016 GSA of 7.48 to at least 9.50.

Hopefully you are wrong on this one.

Of course would help if they released the new GSA and guidelines for all these potential riders (and youngsters) who may want to come over.

Zagar gained his average already as a GP rider and an average in Poland of a certain standard so he isn't in comparison.

Take Zmarzlik as a example, he was at Birminghamon 6.00 but since then has become one of the best around and would come in on 8.50 as he has improved since he was here. Poole signed him knowing he was on a 6.00 average

Who said we dumped greaves?

The rider himself on twitter!!! Along the lines of Ipswich told him no matter how they went with team building they couldn't fit him in.
  • Like 1

Zagar gained his average already as a GP rider and an average in Poland of a certain standard so he isn't in comparison.

Take Zmarzlik as a example, he was at Birminghamon 6.00 but since then has become one of the best around and would come in on 8.50 as he has improved since he was here. Poole signed him knowing he was on a 6.00 average

But Zmarlik was more than two years ago. From what I understand Woryna will come in on his 4.65 average because it was earned in the last 2 years.

Otherwise lots of riders have to be changed and for example Pawlicki should come in on 8 plus and Zagar and Tai.

Who ?

So many. Not just in Poland I mean foreign form to British form in general. Just to name a few for example.

Huckenbeck has been poor for KL yet he is decent on the foreign tracks.

Lindback was poor when he signed for us. Yet he was good in Poland and Sweden.

Buczkowski was useless yet he was decent in Poland

Gomolski isn't half the rider in Britain compared to his Polish form.

But Zmarlik was more than two years ago. From what I understand Woryna will come in on his 4.65 average because it was earned in the last 2 years.

Otherwise lots of riders have to be changed and for example Pawlicki should come in on 8 plus and Zagar and Tai.

Exactly.

Most agree that riders who rode prior to 2016 and not since should have their GSA's reassessed as many like Pawliki (2015) and Zmarzlik (2014) were very young riders who were learning their trade on the way to becoming superstars of the GP.

I think most of the BV fans who seem to be incl Zagar already in their plans are excited because his last achieved GSA in 2016 was 7.48.

Based on your logic then, having won 2 GP last season and been in top 8 of the SGP he should be at least 9 plus.

Don't get me wrong I think both Woryna and Zagar are on great averages as per 2016 and it will be shrewd promoters who sign both riders especially with this one over the 8 rule and a 42.5 team building limit.

As for Woryna - He is and was in 2016 a young rider who has proved nothing on UK tracks yet. IF he accumulates the points and masters our UK tracks then of course that will be reflected in his GSA for 2019.

Let's not punish forward thinking promoters who has the insight to sign a young rider on a decent low av. There are other young Poles as well as Swedes and danes who fall into similar situations where a switched on promoter can take a leap of faith if he wants to.

Same on Zagar. He stands out at that av on the form he showed in the second half of 2017 in GP/SWE/POL after he managed to get his misfiring Johns tuned engines finally resolved. He flew at many meetings and I would have him on that GSA.

Just to repeat what I put on the Swindon thread - as it was me that started the 'Ellis Poole asset' whisper on here as that was what was being discussed by several Poole sponsors at the time - according to Adam's dad (Jonny the Spud) the deal between Lakeside and Poole was agreed, BUT then Lakeside increased what they wanted for him and MF pulled out.

According to the full Swindon statement neither Ellis nor Waijnecht are guaranteed a 2018 team place despite them becoming assets!!

It'll be a numbers game as it is for all clubs' team building.

I heard a slight variation on the same story. In that a deal had been done but then Swindon came in with a higher offer which Lakeside accepted, without getting back to Matt.

End of the day we only want riders who want to ride for Poole and if Ellis is happy to ride for Swindon then its no big deal. As a Brit I wish him the best.

• Like 1

Not really a sensible comparison though as Zmarzlik only had an assessed average, whereas Woryna has an established one. Its entirely correct to reassess a rider who hasnt got an established average, for example Piotr Pawlicki when he went to Wolves. Don't the (last years) rules only allow a reassessment if a rider is out injured for a year, or missing from Britain for three years? Edited by Nellie
  • Like 1